March 23rd, 2012
Fashion News
By Jihan

• *Sigh* So, yesterday, the twitterverse was set ablaze after the screencap from a counterfeit Abercrombie and Fitch website leaked.

Abercrombie-and-fitchoutlet.com is a Hong-Kong based bootleg supplier of faux A&F wares, including these lovely cargo pants in a deep “N*gger Brown” shade. I know. Gawker reported that a bad Chinese translation software is to blame for this situation. Apparently, it translates “dark brown” into “n*gger brown.” (Someone needs to have a chat with the software writers!) I went to the website to livechat with one of the service reps about this issue. When I inquired about the pants, he apologized profusely, saying, “We have changed the name of the product, please check it. Sorry about that.” When I pressed him further, asking him questions like, “do you know any brown people the same color as those pants?” he replied with the same comment. Read more of my (hilarious) exchange with “Chris” at Fashionista. The impostor website has since been taken down. (Fashionista)

• If you were impressed with Mariah Carey or Beyoncé‘s engagement rings, prepare to have your mind blown. Swiss jewelry company, Shawish Jewelry has created the first all-diamond engagement ring. That’s right. It’s a solid diamond carved into the shape of a ring. That means no platinum band, no settings, no nothin’– just all diamond. The 150-carat diamond band took a full year to produce, and it’s expected to sell for $70 million. (Styleite)

Kim Kardashian was flour bombed by an unidentified Asian woman on the red carpet for her new fragrance launch yesterday. The reality star was immediately ushered away, and de-floured (hah!) before returning to promote her new scent. As for the perp, she left the event in the back of a police car. (Daily Mail)

Karl Lagerfeld is still pressed about Robin Givhan‘s Newsweek article, which called him “overrated” and “spread too thin.” When asked at a Tokyo press conference yesterday about Newsweek and its publisher, Tina Brown, Lagerfeld went off: “First of all, Tina Brown’s magazine is not doing well at all…She is dying,” he said, adding “I’m sorry for Tina Brown, who was such a success at ‘Vanity Fair,’ to go down with a shitty little paper like this. I’m sorry.” Oh, Uncle Karl… I know you’re at the age where you are comfortable with uttering any rancid thought that comes to mind, but… really? You’re actually coming for Tina Brown? Shady Pines Retirement Center has a nice comfy chair waiting for you. (WWD)

• Actual Basketball Wife Lala Anthony is the cover girl for this month’s Rolling Out magazine. What do you think of the shot? (Rolling Out)
~Jihan

40 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Abercrombie and Fitch Knockoff Site Sells “N*gger Brown” Pants, Kim Kardashian Gets Flour Bombed, and Lala Anthony Covers Rolling Out”

1. T1K says:

Lol… Whoever did that to Kim K is just too wrong… I feel bad for the girl. 70mil for an engagement ring.. That will be one lucky girl! Hope they have the best, most happy, ever lasting perfect marriage!

2. Miss Understood says:

Lala looks gorgeous!

3. LawyerChic says:

I wound’t buy anything from Abercrombie hoax, mistake or not. Never have, never will. And I genuinely feel bad for Kim K. I’m not a fan, but nobody deserves to be humiliated or attacked like that!

4. Vanessa says:

La looks great and the abercombie fitch deal is quite hilarious.

5. Jackie says:

I don’t find what happened to Kim K. funny at all. What if that was anthrax or some other harmful substance? Despite how you feel about her public persona, (because most of us do not KNOW her) she did not deserve that. It’s sick how some people find humor in this incident.
    In regard to the ‘nigger’ pants, this stuff is getting old. Why are people acting as if ‘nigger’ is an appropriate word to describe dark brown? When did that happen because I didn’t get the memo? My friggin gosh! This world! Ugh!
    Anyway, I’ve got to say something positive before I leave this post. Lala looks beautiful and I love J. Lo’s dress.

6. Empress says:

LOL @ A&F…Well I mean..not all niggers are the color of those pants!

