March 26th, 2012
Ethnic Models, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Burberry tweeted a shot from their Spring beauty campaign. It features model mommy Jourdan Dunn looking absolutely flawless, selling the crap out of that translucent powder and foundation. (Burberry Twitter)

Polyvore is adding a selection of beauty products to its roster of searchable items, after noticing that users would often add a tube of lipstick or a set of false lashes to their online collages: “The community often adds lipsticks and fragrances to their outfits,” said Jess Lee, Polyvore co-founder and chief executive officer. “[They] gave us the idea to make it easier to shop and search for beauty products. We just followed their lead.” (WWD)

Tyson Beckford would like a large share of the credit for girlfriend Shanina Shaik‘s rise in the fashion industry.When asked by The Evening Standard about Shaik’s success, he had this to say: “When I found her she was a regular girl. I helped place her with the right people, get her teeth cleaned, her body toned up. Everything changed and now everyone wants a piece of her. I hear people say, ‘You can do better than Tyson.’ I’m like, ‘Really? Really?! I created her!’?” Alright then, Regina George. (Evening Standard)

H&M is rumored to be working on a luxury brand. We all know the fast fashion retailer for its inexpensive prices and decidedy trendy pices, but word on the street is they’re looking to expand, and add a high-end line to their offerings. H&M’s people could not address the murmurings of their pricey line. Spokeswoman Carlotta Lesiman siad, “We are constantly looking at new ideas; it’s a natural part of our work. However, there is nothing new that we can [talk] about for the moment.” (WWD)

• Former Essence Beauty Editor Tia Williams has joined forces with her sisters to bring you The Fly Cut, a Groupon-like venture catering to women of color, bringing discount services and offers at black hair salons. The site launches April 24, and as a member, you can gain access to 50%-80% off services at places like Miss Jessie’s, Hair Rules Salon, and Amoy Couture Hair. For now, they only offer deals to salons in New York, but will be branching out to bring you discounts in Atlanta, DC, and Houston in the newar future. You can sign up now to join as a member before the site officially launches!

~ Jihan

16 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Jourdan Dunn for Burberry Beauty Spring 2012, Tyson Beckford Says He “Created” Girlfriend Shanina Shaik, and Tia Williams’s New Site The Fly Cut

1. Sandra says:

Is Tyson for real? Because if he is, this girl is certainly a lucky one. Where can I find one like him?

2. Shanina Shaik is gorgeous… and so is Tyson!

3. yusufswifee says:

tyson, wtf? smh at teeth cleaned and body toned….

4. I’m hoping it didn’t come out of Tyson’s mouth the way we are reading it, journalists have a way of twisting people’s words, you know? Who are Tia and her sisters trying to sell the site to with those dusty rose sweaters and church lady make up?

5. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

I really hope he didn’t say it like that. I would leave him a couple hundred for the trainer and the trip to the dentist and ride out. Her MAMA created her, fool!

6. Starr says:

Lmao @ Beckford’s comments. Didn’t he meet her on the reality show for supermodels?

7. mesa says:

Lmao@tyson I’m sorry that teeth cleaned part was funny. Lol

8. Lauren says:

Jourdan Dunn looks gorgeous!

I hope Tyson didn’t really say that mess…

9. Tamara C. says:

Damn Tyson! Really…? What a way to support your girl. Even if people do think she can do better than him, he shouldn’t talk her down that way. If she is the person saying that, then I can understand.

10. LawyerChic says:

I applaud Burberry’s use of a woman of color for their beauty ads, but let’s be real, they have a hand full of shades and Ms. Dunn is where the range stops. Love Burberry, but I need these high end brands to do better when it comes to shade ranges for their cosmetics!

11. December Sidderwhite says:

um Tyson… hummmm idk how to to feel about that, but how does his girl friend feel? any who – The Fly Cut ! We need that in Dallas, TX ! don’t forget about us!!!!

12. Mads says:

Want to roll in the hay with Tyson but he came off mean in that interview. I’d be embarrassed if I were his girlfriend. (And I secretly still wish I was!)

13. Dominique says:

She is beautiful, and I think she would’ve found a way into the modeling world, with or without Tyson.

If he did say that, he sounds incredibly bitter that she’s moved on.

14. Danielle says:

@LawyerChic actually, Burberry does have deeper shades. I just bought a powder to use for contouring—I’m a MAC NW47 and the powder was about two shades darker than me.

15. Jai says:

LOL @ the Mean Girls reference. I <3 Regina George…