March 22nd, 2012
Celebrity Style, Shopping

Last night Omar was locked in to BET’s Rip the Runway (were you?), and immediately sent us a question after seeing Lil Kim perform. He wrote, “ Hey who is Lil’ Kim wearing on Rip the Runway?”

” Where can I get those shoes for my girl?”
The pint sized rapper took to the stage in a high shouldered sequined catsuit from L’Impasse Boutique, along with $125 Michael Antonio Lavonne Pumps.
Although we couldn’t find a picture of Lil Kim’s exact outfit, L’Impasse is known for constructing saucy pieces with sheer sides (you may remember Mashonda wore one of their dresses last year):

Kim’s cool yellow heels have a 2″ platform and 5.25″ heel.

They also come in blue, taupe, black, and pink.

The shoes are super cute and super affordable, no?
At any rate, what’d you think of her performance?

And what did you think of the show?

*If you want Kim’s shoes, get ‘em here. For her custom catsuit, you can visit L’impasse Boutique at 29 W 8th St, New York, NY. Call them at (212) 533-3255 or contact them at www.limpasseny.com if you’d like to inquire about having your own custom catsuit made.

Posted In
31 comments

31 Responses to “Wardrobe Query: Lil Kim’s BET Rip the Runway 2012 Performance L’Impasse Catsuit and Michael Antonio Lavonne Pumps”

1. Jen says:

Her performance was horrible.It breaks my hearts, but She just dont have it anymore. She cant get the crowd going unless she sings her old songs.

2. Shanita says:

The show was nice! I really liked seeing the full figured walks. Great collections. But alas, my dear Queen Bee…tis time you hang it UP^

3. Amani says:

She needs to find the next phase of her career, which should not be rapping.

4. Marsha D says:

Kim’s entire out fit is screaming “Marrrrcusss darrrrrling” let it go girl- just sit on your inflatables and continue to collect royalties.

5. Justsayin says:

Focusing on Kim’s fashion; hated everything about it. Yes, we get it, you are the original female outgoing with the outfits rapper but step your game up if you are competing with Nikki M.

Now the performance, go hard or go home. GO HOME KIM IT WAS WACK!

6. DreamSupreme says:

she my girl but she is so wack and played.. especially now that she has to be compared to niki minaj who is wack as hell too but she is major right now as far as hits and performances.. Kim look washed up and tired and she sounds a mess.. smh RIP lil kim.

7. Her pockets must be short…

8. bella says:

she looks terrible and the performance was terrible. she used to be hot back in the day but i think she really needs to give it up. she was screaming the entire time and now she will be remembered as the nicki minaj hater. that’s all people want to ask her about. NOT for being a female rap pioneer.

9. Erika says:

I didn’t see the show but I think she is just too cute.Her hair is the bomb!

10. Erika says:

The shoes are ok.

11. Toni says:

her hips……

12. Fashionbum82 says:

I kinda like the song but it was poorly executed she should have sat still and where the hell was the hype man in the beginning!? that outfit was cute but her hair, make up a hot flaming mess!

13. Michelle R says:

$125 for manmade materials? I cant…I like my shoes over $100 to be LEATHER! haha…they are cute though…Lil Kim needs to sit down…she looks like she may tip over and crack her face…or melt under those hot ass lights.

14. bougiehippie says:

Her hair and performance was horrid I just cant believe it ppl in her camp that is agreeing to this mess.

15. Vanessa says:

Them shoes is badass

16. EBONY says:

SHE LOOKED AND SOUND HORRIBLE!!!!! SHE NEEDS TO MOVE ON TO THE NEXT PHASE OF HER LIFE TRY TO DO IT GRACEFULLY…….YOU HAD YOUR TIME AND NOW IT HAS PASSED. I LOVE THE OLD LIL KIM, THIS OLDER VERSION THATS TRYING TO KEEP UP, IS TACKY AND CORNY! SORRY KIM……AND SHE LOOKED SUPER FAKE, PLASTIC SURGERY OVERLOAD!

17. MiDe says:

Shoes are cute. I’m more interested in the blouse the model is wearing a 1:50

18. Kitana says:

Yes Queen Bee the originator loved the performance, the ensemb and new unnecessary surgeries are a definite thumbs down. But I love this girl so much!

19. Jackie says:

I didn’t see the performance but from the blogs, the consensus isn’t clear. At Necolebitchie, people were saying ‘great job’ …here..not so much. Ah well. Not a fan of the shoes, but I like the pop of color against the black ensemble.

20. AmazinRee says:

I luv my girl Kimmy!

21. andie says:

The show and her performance was WACK!! The styling was awful and the models could NOT walk! Kim huffed and puffed and lip synced all through her “performance”! It was truly shameful!

22. J'aime Paris says:

There will always be a manufactured entertainer to take the place of an originator. With that being said I thought her shoes were really cute and the outfit probably would’ve looked better with better styling.

@Michelle: “$125 for manmade materials? I cant…I like my shoes over $100 to be LEATHER!” If this isn’t one of the most BASIC comments I’ve read on here than idk what is.

23. Caley says:

I like her catsuit its sassy and sexy and the heels are so gorge I would love them in every color !

XoX CaleyAnn @ pardonmycloset.blogspot.com

24. Brandon says:

Somebody tell Connie Chung to fix her face, FOOLYWANG MATERIAL!

25. Janae says:

She looked horrible and was the laughing stock of Twitter all last night, Letoya Jackson was trending WORLD WIDE last night.

Nuff’ said..

26. Kriissy L says:

I Lovedddddd the outfit and the shoes was banging , but we all know kim is washed up and needs to go home especially competing with Nicki Minaj , there’s really no competition . Nicki got it and Kim had it now she’s done .

27. Sunshine_imaSTAR says:

Owwwwwwww Kiiiiimmm.. I think she looks lovely.. Her hair i like for ONCE.. BUT the performance.. OH NO.. she looks like shes concentrating sooooooo hard on every little move she makes.. She doesnt look comfortable at all..

28. FashionBoys says:

She’es shorter than I had thought, but ummm, that performance…terrible….her fashions…a mess… but hey, to each his own.

29. Frank says:

Some people are being way to hard on Kim, this is her first tv performance in years and I think she did a great job.

Evervone neeed to stop cause she has been in the game for a long time and now that nikki m is hot everyone forget who made that part of the game so stop it

31. Clarice says:

So, this is my first time ever commenting on a “Blog” or whatever, but Im gonna keep it short & sweet. whether she did GOOD or BAD, your opinion to her HONESTLY doesnt matter. Lil Kim is STILL making $$$. meanwhile what are you doing with your pathetic lives besides judging someone youu dont even know? ok yeah. Now, she looked fine. Not too may colors, her hair was hitting, and her face was BEAUTIFUL. No she is NOT nikki minaj and im GLAD to say that. Lil Kim PAVED the way for her, let it go people. Move on with your lives, and find something better to do with your life,
    -Peace, Love, & God