April 6th, 2012
Fashion News, Kanye West
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

June Ambrose has finally launched her lifestyle, fashion, and beauty website, The Juniverse. From beauty tips to “Rockmom Chronicles,” the site is a mishmash of some of the most important things in the stylist’s life. Check it out! www.thejuniverse.com

Get More: Music News

• At 7:56 PM Drake and Rihanna will release their music video for Take Care. If you, well… care that much, here’s a teaser to entertain you until this evening. (Hello Beautiful)

Essence.com sent their own photographer to the Fashion Bomb’s shopping event at Michelle New York. Think you made the cut? Take a look at their snaps here. (Essence.com).

• In addition to shouting out Anna Wintour and model Anja Rubik on his newest track, “Theraflu,” Kanye West also had some choice words for a certain crazed animal rights group: “Tell PETA my mink is draggin’ on the floor,”  he raps. Never to miss an opportunity for publicity, PETA’s Senior Vice President, Dan Matthews gave a swift response:  “What’s draggin’ on the floor is Kanye’s reputation as a man with no empathy for animals or human beings. He’s a great musician but doesn’t seem to have the fashion sense to design anything more than caveman costumes.” All this from the same organization who donates to groups who firebomb medical research labs! I wonder what they’ve got dragging on the floor? (The Fashion Law)

Mattel unveiled its newest addition to the Barbie range, ‘I Can Be President Barbie.’ The toy company tapped Chris Benz to design the doll’s outfit, which features a smart pink blouse, jacket with red, white, and blue ruffle trim, and skirt in a vintage Chris Benz fabric. The designer explained to Styleite why he put Barbie in a skirt rather than a pantsuit:  “I think just in terms of not being overtly masculine, a skirt suit is that classic silhouette that I think is really, really polished and pretty. I think pants sometimes take it to a different territory — a little bit sportier.” What do you think of the new doll? (Styleite)

Victoria Beckham goes red for the cover of Harper’s Bazaar China’s May issue. Do you like the designer as a redhead? (Design Scene)

~ Jihan

12 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: June Ambrose’s ‘Juniverse’ Launches, PETA Responds to Dig From Kanye West, and Barbie’s New Presidential Gig”

1. ShrenAKO says:

Going on June’s site now…and Kanye…well, I have nothing to say about him. He’s an Attention Freak. Yay for Matel, but next time put the black barbie first…smh…and Victoria, go back to black!

2. Kitty B. says:

Sighs I’m still in bed eating donuts and ice cream getting over my broken engagement to Kanye…sighs…I can’t even look at him… :(

looooove the barbies, it would be perfect for my collection, Any idea on what the price may be?

and I dont like her Victoria as a redhead…not one bit!

3. Siyam says:

Lmao @ Kitty B

4. Trisha says:

I LOVE Victoria Beckham but not with that red hair.

5. LOL @ Kitty B. Oh Kanye, what will you think of next? I can’t wait to see the Drake and Rihanna video. Heading to June’s site in 5, 4, 3, 2…I hope it’s better than her show!

6. p says:

claire that orange dress looks totally fab! i don’t get june’s style and i don’t think she’s all that interesting. peta needs to drink a big glass of stfu. i like that the barbies are multicultural but pants are NOT inherently masculine. i don’t know why that guy is insinuating that they are. and i love that magazine cover with VB.

7. CiCi says:

that juniverse site is too much! (and not in a good way) too busy, too much goin on….it just doesnt flow

8. iQgraphics says:

@cici
    my words
    exactly

nice logo though

Posh looks great as a redhead!

10. B. says:

I personally wouldn’t wear fur and I don’t think it’s a good thing that people do, but I would never vilify and assault people in the name of Animal welfare. I have had enough of PETA and I quite like when people speak out against them. They haven’t done anything ground breaking in ages.

11. Tifanny says:

On a personal personal perspective, fashion is the most intervening trend anyone has ever had.