April 4th, 2012
Beyonce, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

King Bey is giving her “Beyhive” an exclusive glimpse at her private life with hubby Jay-Z.

The singer is set to launch a tumblr today, which will feature over 150 never before-seen photos from the couple’s private collection. Today also marks Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s four year wedding anniversary, which I will celebrate privately with friends. (The YBF)

Taraji P. Henson covers two separate versions of Essence Magazine’s May issue. The Think Like A Man actress poses for a solo shot, and shares her second cover with co-stars Michael Ealy (yum) and Kevin Hart. (The YBF)

• The UK’s Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has proclaimed American Apparel‘s Ads too racy for British eyes. Eight of the brand’s ads have ben banned, all of which appeared on the American Apparel website, featuring their usual fare: young women wearing little clothing, in compromising positions. American Apparel, of course, doesn’t think this ruling is fair. They say the offending images “were less and certainly no more sexual in nature than a large proportion of images of other companies.” Maybe, I don’t know, American Apparel should stop producing campaigns so “sexual in nature” to avoid issues like these? But what do I know? I’m only a consumer turned off by the gratuitous nudity in their ads. (WWD)

The Daydream Club for Burberry

Burberry is launching a new eyewear campaign, featuring four new British music talents: One Night Only, Marika Hackman, Life in Film, and The Daydream Club. In addition to appearing in the ads, the artists will perform in New York City, and participate in a press tour around the world.

Karl Lagerfeld allegedly sent Adele a couple Chanel handbags to apologize for the offensive comments he made back in February, calling the singer “a bit fat.” The designer quickly backpedaled on his comments, saying that he is her “biggest admirer”. A source told The Sun that Lagerfeld’s personal love for the singer is at the root of this profuse apology, and he “really wanted to make it up to her so they could maybe work together in the future. He could see her fronting a campaign for Chanel Mademoiselle bags when the contract with Blake Lively ends.” Nothing says “I’m sorry” better than a few handbags and multi-million dollar campaign! (The Cut)

~Jihan

39 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Beyoncé Launches a Tumblr, Taraji P. Henson, Michael Ealy, and Kevin Hart Cover Essence’s May 2012 Issue, and Burberry’s Spring/Summer 2012 Eyewear Collection”

1. Apple says:

I would love to know if Adele accepted the bags.

2. Nicki says:

What makes American Apparel think we want to see Steffi’s simulataneously saggy yet skinny ass? Show us clothes! I want to see outfits styled to death so that I would be more inclined to buy. Women want fashion!

3. Dom says:

Um, Jihan are you really celebrating Bey and Jay’s anniversary privately with friends, or was that a typo?

4. Jihan says:

No, that was not a typo. :)

5. Alyssa says:

@Jihan I’m assuming you were being sarcastic. lol

6. cmon says:

@Jihan, I will be celebrating as well by putting on my highest heel and dancing to her songs. Enjoy!

American Apparel ads are “sawft pawn”…if you get my drift. The pictures on the company website are just ridiculous. Advertising pants but the girl has on NO top and NO bra. Terrible.

7. Dom says:

Um, okay. You’ve take the term “superfan” to a new level LOL

8. Jennifer says:

Dom, I hope the joke was not lost on you. :\

Loves Taraji, and the promo I’ve heard the cast doing makes me eager to go see the movie!

Umm…I would LOVE for Karl Lagerfeld to call me a bit fat and then send me free Chanel and offer me an advertising campaign!

9. Ann says:

LoL @ Jihan I love your posts!

10. Tawanda says:

Um has no one commented on the fact that Beyonce has a tumblr?!?!?
    #idie!

11. The Antifash says:

LOL! Cracking up… Sarcasm is so wonderful lol. What’s that tumblr code tho Jihan?

I want to hear Adele’s response to Karl’s gracious apology gifts. The both of them are quite entertaining.

12. Diva says:

take those chanel bags from that fossil…. he’s over-rated anyway !

13. Jihan says:

@TheAntifash, I’m thinking it’s launching later today… maybe 4:00?????? They’re big into that number. And it is their anniversary.

14. Dom says:

I clearly take things way too literally for this site : )

15. CC says:

i lol’d at the beyonce comments, too funny

16. lola says:

DEAD @ Nicki. I cannot, will not, shall not.

17. T1K says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE Michael Ealy!!! Where can I get him, or something similar Fashion Bomb Daily?

18. katie says:

Beyonce is launching a tumblr? Okayyy O_o Does Rhianna have a tumblr? I’d follow that.

And I’ve also stop fololowing Essence. I swear, it really seems like Essence is even for Black women imo.

19. FashionBoys says:

Sooo I shall be prepared for a wave of edits, photosets, and gif’s of beyonce and jays images on tumblr…as for American apparel, I would be offended as well, if I had to look at such an unappealing and flat A$$, & Karl can do no wrong…

20. mahoganyb says:

4.4.12- 4th anniversary. album 4. clever.

if uncle karl was really sorry he would design a plus size clothing line.
    over the years he has said many hurtful things about women who are bigger than a sample size. i would be ashamed to carry that brand. if adele does receive those bags she should sell them and give the money to plus size designers!

22. Dee says:

Karl can apologize to me any day. Lol!

23. Drea says:

the beyonce tumblr is not working…:(

24. ninjo says:

Karl, you can call me morbidly obese if it means you’ll be showering me with Chanel bags. #NoShame

25. I can’t wait to see the pics on Bey’s tumbler. Taraji and the guys look great. That flabby butt is gross. Karl can take those bags and send them to me after Adele tells him to shove it!

26. Michelle says:

though this was a fashion blog and not a celebrity gossip site, I mean was it necessary to mention Beyonce’s tumbler debut or whatever. Fashionbomb is reaally obsessed with this girl.

27. y says:

cant make everyone happy.

28. Kishonda says:

Taraji looks great on the covers!

29. lv says:

How dare Karl call someone fat when he, himself, was obese?

30. Grace says:

@katie, why would you want to follow Riri on tumblr? For all of her “racy” photos where she’s giving us the finger, smoking, and looking wildly cliche? Just asking…

31. nicole says:

ok so its after 4 and we still cant gain access!!..whats the deal-i-o!!!

32. Tessa B says:

I do heart BEY but these 4′s r getting a bit creepy to me..lol

33. katie says:

@Grace
    Because RihRih actually looks like she’s having fun in many of her pics. I swear, to me there is nothing interesting about Beyonce. Not her style, her songs, her personality. Nothing (to me at least). I’ve tried to see some sort of spark, but to me, Beyonce is just dead/robotic/plastic. Again, all my opinion.

34. mesa says:

@katie there’s a difference from having personality to being a straight attention whore rihanna is an attention whore, imo.

35. katie says:

@mesa I honestly don’t think Rhianna is, Beyonce in my opinion is though, with announcing her pregnancy at an award show and everything. But I digress.

36. candylicker says:

I dont even shop AP because the wedsite is not SFW. The pic of that girls flat azz is terrible.

37. Missus says:

@Katie: i agree with u.
    However,U won’t win a Beyonce fight on here….just let it “bey”(so punny)!

38. Jesse says:

Does she have a professional photographer follow her around all the time, alot of the pictres looked possey, don’t get me wrong they were all beautiful, they just seem staged. Looking at the pics, I think it’s safe to say Beyonce nose job are true too!

39. Moyo says:

Karl always offends someone…whats new? Rihanna already tweets every second of her life and uploads 2 to 3 (tasteless) pics each day. I prefer to see some Beyonce pics simply because she’s so closed off and you rarely see any intimate pics of her. JMO