April 6th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Mail Bombs, Plus Sized

Happy Friday!
This week has been pretty easy–it’s lovely settling into spring and planning summer vacations! I’m about to check out travel deals, but before, let’s take a crack at some Mail Bombs!
First up Sareena writes, “ Ms. Obama looked so dern cute in this outfit at the Nickelodeon Kid’s choice awards. Sometimes I forget she’s has the conservative title of being a First Lady when she dresses so gorgeously trendy. Who is she wearing?”

” Or can you show items of a cheaper caliber for the diva on a budget? Thanks!”

As we indicated in our Weekend Hot or Hmm post, our fabulous first lady paired coated jeans with a Metallic Tunic from Wes Gordon’s Spring 2012 line:

Finding a dupe of something so distinctive is difficult, though you can mimic the look by pairing a shimmery metallic sequined jacket with coated jeans and pointed heels. Get the look here:

Gigi saw pictures of Keri Hilson out and about in NYC and needed info on her shoes!

She wrote, “Who makes them, I need them!?!?”
Keri (like Ciara, Brandy, Cassie, etc), stepped out in a pair of haute Giuseppe Zanotti platform sneakers:

Her kicks are unfortunately sold out, but you can peruse current styles at www.giuseppezanottidesign.com.

Latoya says, “What are your thoughts on the long maxi skirts that Kim K and Keisha Knight Pulliam were wearing?”

“… Where can I find the look for less?”

I love ‘em! Get a look for less with these:

Da Prince says, “Hopefully you can help me out. I’ve been looking everywhere but can not find the brand name of these cargo’s Usher continues to rock.”

“Please tell me you know the make.”

Unfortunately we don’t, but you can find similar pants virtually anywhere! Get a similar look with these:

In a wardrobe query, Jessica says, “I’m going to a friends wedding in Miami and I’m looking for a dress similar to this (but for less since I’m dishing so much on the flight).”

While that BCBG dress rings in at $298, this Calvin Klein number has a similar color and silhouette for $150:

It’s not a steal, but you save 50%. Get it here. If you’re dead set on a high slit, this Adrianna Papell Grecian Gown has one, and is a super steal at $62:

If that works, get it from Dillards.

Cherisse asks, “Wanting some suggestions on plus sized trendy blazers.”

Fashion Bombshell Marlene from NYC

“Currently, I’ve found nothing but old church lady, linebacker shoulder pad type styles. Any suggestions?”

Sure! Get colorful, trendy plus sized blazers here:

Also, be sure to check out a few of our readers fave plus sized stores in this post for more. I personally really like this $107 ASOS CURVE Exclusive Blazer In Turquoise:

This $50 Exceptionnelle Jacket in Coral from Igigi:

And this $98 contrasting roll sleeve jacket from Eloquii (it comes in both blue and green!)

Eloquii is also #winning with this $138 top stitch pink blazer:

See more of their selection here. And if you guys have other recommendations, leave a comment!

And finally, we’re ending today’s Mail Bombs with a few unsolved mysteries. But first a Public Service Announcement.

This Stella McCartney polka dot mesh panel catsuit worn by Rosa Acosta, Lil Kim, etc is sold out.

There is nowhere to buy it. There is no look for less. There is nothing like it. That’s how it is sometimes with super distinct, high end runway pieces. After the season has passed, it’s done. Your best bet in these situations is to either patrol Ebay or get a talented dressmaker/designer/tailor to make one for you.
Moving along…

Donna wrote, “I’m loving this bag that J Hud was spotted carrying this past week…”

“…Any ideas where this is from would be greatly appreciated.”
We searched and searched…nada. Leave a comment if you know!

Gina says, “Since Monday’s post featuring Solange in a beautiful printed ensemble, I have waited patiently for Fasionbombdaily.com to reveal the designer of the pants.”

” Have you guys had any luck?”
Nope! We were only able to uncover her Proenza top. If you have the deets on her pants, let us know!

A lot of you were interested in Regina Hall’s dress from the Think Like a Man Atlanta Premiere:

And lastly, we received a record number of Mail Bombs for a skin tight dress Nicki Minaj wore on 106 & Park…

(Is that a recent picture…? Looks old.). At any rate, have at it.
It’s a beautiful day.
Enjoy it. Stay tuned for more F Bomb fab.
Smootches!

25 Responses to “Mail Bombs: First Lady Michelle Obama’s Kid’s Choice Awards Wes Gordon Spring 2012 Metallic Houndstooth Jacket, Keri Hilson’s Giuseppe Zanotti Wedge Sneakers, and Bright Trendy Blazers for the Plus Sized Set!”

1. Death to J. Hud’s wig! What’s up with that? It looks like her bag could be DVF, but I’m sure Claire would have found it, if it were…Regina’s dress is too cute. Loves Keri’s wedges. No to the Nicki Minaj blinds dress.

2. Kitty B. says:

@Claire the picture of Nicki is almost a year old, that back when she was promoting Pink friday (1st album) but a serious question is that even a dress?!?! O_o Some of these mail bombs i swear lol

I’m actually more curious about her leggings than the dress, butt hats just me….

and also @Jessica I think the dress from Dillards is waaay cuter than the other 2…and its the cheapest…win win!!

3. Tasha says:

The sarcasm on this site is so uncalled for sometimes…..

4. Dom says:

@ Tasha

It’s better than being insulting. Some of these mail bombs would only get one emailed response and no post : “why do you want to dress like a prostitute? ”

I’ll take the sarcasm.

5. Tasha says:

@Dom…Simple ….just dont say or post anything at all….there is no need to post every request received…especially if it doesn’t go with the overall theme of the site…obviously the FashionBomb website is dedicated to promoting quality and sophisticated womens/mens attire… …simply respond to the inquirer directly…no need to post and be sarcastic….

6. AB says:

Looks like Nicki is wearing lingerie — specifically a Bordelle Angela Strap Dress With Structured Cups.

7. Dom says:

I agree with you to a certain point. But from the tone of one of the responses Claire gave above, seems like people don’t understand when she’s unable to find a product, hence the public service announcement.

8. Brittany L. says:

I’m always intrigued at whether or not people really are purchasing these items they inquire about in these Mail Bombs or if they really just wanted to know where the items came from. I’m leaning toward people just wanting the details because the majority of these items are expensive and out of the average person’s purchase power.

9. Brittany L. says:

@Tasha, what are you talking about?! I think the sarcasm could be turned up a few notches! LOL

10. FashionBoys says:

Youuu betta Weerk @Michele Obama, Lol Iv’e never seen her look so youthful ?

Anyway doh’, Jennifer, tht wig honey guurlah is a No
    and Nicki Booskie, tht picture is old, and tht dress should be seen no where else but on a street walker

11. p says:

the first lady always looks so fab!

12. Sandra says:

We all know that many of these celebrities get clothes send to them by designers while you are out maxing out your credit card (s) or sweating for your pay check.

Love the FB but some of these requests are getting out of hands. I guess if you like trashy outfits do you. I rather stick to the most sophisticate attire for women.

13. TRUTH says:

J Huds bag is the Diane von Furstenberg Stephanoe Hobo and ShopBop sells them

14. Brenda says:

Claire, I am one of your long time readers (I actually met you in LA several years ago) and I love when you solve mail bombs. I like your high end and budget picks. I need info on Keri’s bag. Keep doing what your doing. I get a thrill seeing where this blog has taken you.

15. krystel says:

I lover ba good blazer

16. Pauline says:

omigosh..I searched high & low for the stella m jumpsuit or a replica the other day when you said you could use a mail bomb intern..I couldn’t find anything either.

17. I think what the lady requested was a dupe if the yellow Rag and Bone tuxedo style blazer. Dont think you will find a plus size yellow. If so, it will probably be pricey.

18. makeeasweet says:

some people can actually afford to buy the things that they ask about.im pretty sure most of the women that visit this site are women of color,believe it or not some can afford to buy expensive items without breaking their bank accounts or maxing out a credit card.i do like the fact claire show low and high items.

19. They have a dress similar to what Nicki is wearing in Patricia Field

20. B. says:

Is it even fair to be as beautiful as Michelle Obama? Wow, she is so amazing!

21. jillibooboo says:

People sleep on Regina Hall…she real pretty.

22. Kitana says:

Michelle is so classy. I would so rock that outfit, her body is sick…

23. mia says:

i think what Nicki is wearing is actually lingerie,im pretty sure ive seen khloe kadashian try it on in one of the episodes of her show….the one when Lamar is coming and kourtney gives her a wax lol, and the picture is quite old…

24. Glamourotti says:

Jennifer Hudson’s bag is by Catherine Malandrino and it’s called the Presley Bag. It came in a deep navy color, tan (J-Hud’s selection) & black as seen in the link i’m including.