• Burberry tweeted a shot from their Spring beauty campaign. It features model mommy Jourdan Dunn looking absolutely flawless, selling the crap out of that translucent powder and foundation. (Burberry Twitter)
• Polyvore is adding a selection of beauty products to its roster of searchable items, after noticing that users would often add a tube of lipstick or a set of false lashes to their online collages: “The community often adds lipsticks and fragrances to their outfits,” said Jess Lee, Polyvore co-founder and chief executive officer. “[They] gave us the idea to make it easier to shop and search for beauty products. We just followed their lead.” (WWD)
• Tyson Beckford would like a large share of the credit for girlfriend Shanina Shaik‘s rise in the fashion industry.When asked by The Evening Standard about Shaik’s success, he had this to say: “When I found her she was a regular girl. I helped place her with the right people, get her teeth cleaned, her body toned up. Everything changed and now everyone wants a piece of her. I hear people say, ‘You can do better than Tyson.’ I’m like, ‘Really? Really?! I created her!’?” Alright then, Regina George. (Evening Standard)
• H&M is rumored to be working on a luxury brand. We all know the fast fashion retailer for its inexpensive prices and decidedy trendy pices, but word on the street is they’re looking to expand, and add a high-end line to their offerings. H&M’s people could not address the murmurings of their pricey line. Spokeswoman Carlotta Lesiman siad, “We are constantly looking at new ideas; it’s a natural part of our work. However, there is nothing new that we can [talk] about for the moment.” (WWD)
• Former Essence Beauty Editor Tia Williams has joined forces with her sisters to bring you The Fly Cut, a Groupon-like venture catering to women of color, bringing discount services and offers at black hair salons. The site launches April 24, and as a member, you can gain access to 50%-80% off services at places like Miss Jessie’s, Hair Rules Salon, and Amoy Couture Hair. For now, they only offer deals to salons in New York, but will be branching out to bring you discounts in Atlanta, DC, and Houston in the newar future. You can sign up now to join as a member before the site officially launches!