April 2nd, 2012
Beauty, Fashion, Hot or Hmm
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Happy Monday!!!

What did you guys do all weekend?

The Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards hit on Saturday. Not even gonna lie—I totally still watch Nickelodeon though I’m *ahem* slightly over teen-aged. Shoot—the programming is really good…lol.

Anyway, let’s get into this…

Will Smith hosted the festivities over at the KCAs. See, men have that unfair thing where they tend to look more handsome as they age (P.S. it’s totally because the constant exfoliation from shaving that keeps them looking younger than us), but Will looks like he may or may not need a glycolic peel and a latte. Totally not feeling the outfit—you can exude youthfulness without looking like an overgrown kid. Will’s over there looking like a forgotten artist who then shows up on TV One’s “Life After.”

And Cee-Lo, your arms are too short to box with God.

Of course the rest of the Smith clan was in the building. Jada looks gooood—giving us Lena from “A Different World” realness. That pink jumpsuit is the perfect color for her golden complexion. Willow looks ADORBS in her cotton candy hair (awww—she matches her mommy’s outfit), but uh, Jaden…what IS good with this sour puss look in every photo? (I’m cracking up because one of you guys commented on a post a few weeks ago telling me to google Jaden and I’ll see he always makes this face…lol). Look here little boy, you may have slayed “The Karate Kid“, but you better wipe that silly look off your face. You ain’t Zoolander!

I mean, does it even make sense to Hot! or Hmm… a Nicki Minaj outfit any more? We know she’s going to wear something over the top to match her equally up there personality so do we need to discuss? *shrugs* Nice makeup though—but her makeup always looks nice…lol.

“The Hunger Games” star Amandla Steinberg showed up looking completely sweet and angelic seemingly telling racist Hunger Games fans who clearly have reading comprehension problems that their rants won’t stop no show. I adored her in “Colombiana” and even more as Rue (wasn’t she totally born to play Rue?).

Loving that the teen sported an age-appropriate yet funky little black dress with gold applique. And I think my heart just skipped another beat at the fact that she’s wearing flats. LOVE. THIS. GIRL.

First Lady Michelle Obama also attended looking ravishingly beautiful. Sometimes I still get a little teary eyed that we have a Black family in the White House even after all this time.

She rocked this dressed-down yet still presidential houndstooth Wes Gordon Metallic Houndstooth Mesh Embroidered Jacket and gunmetal skinny jean outfit.

Actress Tanya Chisholm looked hot in side-swept curls and a red lip…

…but I have to admit I frowned at both the wrinkled bottom of her dress and those peep toe pumps. I like grey with a pop of cobalt blue, but those shoes look a little…*sigh* cheap. Sowwy. Still a hot chick though.

I LOVE Selena Gomez‘s outfit…if it were on say 40-year-old Sarah Jessica Parker as Carrie Bradshaw. Such a pretty girl, but hints of cleavage and midriff at a Nickelodeon event? Meh. Maybe I’m just REALLY old school.

This little Rachel Crow sure loves to smile, doesn’t she? The cute as a button soon-to-be TV star wore the ubiquitous teen on the red carpet tutu and motorcycle jacket look—but it works for her. I LIVE for her little side swept pouf of curls.

So good to see Nick Cannon healthy and out and about. He’s rocking a youthful, on-the-verge of being teeny-bopper look, sure, but it works on him.

Ludacris hit the orange carpet with his favorite girls. I just want to run in and pinch everyone’s cheeks in this pic (okay and borrow their sneakers). Can you imagine being that young and going to such a big event with your own dad? Awww…

I’m on the fence with whether or not I think Keke Palmer‘s mesh top with peek-a-boo pink tank outfit is appropriate for the occasion. Nothing’s hanging out, she still looks like the sweetie pie she is, but I don’t know…you guys weigh in. I do love her hair and makeup though.

Don’t you want to take little China Anne McClain and put her on top of a cake? She’s like a little fairy, isn’t she? Her tan leather blazer and white jeans look is pretty stylish—in fact, I’d wear it…lol.

Then over in Vegas…

Ne-Yo hit Michael Jordan’s event at Aria. The singer looks dapper from head to toe! I bet that hat is from his own line at Sak’s.

