• On the heels of rumors suggesting the brand will produce a high-end label, H&M has announced plans to launch a new chain of retail stores next spring.
CEO Karl-Johan Persson says the new stores will be similar to their current COS label, and will “be independent and complement the other offerings from the Group.” Still no word on price points, but folks are guessing this new chain will offer high-end pieces. We’ll just have to wait and see! (Daily Mail)
• Prabal Gurung teamed up with Sally Hansen to create these limited edition nail wraps, inspired of course, by the designer’s Spring 2012 collection. Want ‘em? Hurry! They’re in stores right now, so get them before they sell out! (Beauty High)
• Need impossibly straight locks? Try GHD hair straightener. Their new peacock collection features an assortment of purple, sapphire, and emerald green colors, perfect for spring! Find price and buying details at www.ghdhair.com.
• Dolce & Gabanna is not playing around with Cape Town’s Dolce & Banana gift shop. Shop owner Mijou Beller changed the name to “Banana” to avoid legal fees, but the high-end Italian brand is not giving up. They are requesting that Beller pays Dolce & Gabbana’s legal fees, amounting in a whopping $13,195, which will prove to be a great financial burden to Beller. The shop owner took to twitter, to plea with the design house: “Dear Stefano, please let us be. And visit us in Cape Town. I have always admired your famous sense of humor so present in your brand and in your designs. And although I appreciate that Dolce & Gabbana is a very successful commercial enterprise, I fail to understand why Dolce and Banana is a threat.” (The Cut)
• Is this an April Fool’s trick? Bloomberg is reporting that starting April 1, New York State is re-instate sales tax exemption on shoes and clothing under $110! (Bloomberg)
• Speaking of Italy, Italian design company Acquacalda is releasing these Pic Nic Pants, made for the outdoor eater on the go. The idea is simple: attach a study swath of cloth between the trouser legs. When the wearer sits down in the grass with a plate of food, boom! Instant picnic table! Where was Acquacalda while I was attending college in the American countryside? I could have used those Pic Nic pants during all those weekend outdoor barbecues where I spilled all sorts of grilled food all over myself. (Buzzfeed)
6 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: H&M to Launch New Retail Chain, Dolce & Gabanna pushes Dolce & Banana Lawsuit, and Would You Wear These Pic Nic Pants?”
Leave a Reply
Popular Posts This Week
blog advertising is good for you