March 29th, 2012
Beyonce, Celebrity Style, Shopping
By Faith

Mixing trends? Beyoncé took a stab at it today in a look that blended a menswear-inspired hat with a $595 Michael Kors neon pink featherweight cashmere crewneck sweater and a hippie chic $1,288 Etro Abstract Maxi Skirt:

Her oversized hoops and Linda Farrow x The Row sunnies came into play again. Ok B we get it: you love these pieces!

Her cashmere sweater comes in shocking pink:

Her patchwork maxi skirt features an array of prints, in true Etro fashion.

The skirt is perfection, but I am not quite feeling it with the hat as it makes the look a bit too heavy. The bright top is the right move, but the fedora takes this very Spring-perfect ensemble straight into Fall no? A printed maxi in darker shades would have been a better pairing.

What do you think? Hot! or Hmm…?

Get some fun printed maxi skirts for less here.

Posted In
65 comments

65 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm… Beyoncé’s New York City Michael Kors Neon Pink Cashmere Crewneck Sweater and Etro Abstract Maxi Skirt”

1. jan says:

oh no! :( *perplexed face*

2. mary says:

no sir i dont like it.

3. taffie says:

I like it! She does love those shades…

4. Shantae says:

Fabulous look!!

5. It’s not a mess, but it would have looked better with a white tee rather than the long sleeve waffle knit shirt. I’m just sayin’…

7. Accent says:

Please focus on the fashion. Stop comparing her and stop comparing others with her. Keep it real, keep it fashion!

8. LawyerChic says:

Why do I love Post-Baby Bey so much?!?! She’s been looking super comfortable in all of her recent looks. This isn’t something I’d particularly like to wear, but I love it on Bey!

9. Melrause says:

First time i see this girl wearing long skirt.

10. Lauren says:

This looks seems contrived to me.

11. Erin says:

I like it very gypsy rocker. Beyoncé style has always been different and quirky, maybe that’s why I always seem to enjoy it.

12. S says:

I love bey but I am not feeling the outfit.
    But its lovely to see the glow she has
    Happiness is a beautiful thing

13. lola says:

love love love the skirt but $1,000 though? these designers don fall and lost their damn minds lmao!! Not sure about pairing the skirt with the pink top and that wrinkled-the-wicked-witch-of-the-West-hat. All she needs is a magic broomstick and the look will be complete #dead.

I love Beyonce’s style though. It is very quirky and different. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn’t but I can respect a woman who refuses to follow trends and sticks to what she likes.

14. makeeasweet says:

im really feeling this look.its simply,but the colors make the outfit really pop.

15. Lafemmeafrique says:

Negative Bey…white tank, no hat better

16. Lexi says:

I love this look, minus the hat and minus on Beyonce.

17. slim1814 says:

I would’ve gotten rid of the hat and go with a shorter skirt.

18. michezulu says:

To early to wear this. If this was summer look hot. Early Spring not a good look.

19. Eden says:

she’s swagger jacking solo

20. chrissy says:

Hmmm for me, however I think she intended for it to be not quite springy by adding the black accessories, for example like everyone wearing shorts in the winter with heavy sweaters, combat boots, etc., similar to that idea/trend….. but I’m a bit upset skinnyonce has made a return :-( thickonce was my fave lol

21. Tessa B says:

I’m trying to like it…I think its the shades that I’m not a fan of…I def dig the skirt though..with a cute crop top….

22. lola A. formally lola :-) says:

I agree she see that her sisters style is being raved about and she is trying to make it her own lol! Now let me say this I have to remind myself that she is a country bumpkin and that I cannot hold her to the swagg standards of a newyorker I can through a rock in ever borrough and hit a person that have more style and “swagg” than bey and they will have 1% of her bank account this child needs a stylist you cant have it all be pretty rich married rich baby rich talent rich and style lol something has to be flawed and its her style :-)

23. Miss Moore says:

A mess! The fit is good , but the print of that skirt is atrocious ( I hate patchwork anything ) and the fedora, why? Once again with those sunnies that dont compliment the shape of her face? Where’s the stylist?

