/* analytics code */
• Here is the first-ever television commercial for Rocawear, starring none other than Jay-Z.
In the spot, the rapper briefly discusses his journey from rags to riches, saying at first his goal was to have “one gold album and that was it.” (Styleite)
• Marc Jacobs is expanding his brand and diving into cosmetics. The designer confirmed that he is in the early stages of developing a makeup line with Sephora. Jacobs told WWD; “I see makeup, fragrance — everything, really — as an opportunity. The idea of choosing a color for your lip, or an eyeliner — it’s just such a delight. The ritual of waking up and making those choices is something people really enjoy. We currently are working on defining what Marc Jacobs cosmetics will be, what they’ll say, what makes them distinctive. I think that will take some time, but the first meeting was good.” Jacobs didn’t identify a particular launch date for his cosmetics range, but we’ll be sure to keep you updated. (WWD)
• Model mum Jourdan Dunn is allegedly dating UK The Voice host Reggie Yates. In a recent interview with a British tabloid, Yates said he was seeing someone, but kept rather tight-lipped about the identity of the mystery lady: “Up until this point I haven’t openly spoken about who I date. I’m single but I’m definitely dating at the moment.‘I’m having fun but there’s definitely one person who I’m spending a fair amount of time with. I met the girl I’m dating two years ago. We were texting for a little bit and now we are dating.” But a source close to Yates said: ‘They [Reggie and Jourdan] have been together for months but Reggie is not someone who wants to use his relationship to boost his career.” (Daily Mail)
• Sarah Burton said that she kept the designing of Duchess Kate Middleton‘s now-iconic wedding gown so hush-hush, that several members of her staff didn’t even know she was making the dress. Now, the designer is telling Grazia that she used the Alexander McQueen Fall 2011 collection as a way to help keep the frock a secret. If you remember, Burton presented a bevy of white dresses during the show’s finale. Well, it turns out she chose white so her staff would think the gown was a part of the collection. My, Ms. Burton, you are quite crafty! (Grazia)
• Check out this year’s Nike Sportswear x Liberty summer collection, which features classic Nike sneakers covered in girly Liberty prints. I rarely (read: never) wear sneakers once the weather goes above 60 degrees, but these Nike dunk wedges are really causing me to rethink that! The first part of the collection is available now, but the second part, the one with these fab wedges, won’t be out until May. We’ll let you know when it drops! (Nitro:licious)
• Watch the trailer for Whitney Houston‘s final film, Sparkle. It looks like she put on a fabulous performance. (Just Jared)