7. Nic says:

“Shady Pines Retirement Center..” ! x__x
    Lmaoo dead
    Jihan for VP

8. PrettyGeez says:

Honestly, I don’t think those people were pointing the gun with the Nigger pants, I do think it was just created by an airhead whose english, or the understanding of it, is –eh. Who were the bimbo’s shopping for that faux shxt, anywho!? Let’s talk THAT talk! lol

$70 mill for a ring — pass!

As far as Kim Kardashian, I do feed bad that it happend, but I also say eh—….. When you put yourself in a predicament where your life is (fraudulently) created in front of millions of people, THIS is what you should expect. I say stick to being the business woman that you’ve become and leave that reality TV mess alone. You’ll feel better about LIFE!

LaLa — gorgeous… I’m wondering is that Hairstyle the new thing, because I did see it on Ciara too..
    Might add it to my long list of “Hairstyles to Try”
    hmm..

9. Siyam says:

ROTFL at the “Shady Pines” comment… you’re too much girl! As for poor Uncle Karl and the crazy crap with Kim K., people have far too much time on their hands if this is how they behave. Can’t we all just get along? :)

10. LaLa looks gorge! LOL @ Karl and the Shady Pines Retirement Home, I couldn’t agree more! LOL/Shame Shame at the Kim K incident. I would love to see a face shot.

11. Lotus Flour Bomb! lmao

12. Jennifer says:

*eyeroll* That Abercrombie scandal was just proof that people can’t undertake basic research.
    I’m not in the ‘Poor Kim’ choir; that’s all I’ll say on that.
    Karl Lagerfeld is like any senior citizen-he reached the age where he speaks his mind, plain & simple.
    La looks GORGEOUS!

13. moi says:

it terms of the word nigger pants it was wrong soft ware or not thats in excusable, however lets look at the deeper issue here. The blame for this is on African Americans.When i came to America i was shocked how people were referring themselves with the N word. i was shocked why people went around calling themselves stupid. The short of it is, you call yourselves with the N word you give other people to use it.Blame community you are to blame and take responsibility and stop crying whe incidents like this happen cause you are giving people permissio to use it by usig it your selfs. i am black myself.

14. Apple says:

Kim is such an attention whore. Such a publicity stunt , if I’ve ever seen one.

15. Afrikka! says:

I think La La is just a pretty face nothing more….shes so blah

16. Mrs windy City says:

@apple

So agreed!

17. aries says:

i believe the flour issue is a PR stunt for Kim, cause a really angry person would have got her in the face, they made sure it just got the back of her jacket and hair. but the abercrombie & fitch chain is always doing racist stuff. a guy at one of the stores here in atlanta took his dear time giving me a dressing room one time, that was years ago, i have never went back. i don’t how they keep getting away with stuff.

18. Caribbelle says:

Shady Pines is too classy for this fool!

19. kat says:

Moi- you’re an idiot. Just you. When you came to the US, did you notice all of the African-Americans NOT using the N-word? Did you notice all the white people who use the term “white trash?” Why no “white trash” white pants?

Please take the tired, poorly formed argument “back where you came from.” That’s in quotes because I’m sure you’ve heard that before.

20. kat says:

lol@ lotus flour bomb! But seriously, that woman is lucky it was K. Let that have been Lala…

21. Mimi says:

@Moi your logic makes absolutely no sense. The N word wasn’t used in my house growing up and I don’t use it now. That won’t stop anybody from calling me the N word if it fancies them. Should I as a Black person take responsibility for that? As a matter of fact, since you claim to have never heard it until you moved to the states, do you as a Black person feel responsible for the faux Abercrombie site’s oversight?!

22. niksocool says:

La La always looks dead in the eyes. She needs a lesson on smizing

23. Meme says:

awwwww poor Kim K ….. I wonder what she did to offend the lil asian woman?! DWL O well!

livingmemoir-ja.blogspot.com/

24. Tam says:

LaLa is NOT a model…something with the mouth/smile and eyes. There’s no expression or liveliness to her.

