April 2nd, 2012
Beyonce, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• An old photo of our beloved King Bey

… graces the cover of Glamour Netherland’s March issue. (Fashion Fiend)

Christian Dior will launch an exhibit at the Museum in Granville on the Normandy coast, celebrating the design house’s long career dressing the stars. ‘Stars in Dior‘ will feature red carpet looks as well as some of Dior’s work in costume design, all in the childhood home of the late designer. So, if you’re in France from May 12 to September 23, pop over to Normandy for a look at some seriously stunning vintage (and modern) Dior pieces. (WWD)

Rita Ora has released a teaser for her new video “R.I.P,” featuring Tinie Tempah. I’m guessing Roc Nation is using only one stylist for all their artists these days. (Global Grind)

• After a Facebook campaign calling for the addition of a bald Barbie, Mattel has given in and will produce a bald version of the iconic doll to help support little girls suffering from cancer. Mattel says the dolls will “be distributed exclusively to children’s hospitals and other hospitals treating children with cancer throughout the U.S. and Canada, directly reaching girls who are most affected by hair loss.”  The dolls will come with a selection of scarves, assorted fashion accessories, and wigs. (Jezebel)

H&M has registered the name of its much talked-about upcoming label. The new chain the Swedish brand is set to establish will be called “& Other Stories,” which sounds more like the name of a seaside boutique in Maine than anything else. (Telegraph)

~Jihan

23 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Beyoncé Covers Glamour Netherlands, Rita Ora and Tinie Tempah’s “R.I.P” Video Teaser, and Mattel to Produce a Bald Barbie”

1. Dobe says:

I love that the new Barbie… great idea!

2. Dobe says:

the new Barbie*

3. taffie says:

King Bey????

4. Diggs says:

Bey looks cute and pregnant in that pic. Jury is out on Rita Ora…I’m not convinced I need to pay attention to her on any level yet. Pretty girl though. Truly dislike the new store name, but if the clothes are great, who really cares AND I LOVE THAT BARBIE!!! I want to get one for my future mother-in-law who is a cancer survivor.

5. Jennifer says:

@taffie – yes, King.

YAY for bald Barbie! She looks as if she could also be at the beginning of her healthy hair journey (:

6. Nakia P says:

Love the new barbie.

7. Cynthia says:

I love Rita’s voice. I watched the behind the scenes making of this video and there is part where she sings and it is soo beautiful. I love King Bey (and yes, for those of you who are puzzled, she is KING), but I am dying to see NEW shoots. Come on back, Bey, and demolish the scene!

8. mary says:

HORAAY FOR BALD BARBIE . and that a no on rita ora

9. Kitty B. says:

I absolutely love the Barbie idea…and i saw too much of Rihanna in the video tease!

10. andie says:

I like Rita can’t wait to see how she fairs in the industry. I thought this Barbie already existed hmm. Forget the new H&M can we get one in AL sheesh!

11. Vanessa says:

I definitely cosign with Mattel

12. SAW says:

Rhianna JR… Okay Rita!

13. Kishonda says:

Beyonce looks so cute on the cover.

14. Utibe A. says:

Maybe because Rihanna came out first or is just more popular, but Rita seems to be just another Rihanna to me. Just my opinion. The teaser didn’t “tease” me, so I definitely will not be tuning in/keeping up/etc. lol

15. clicky_heels says:

y are roc nation chitting on rita before she has even begun? She literally looks like rihanna did … 2 weeks ago. Thats not how to stay fresh on the music scene…..cmon gurl.

16. detroitkat says:

Bratz produced their bald dolls like a month or two ago. I thought it was a Those little girls want to be able to identify with their toys too! Good for them.

17. mesa says:

Rita had this look way before rihanna idk why people keep acting like she swagger jacked rihanna, she’s been blonde for years. Rihannq just died her hair that color. Smh. She’s always dressed like how she dresses she’s from the london. If anything I think rihanna got some inspiration from her. And I like rita also! I love her voice and she can actually sing.

18. Dani says:

loving the new barbie!!! ^__^ Bey looks cute & Rita WHO?! smh… #illPass

19. The bald Barbie is cute, but it’s unsettling that Mattel had to be convinced to do it rather than coming up with it on their own.

20. Miss Smith says:

@andie. An H&M is set to open up in Huntsville!

21. krystel says:

love H&M wish they had an online store.

22. candylicker says:

Why is Bey in any type of fashion nag, her style is wack!

23. katie says:

King Bey? Bey needs to stop stealing names from her husband’s side pieces. lol

I love the bald Mattel doll. Great idea.