24. Yasmine says:

i thought i was the only one who would figure out the fact that she looks really skinny .. especially from the neck up!
    But about the outfit, im just getting sick and tired of her look! this look is NOT working for me..
    and them damn shades are really starting to irk my damn nerves…
    the hat needs to go..

and yes, a white tank or pink tank {more of the white} would of went better

25. Mimi says:

What yall don’t understand is Beyonce clearly does not give 2 squirts about being a fashionista right now. This women seems to be on cloud 9. Other than her perfume, which will sell itself, she doesn’t have not a single nor album coming out and it looks like she’s soaking up the opportunity to express her quirkiness.

26. MelyB says:

If she’d ditched the hat and rocked a cute top knot bun it’d be perfect for me. I love the outfit & would definitely wear it.

I hope that hat and those glasses blow away in a wind storm. OMG! I like the skirt but not with that long sleeve waffle tee. I’ve never seen her in a maxi skirt or the color pink. Like someone said, this looks very contrived. She’s had down time before and never looked like this. I’m not even going to get on the church shoes. This would’ve been cute with a white tank, some flip flops and a bun.

28. Georgia says:

Huh. This is one of the only things she’s ever worn that I like. I LOVE the color of the top.

@Mimi, Beyonce has 3 shows in May and is in negotiations for a world tour. She has a clothing line, l’oreal and perfume to sell so she’s always promoting something.

30. Brandi says:

I don’t care for this particular look but I think it would have been better if she was wearing a better bra…she needs more support post baby.

31. manny says:

Loveeeee this skirt!!!

32. lola A. formally lola :-) says:

Yes we understand that she just had a baby yada yada but when it is put up as a hot or hmmm that means either rave about it or pick it apart my 3 year old wrote on the wall today and I still look fab #milfswagcansplashestoo! so she dont get a go pass from me you know who always look cute and comfy jessica alba post baby she has that mommy hipster thing down pat.

33. couturesista says:

Someone needs to get Bey fitted for better undergarments, you had a baby, your bra size is no longer the same. The pieces of the outfit are cool individually but together they’re a mess.

34. CoCo says:

I think she’s trying to look like Solange…and it’s not working well **oh when the tables turn**

35. This is more of a solange look , if she would have wore this every1 would be swooning over it beyonce is 2 conservative for something like this

36. Mimi says:

Beyonce could be snatched and beat every single day if she desired. Clearly she doesn’t. Point, blank, period.

37. Erin says:

This is nothing like Solange. Beyoncé look is very gypsy rocker while Solange style is very funky yet chic. How can people judge others style without knowing the difference between two totally different styles.

38. binks says:

It’s not a mess but it isn’t a great outfit either…so meh

39. aj_wright says:

I don’t believe this is her style.. she tried something: neon
    something old
    something new

40. leena says:

Only Beyonce can pull of this look off. The flattering skirt filled with vibrant prints and bright Spring colors is the the object of the outfit. The shades mix cool in with the derby hat. It’s a new look, she tried it and it works for her.

41. Cort says:

I’m not a fan of this look but it’s nice to see B be a little bold for once.

42. Sandra says:

That is my girl. Can Bey adopt me or something. Baby Blue is so spoiled. I am so jealous.

43. D.Wade says:

LOVE! Money + stylist = great look! Bey has come a looong way!

44. Mia says:

she looks great, definitly her colours

45. Est87 says:

It’s not working on her, I dunno. It seems contrived…

46. Kitana says:

I love this skirt, why does it have to be so expensive! Loved @LolaA.’S Comment SO TRUE!

47. Latanya says:

I LOVE Bey as a artist but I’m starting to believe what others say, “she has no style”.

48. Beyonce doest care about nan fashion blog at the moment. Her love is on top!

49. Avion says:

Luv the skirt, but the HAT, & Glasses gotta goooooooo. It’s a simple outfit, that B turned into something fussy, with all them extra’s. You don’t always need 2 cherry’s on top of your sundae lol

50. ShrenAKO says:

I love it! …and i’m not a Beyonce fan. I would wear this.