April 4th, 2012
Spring Wardrobe, Style Inspiration, Wedding, What to Wear
Style Inspiration: What to Wear to an Evening Wedding

Bre writes, “My cousin is getting married next month in Austin, Texas and I have no idea what to wear. The wedding is outdoors and after five. Please Help! He has some really hot frat brothers so I definitely want to look my best, lol.”
As we said in our vintage post What to Wear to Any Wedding, Anywhere, you can never go wrong with a flirty dress. Something simple and to the point in a bold color will always do the trick. I’d probably wear the same thing to an evening wedding as a would to a day wedding–a cocktail dress.

Why not try an on trend tangerine number uplifted by color blocked sandals?

Get the look for less here:

If you want to go for more elegant (or shield your legs from bugs in the Austin heat), this Sass & Bide Over the Top two-piece silk maxi dress would be alluring if paired with a wedge heel:

Finish the look with an oversized clutch, dainty earrings, and minimal makeup:

Get the look for less with these:

Hope that works!
And if not, stay tuned for a post on 100+ dresses to wear to a spring/summer wedding!
Smootches!

11 Responses to “Style Inspiration: What to Wear to an Evening Wedding”

1. Fieldsofdreamz says:

I love both!!!

2. krystel says:

Great ideas Claire

3. Dom says:

Claire, why are you trying to kill me? Those Casadei wedges have just given me a heart attack!

4. Jennifer says:

GEEZUS! Those Casadei wedges are a PROBLEM!

5. andie says:

These outfits are nice! I need to save my pennies I want no NEED those Casadei wedges!!!

6. I Figured it Out says:

The ‘looks for less’ NEVER look as good as the styled LOOK. And the LOOK is never cheap. lol. Huge Sigh

7. Style says:

The Lyton clutch is awesome. Love the color.

8. binks says:

Love! That first outfit screams WERK!! lol sorry i know all eyes are suppose to be on the bride but if you wore these options all eyes “especially the single frat brothers” will be on you!

LOVE the Maxi dress and the Casadel wedges! ahhhh I wish I could afford them/wish the “look for less” was more similar. nonetheless, great picks!

10. Sue says:

So Friday evening wedding but I am 62 the question long or short need suggestions