Rapper Tyga hit Lavo over the weekend. Something about guys with neck tattoos intrigues me—like how did you sit long enough to have such an intricate design inked on such a thin part of your body? Nonetheless, I dig his get-up minus the tattered jeans.

And finally, former Destiny’s Child members LeToya Luckett and Michelle Williams attended the 6th Annual Minority Mentorship Symposium in Texas. Can’t even begin to articulate how good it is to see both of these ladies together, looking FLY, AND it’s all for a good cause. HOT!

That rounds it out, folks! What do you think of this weekend’s round up?

~Danielle

43 Responses to “Weekend Hot! or Hmm…: The 2012 Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards, Michelle Williams, LeToya Luckett, and More!”

1. Msyenckopowa says:

Yay Danielle! I know how you feel, I’m still a sucker for the Nick awards! I honestly think Keke Palmer stays tasteful and age appropriate. I mean she is getting older, so I think she does a good job with finding that balance. Also, Nicki is….**whoosa** that chile needs to stop trying so hard. It’s getting overdone and redundant. By the way….Cee-Lo’s arms being too small….I’m done! Lmbo

2. Lansky says:

I want those shoes from Aldo!!! Keke Palmer & Rachel Crow have!! Beautifuls

3. Jada is a hot mess, shes like Laquita who hit the lottery. Kind of like BAPS.do you guys remember BAPS with Halle BERRY. THAT’S WHO Jada reminds me. I love Willow but when she fruits grows up she is going to say mom what were you thinking.

4. Mimi says:

Nicki almost made me curse. I have no more patience for her.

Chinas head looks huge in this pic,lol,gosh lee!

6. taffie says:

The kids should have loved Nicki’s outfit. i realy love to see kids happy so i will give her a pass on this one. She did great.

7. Siyam says:

Your comment for Ceelo #toomuch and I was definitely laughing super hard. I love China’s outfit and think Keke is staying within her age group. I mean she is growing up and thankfully she’s doing so at a decent pace :) Jaden really does make that face… Maybe he’s going for that subdued sexy look

8. lola a. says:

I have a tween and he can be smiling and as soon as he see’s a camera he mean mugs smh and now I see all the girls doing that pouty lip thing grrrrrrr smile jaden!!! I love Jada she can do no wrong in m eyes she is my big sister in my head! And my 1st lady did the darn thing I adore her she is such a beautiful woman everyone looked nice sans nikki but I expected nothing less of her than to look a mess!

9. Eymi says:

in real life who dresses like Nicki…? if anybody knows someone like that introduce him/her to me pleeease…!!!

10. cece says:

I love Keke’s skirt by Katy Rodriguez, im obsessed with that designers skirt

11. makeeasweet says:

it was little mean making fun of ceelo arms,but i admit it did make me laugh out loud.sometimes i think ladies on fashion bomb can be a little prude when it come to the younger ladies.i dont even know why you had to question keke outfit at all,at 18 years old your allowed to show some legs,arms and tiny bit cleavage.i dont think 19 year old selena outfit is inapporiate at all for the event,again that prudishness popping up.

12. itsjustme says:

FLOTUS is looking hot!

13. mary says:

ok FLOTUS looks just great but she does not wrong EVER in my book!! im gonna pass on the smith family cuz i think they all look a damn mess (lol at the zoolander comment) Nicki looks a pitch fool as usual, i dont know who the rest of these children are but Rue is a doll and the little chubby lightskin girl is a doll too. LOVE IT!

14. mary says:

OH YES and the beyonce show cast aways lookin fab too. go miss michelle and make that money toya, theres life after beyonce!

15. Nubiahbella says:

I have never seen FLOTUS in pants , lol!

She looks damn good and in a such a good shape.

16. Apple says:

I’m sure luda brought his daughter and neice to promote Karma’s website. What better way would he have to reach millions of kids and have them go to his daughter’s website?

17. Over it says:

Jada and the kids look FRESH to DEF! I would give it to Will all day and nite…Sorry Jada… :)

18. ninjo says:

LMAOOOO! “…your arms are too short to box with God.” Call an ambulance… I’m dying!

