March 27th, 2012
Beyonce, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Yep, she’s strong enough to bear the children, then get back to business! Beyoncé is releasing a summer version of her Pulse fragrance, aptly named “Pulse Summer Edition.

The scent is said to have lighter, fruitier notes than its sister fragrance, as well as soft tones of Blue Ivy. (People StyleWatch)

Khloe Kardashian has severed ties with PETA after the organization pledged to cover the legal fees of  the woman who flourbombed her sister. The reality star took to her blog to announce that she would no longer support the group: “I just received word that the woman responsible has very close ties to PETA, despite PETA publicly stating otherwise. Not only has PETA lied to the public, but they have proved that they support this kind of behavior. I’ve been a vocal supporter of PETA for a long time but I have also been very vocal about anti-bullying, so this was a huge disappointment for me.” She continued, “We all need to practice what we preach. I will still continue to NOT wear fur, but I will no longer support PETA. Bullying and harassment is NEVER a solution, and I won’t be a part of any organization that thinks otherwise.” (People, Khole Kardashian blog)

• Emmanuel New York Models agent and owner Aristeo Tengco is being sued by three 17-year-old models he used to represent. The three underage girls claim Tengco not only withheld pay from them, but he also groped them in late-night prayer sessions. The trio lived in Tengo’s Upper East Side apartment, where these alleged acts would occur. Tengco, of course, denies these allegations: “My Agency’s business plan is simple. I will introduce and offer professional services of my choice fashion models and creative artists to my personal and professional acquaintances in the fashion industry. Together we will figure out how best to serve you! The garment hang tags of my very first “ARISTEO San Francisco” designs read: “If it makes you smile, I’ve done my job.” Sounds like a creep to me. (Styleite)

• Who knew Steven Miesel was so into gifs? The photographer published a few new teaser shots from Vogue Italia’s April issue, and three of them are gifs depicting a rather glamorusly sullen prom night. (Vogue.it)

Bebe has released a bridal collection, designed by Project Runway alum Rami Kashou. You will find pieces to outfit your entire bridal party, from the white wedding dress to rhinestone velour sweatsuits denoting bride and bridesmaid, so no one will be confused on your big day. Prices for wedding dresses range from $289 to $2,500, although I imagine if you had $2,500 to spend on a wedding gown, you wouldn’t buy it at Bebe. (The Cut)

~Jihan

20 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Beyoncé Launches New Fragrance, Khloe Kardashian Quits PETA, and Bebe Does Bridal”

1. My Response says:

good move Khloe but you should have known they were bullies before the Kim incident. I really can’t stand that organization. Stand up for what you believe in but stop bullying it’s not cool at all.

2. Shanice says:

Beyonce has like a million fragrances! One thing people can’t deny is that she is a hard worker and a renaissance woman!

I don’t blame Khloe though. I wouldn’t support PETA either if they stood behind someone who did that to my sister. Pfft.

3. I hate that image of Beyonce, either they did too much airbrushing or not enough…Khloe won’t wear fur, but she has 100 pairs of leather shoes, handbags and other trinkets? What’s the difference? Bebe? Bridal? Cut it out! I was astonished when I got an email inviting me to check it out last week. No thanks, I’m not even into their regular attire.

4. taffie says:

Khloe, do your thing gal. Beyonce thumbs up, will be buyin it, :) though were um from it will be winter, not summer lol.

5. Shanita says:

All of Bey’s fragrances smell nice…especially Pulse. I only wish they weren’t the consistency of your everyday drug store perfumes. Very cheap.

6. Ifs says:

Fan of Beyonce. Not a fan of that photo…photoshopped to the Gods.

7. Est87 says:

Oh please khloe! You knew full well about PETA’s practices before this Kim rubbish occurred. You’ve left because, instead of attacking someone you don’t give doodoos about, they ‘attacked’ your sister. Nice try…

8. Amani says:

Where is the rest of Beyonce’s dress?

9. Gemini says:

Khloe is with Peta?? Doesn’t she wear leather and python skin? Are those not from animals?

10. Alexis says:

I LOVE BEY, but they made her look too greasy and skinny in that pic! You know good and well after having a baby she’s not that small! C’mon SON!

11. mesa says:

OMG at these beyonce comments. It is very much impossible for her to be small after having her baby if Victoria secret models can do it so can beyonce and I’m highly convinced they took this before she actually started showing.

12. Dom says:

As a perfume lover, I find Bey’s fragrances to all smell cheap. I got Pulse for free and have yet to use it.

13. bougiehippie says:

LMAO I adore you all comments!

14. If I had $2500, I definitely wouldn’t buy a wedding dress from Bebe. Can we say Kleinfeld?! And I love Beyonce, but someone needs to ease up on the photoshop!

15. andie says:

I’ve only tried Heat from Beyonce because it was a gift but I think I’ll check out this new one. I didn’t know Khole was with PETA either. It’s sad that their (PETA) good cause is tarnished by the childish antics of over zealous supporters…its a lot of that going on hmm..and I wouldn’t buy my wedding dress from BeBe 0_o
    SN: it bothers me when people go to Kleinfeld and only have a 2500 budget especially when they travel long distances smh

16. MzMartinez says:

I agree with Khloe! I love me some Bey but after I smelled pulse Ive never smelled any of her perfumes lol pulse smells terrible

17. aries says:

Khloe should have known Peta has been throwing flour on people. Your sister is not the first and won’t be the last. She and her family are full of it.

18. Grace says:

PETA and their supporters kill me. When someone makes a sound argument as to why wearing fur is far worse than wearing leather/other animal based products, then perhaps I’ll take them seriously. Furthermore, if they were interested in real change, PETA would be more vocal/active in regulating the particular companies that raise their animals under inhumane conditions instead of attacking people on the street….

19. More KK FAKERY says:

Khloe was cool with Peta until someone doused her sister…more proof of their fakery. Khloe was all for posing nude for them and allowing them to airbrush her all to hell on that billboard…but what person over the age of 10 does not know that peta folks- throw red paint, throw flour, picket and interrupt fashion events all in the name of animals. Khloe wears leather and has other exotic skinned purses and shoes so she can miss the world with that bull…..

20. B. says:

The difference between fur and leather is that the slaughter of animals for fur rather than leather is a much more brutal process. The fur pelt is much more easily damaged than the leather hide and therefore some animals are skinned alive for their fur, or brutally electrocuted to death to preserve the pelt, among other horrific methods. Cow leather is most often a by-product of the meat industry and while it can be difficult to determine how ethically an animal was slaughtered because it depends on where the leather is sourced from, the slaughter of animals for fur is brutal nearly 100% of the time, and is also completely wasteful because the rest of the carcass is rarely used (as opposed to cows slaughtered for meat).