March 29th, 2012
Andre Leon Talley, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Bravo is lined up to produce a new fashion reality show starring none other than André Leon Talley. The show is tentaively called Fashion Stories of NYC, and our beloved ALT will mentor four design teams competing in a Project Runway-style competition. Honestly, I’d be content watching ALT sit in front of a green screen, chatting, but this is great news. Will you tune in? (The Cut)

• The trademark dispute between Gucci and Guess has finally made it to federal court. The issue is over a set of accessories Guess designed, which feautred block letter G’s, a diamond pattern, and red and green stripes. Yeah. Sounds a lot like a Gucci bag, right?  Gucci’s people say that Guess knocked off over $200 million in merchandise, with the “clear intent” to make people think what they were buying was “Gucci” (in the Guess store?). It’s taken three years for this case to get to federal court. (WWD)

Victoria Beckham is pleased to see Beyoncé‘s getting her clothes for free wearing her clothes. The designer said, “I was very excited when I saw it online. I screamed, and said, ‘Look, David, look!’ She was one hot mama, for sure.” Meanwhile, I was just screaming because Beyoncé came up on my computer screen. (People StyleWatch)

• A pair of old, possibly wormy silk mules believed to be owned by Marie Antionette have been auctioned off for $57,000. Clearly money well spent. (AFP)

• The Ad for the Kardashian swimwear line is causing a bit of controversy. Fans were upset to see Kourtney and Kim proudly baring their figures, while poor Khloe is stuck rocking a dowdy caftan. Several fans asked “why” Khloe was covered up, but I’m pretty sure even I, who had nothing to do with these ads, could accurately answer that question. (Fashionista)
~Jihan

18 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: André Leon Talley to Star in New Reality Show, Gucci Takes Guess to Court, and Kardashian Swimwear Ad Sparks Controversy”

1. Shanita says:

Jihan you are too much!!! I too had a mild seizure when I saw Bey on my screen. But no, I really didn’t . Great post, silly girl*

2. Tia says:

kim is airbrushed, badly. her body looks like two triangles meeting at the point lol

3. Amani says:

I agree, Tia. I’m glad I am not the only one that noticed how UNNATURAL Kim’s torso looks.

4. mary says:

all these glossy pics are airbrushed to death. have these little girls starving for an impossible shape. anywhoo khloe is covered cuz shes the “fat” one and they are trying to push this damn swinline. it aint no thang but a chicken wang

5. erika0182 says:

I LOVE LOVE ANDRE LEON TALLEY. I can’t wait for his show. Kim is so ridiculously airbrushed its a shame. Her body looks weird. If Khloe wanted to show her stomach she would have. Khloe does what she wants. People get upset over the silliest things

6. The Antifash says:

So I’ve figured out that I live for ALL of Jihan’s posts lol…

I too would be content with just watching ALT sit in from of a green screen and spill t with the girls in a ol naaaaaasty caftan. Yes, Sign me up.

The Guess/Gucci debacle is pure hilarity. I remember in 7th grade my aunt bought me Coach sneakers and everyone was so amazed by my new Gucci sneaks =/ smh

I think the world shifted a bit the moment Bey made her first post Blue appearance.

7. Vanessa says:

LMAO…about the old shoes and why you think Khloe is covered up. I mean really, I’m sure Khloe opted to be covered up anyways. Plus the real issue is that it photoshopped to death!

8. I’d love to see ALT in the reality circuit again, bring it on! Attn: All Kardashian Stans, Khloe isn’t baring her mid-drift because she doesn’t want to, don’t make everything an issue! LOL @$57,000 on those roach stumpers.

9. T1K says:

Well they could have just done the same thing they did to Kim’s waste line to Khloe’s figure.

10. Dom says:

Considering that ALT can do absoultely no wrong in my eyes, yes I will be watching.

Also, thse shoes are justified purchase. Marie Antoinette was an important person in the history of France and the fashion industry.

11. Marsha D says:

I thought ALT was against competition/reality TV??
    Enough with the Kardashian empire…..they all need to be slapped in the mouth for the way they talk to their mother-

12. Tessa B says:

Kim body on this pic looks painful! Wayyyy to much airbrushing…sheesh. And if Khloe was wearing that coverup, they should have at least put her in the middle with the other two outside to make it look somewhat better. It looks off balance or something. Lol SMH. Ad fail.

13. andie says:

That 57000 could’ve had great use in my house! Rich people and their need to throw away money smh.

14. Jihan says:

@TheAntiFash thaaanks!!! :)

15. MEME says:

They have more issue with Khloe being covered than that ridiculous photoshop???.

16. makeeasweet says:

kim photoshop isnt that bad,her body is kinda shape like that.i just saw a regular picture of her at the beach hanging out and her body look just like that.

17. Omgeezy!!! says:

Kim is shaped just like that it’s called liposuction !

18. FashionBoys says:

The photographer should have taken a lesson in ‘the rule of thirds’ and perspective when shooting the Kardashians, the whole thing looks odd…and I died when I read the post about bey., I can always tell when a post is from you Jihan!