March 23rd, 2012
Celebrity Style, Christian Louboutin
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Monica and Brandy are riding this “It All Belongs to Me” gravy train ’till it stops chugging– and I ain’t mad! The songstresses performed for Atlanta’s V-103 Soul Session at the W hotel to an audience that included T.I, Tiny, and Toya. For the show, Monica slipped on this $1,995 Burberry Prorsum stripe raffia jacket , black jeans, and a pair of $1,395 Christian Louboutin La Favorita strappy snakeskin platforms.

The back crepe and raffia peplum striped jacket has a rolled collar and concealed snap fastenings at the front. The raffia stripe was one of the overarching motifs of Burberry’s Fall 2012 collection.

Her chunky Loubi platforms have a suede toe, wraparound ankle straps, and hand-painted python detailing at the heel.

I *adore* those shoes. The jacket isn’t my taste, but I think it looks great on Monica’s figure. At any rate, I’m glad she and Brandy have teamed up again–it satisfies my hunger for ’90s nostalgia, and both ladies still look amazing!
What do you think? Would you splurge on Monica’s ‘fit?
~Jihan

14 Responses to “Splurge: Monica’s W Hotel Burberry Prorsum Striped Raffia Jacket and Christian Louboutin Snakeskin La Favorita Platforms”

1. Miss Moore says:

Love the shoes, can’t decide about the jacket it kinda meh!

2. Nne says:

Is Monica balling like that, always splurging

3. I love the shoes, but the jacket was a waste of money. I honestly hope that the majority of her pieces are borrowed.

4. Ronnie says:

Jacket doesn’t look their usual qaulity!

5. clicky_heels says:

love Brandies sideeye. LOLLLLL

6. Siyam says:

love the jacket…don’t know where I’d wear it but it’s cute

7. Sharnell says:

Actually yes Monica can splurge if she wants makes about 5 mill a year so why couldn’t she. Not to mention she has been in the game 15 yrs working herself. Sooooo. Yes anyway I love the look. Effortless but sheek. Monica’s shoe is SICK. While Brandy was side eyeing Mo I was side eyeing her! Patent leather gloves NO BUENO…. Lol. Happy for these ladies though

8. Sharnell says:

Meant to say her hubby makes 5 mill a year**** lol, either way. I hate when folks try to count other folks pocket. Monica can splurge and I would to on this jacket!!!!

9. EntertainmentsFuture says:

They both look great.. Monica Kinda favors LaLa in the first pic..

10. Monica has been on point here lately!!!! In the past she would have nice pieces, but she would over do it!!!!! Now she looks sooooo crisp everytime I see her !!!! Go MO Go

11. Britt says:

I love her style but she needs to wear some spring clothes it always seem like she wear long sleeves

12. Desi says:

LOVE THESE CHICKS! And what a dumb question…can Monica ball like that??? Ummmmmm , you know what NVM!

SMH

13. Kitana says:

Don’t like Monica’s jacket but she still looks great. Remember Monica came into the industry when there was money to be made from record sales, she’s a mulit platinum artist (that term seems ancient now) she def can afford to look good. Plus her hubby rollin so….

14. Andrea says:

I never like anything Monica wears because it’s as if she’s borrowing all of her clothes.. and doesn’t reflect any real style..just labels…so shes always blah. Same with Beyonce. So this jacket is just…..meh on her.