19. My Response says:

NICKI LOOKS LIKE A DAMN FOOL!!!!!!! make it stop

20. Crystal says:

First Lady’s swag is on full! Keke Palmer looks nice but the pink tank is a little low cut for my taste. IJS. LeToya Luckett is so so pretty to me. Jada Jada Jada…you can take the girl out of the ghetto….

21. Dash! says:

China is adorable. I wish at 11 I had as much style as Willow or that my parents would ever let me be as creative with my style like her.

22. Vanessa says:

I have to say aside from Nicki Minaj, Will Smith & Co…I think everyone look absolutely fantastic. This wekened was never an inspirational weekend.

23. The FLOTUS shut it all the way DOWN. I think KeKe looks cute, though a black tank would have been better. No Jada didn’t shave the side of her head…

24. Amber says:

LOL – I agree with all of Danielle’s comments. And China’s head does look huge in that picture! I am hoping that its just the camera angle..if not, I feel sorry for her mama!

25. Danielle says:

@makeasweet Am I being a prude for questioning if an outfit worn by an 18/19 year old at an awards show whose primary audience are children is appropriate? If this were the “18+ Choice Awards” fine, but it’s the Kids Choice Awards. Even seasoned actors and personalities tone their style down for it.

26. Tricia says:

The whole Smith clan looks a mess. Jaden’s blue steel expression should have it’s own twitter account, like Angelina’s right leg.

FLOTUS should wear skinny jeans more often…she looks great!

Ludacris is delicious.

27. Nickie says:

The same thing crossed my mind as I saw Cee Lo’s pic…LOL. Amandla is too cute…Mrs Obama looks HAWT! She is rocking those jeans…GREAT!

28. ladyshawann says:

Our Flotus is rocking it!

29. Jennifer says:

DEAD at the Cee-Lo commentary.
    Amandla & China are soo cute! I love them.
    Keke does NO wrong in this direction. Though I don’t like the pink, it’s still WAY more appropriate than a bra (or nothing, Rihanna).
    & I love Ne-Yo and his chapeau line.

30. shelly says:

So I totally had to google FLOTUS, lol, but she does look good. Just not crazy about the lip liner and the wet looking eyebrows. But she still is gorgeous.

I too am borderline about Keke and Selena’s outfits (more Selena’s) because there are young children there. They are a little to peak-a-boo ish for a kids awards. But I am IN LOVEEEEEEE with Keke’s hair, like OMG, lol.

And last but not least, the former members of Destiny’s Child look gorgeous as well…especially Michelle, who is usually hit or miss for me. And yes, there IS life after Beyonce, lol. I’m glad someone else noticed, hehe.

31. Sandra says:

Selena wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32. BrittanyZ says:

Nicki is starting to get on my nerves

33. solo says:

Fits lady looks hip and cool loving it! Love the little girl in the orange blazer look.

34. Diva says:

Mrs. Obama is so fly !

35. binks says:

LOL…at this commentary but why you got to mess with Cee-lo though he can’t help that he would have been the perfect fit for the dwarf character in the Lord of the Rings :( Michelle O and Jada are working it! Aww for the most part the kiddies are looking cute. But Jaden needs to smile it isn’t that serious boo. I disagree with you on Selena though, I think her outfit is age appropriate for her, if Sarah Jessica Parker wore it, it would look desperate for a 40+ old. But I do think she should have wore it to another event say an MTV award or something

36. My Response says:

omg there’s a book called “Your Arms Too Short to Box With God”? I can’t with fashionbomb and the Ce Loo shade…..lmao

37. Brenda says:

Love China’s look. Info on shoes China Anne McClain is wearing…

38. Calista says:

“and Cee-lo your arms are too short to box with God”?????? Chile youre wild!!!!!!!!! Lmfao!

39. Kahalia says:

Danielle is back with the Cee-Lo comment. Done.

40. Sharon says:

@cee-lo comment- so funny yet so mean. Yes you have to dress like grown men please!! Keke looks cute. amandla adorable x2,

41. michezulu says:

Michelle looked very chic and sexy. Go first lady.

42. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

Yo, I want China’s outfit! And I was floored by the 1st Lady’s outfit! I’ve never seen her in skinny jeans, I know Barack’s eyes damn near popped outta his head lol! Go head Michelle!

43. deshala says: