• King Bey is giving her “Beyhive” an exclusive glimpse at her private life with hubby Jay-Z.
The singer is set to launch a tumblr today, which will feature over 150 never before-seen photos from the couple’s private collection. Today also marks Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s four year wedding anniversary, which I will celebrate privately with friends. (The YBF)
• Taraji P. Henson covers two separate versions of Essence Magazine’s May issue. The Think Like A Man actress poses for a solo shot, and shares her second cover with co-stars Michael Ealy (yum) and Kevin Hart. (The YBF)
• The UK’s Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has proclaimed American Apparel‘s Ads too racy for British eyes. Eight of the brand’s ads have ben banned, all of which appeared on the American Apparel website, featuring their usual fare: young women wearing little clothing, in compromising positions. American Apparel, of course, doesn’t think this ruling is fair. They say the offending images “were less and certainly no more sexual in nature than a large proportion of images of other companies.” Maybe, I don’t know, American Apparel should stop producing campaigns so “sexual in nature” to avoid issues like these? But what do I know? I’m only a consumer turned off by the gratuitous nudity in their ads. (WWD)
• Burberry is launching a new eyewear campaign, featuring four new British music talents: One Night Only, Marika Hackman, Life in Film, and The Daydream Club. In addition to appearing in the ads, the artists will perform in New York City, and participate in a press tour around the world.
• Karl Lagerfeld allegedly sent Adele a couple Chanel handbags to apologize for the offensive comments he made back in February, calling the singer “a bit fat.” The designer quickly backpedaled on his comments, saying that he is her “biggest admirer”. A source told The Sun that Lagerfeld’s personal love for the singer is at the root of this profuse apology, and he “really wanted to make it up to her so they could maybe work together in the future. He could see her fronting a campaign for Chanel Mademoiselle bags when the contract with Blake Lively ends.” Nothing says “I’m sorry” better than a few handbags and multi-million dollar campaign! (The Cut)
39 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Beyoncé Launches a Tumblr, Taraji P. Henson, Michael Ealy, and Kevin Hart Cover Essence’s May 2012 Issue, and Burberry’s Spring/Summer 2012 Eyewear Collection”
Leave a Reply
Fashion Bomb TV
Popular Posts This Week
Cheap shopping online for more fashion and beauty products