From what I hear, Kim K was flour bombed by someone who is a PETA type activists and we all know Kim will wear any and all types of fur!

25. Cheri V says:

LMAO @ the Golden Girls reference! I llllllllooooooooooooooove it!

26. JenG says:

@moi; I have never called myself the N word and never will because I was called that enough by white people in the town I grew up in. I understand why you would say that African American (ie. some rappers) are to blame so don’t put all of us in the same category because I would never use that word to describe myself. I do believe that Kim has the right to wear what she want because this is America, but I still thought it was funny, glad it wasn’t something harmful. I don’t believe it was a software mistake, it was did to get attention and they got it.

27. TRUTH teller says:

FAKE OR NOT I STILL DONT SHOP AT ANY STORE THAT DOES NOT HAVE DIVERSITY IN THEIR MODEL AHEM abercombie fitch!!!! THEIR STILL PREJUDICE!

28. Lea says:

No one deserves to be humiliated like that?oookkkay…so what about making a sex tape and “accidentally” leaking it to become famous?…imho the later is far more embarrassing that getting flour on your clothes! Just saying…

29. aj_wright says:

lala lools pretty but I don’t feel n e thing from her pic

30. sophia says:

i hate when people speak up on things they havn’t even looked up. it’s sad that people are defending a reality tv star who does nothing for society against a brave activist who stood up for her beliefs, even if she took it a little too far.

31. Kishonda says:

That was wrong what that lady did to Kim K. Lala looks beautiful!!!!

32. Desi says:

LOL at Kim K.. did I just laugh? Yes I did! La La looks nice

33. katie says:

@70 mil ring. I actually like the ring! If I had the money, I’d purchase it.

@Kim K: Welp! *moves on*

@moi
    Girl BYE! I don’t refer to myself as the N-word. Stop using a small amount of people you’ve met and applying it to everyone. We are not a monolithic group. If you want to blame yourself for the racism that has nothing to do with you then fine. I won’t be joining you.

@Empress
    “So the lady who floured Kim K was so called arrested, however, the guy who shot and killed Trayvon Martin is still free? Smh…”

Dang, preach on!

34. Tiffany says:

She’s so beautiful indeed. I like her :)

35. jasmine says:

kim kardashian is still a human being and a child of God. Yes, regardless whether we agree with the way she lives her life, she deserves respect as would any human being. there, i said it.

36. Alina says:

LOL @ Kim. I have no respect for her or her family. They’ll sit down and have ‘family meeting’ on how to make more money; create like 5 shows on TV, make sure the media knows exactly where they are always, and sell sell sell themselves. It’s disgusting.

37. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

If Robin Givhan said it, why did Uncle Karl spend all that time goin in on Tina Brown? Maybe because he believes what Robin said too…

38. Maryse says:

@Lea and Alina, you are so right. I read these comments and I think to myself: have you all forgotten how EXACTLY she came to be in the public eye so much? And ya’ll eat it up like cake or something.

@moi, I understand you’re point of view. Because I think the same thing being from Europe and seeing what happens in the US with African-Americans. ONly your deliverance is a bit of. And that’s what’s eating JenG and Mimi (I think, but I’m pretty sure). She (moi) says society as a whole is to blame. Parents should set the example of working hard and telling there children to do the same. And maybe you can have the American dream. We don’t have that here in Europe, ’cause we pay taxes. For some people it (like my mom) even looks like she pays more taxes than retain money. But she just says she’s blessed that she can pay this much in tax (which is bull+=* to me but anyway). Also Brown/Black whatever (call me what you want I take pride in my colour) people in Europe, mostly came from free slaves and left the country they were slaves in. African Americans never did, and I think that is the main reason black people still feel (and may experience) some underlying tension/hatred.

39. Gabby says:

I think the real question is…..who buys knockoff Abercrombie?

40. Gabby says:

I think the real question is…..who buys knockoff Abercrombie??? Who are buying these clothes! lol