• Cassie sat down with Dropout UK to talk her new single ‘King of Hearts,’ her upcoming album, and why she hasn’t bothered to grow back her hair now that the shaved-head trend has come and gone.
(Dropout UK Youtube)
• The CFDA is taking it upon itself to address the issue of design piracy head-on, by forming industry initiatives (like their “You Can’t Fake Fashion” collaboration with ebay) to help stop the rampant counterfeiting of both high-end and little-known designers. While they are not abandoning their push for legislation to help eliminate, or at least, better regulate instances of piracy, they realize that it’s prudent to spread awareness about this problem themselves. (WWD)
• The Folks over at Tom Ford are giving us a little treat. Behold: a short, seizure-inducing video of all the looks from his Fall 2012 collection. (The Fashion Spot)
• Get ready for the newest trend in nail art, the “caviar mani,” in which you apply a coat of polish to your nails, sprinkle on tiny seed beads to create a three-dimensional, textured effect. UK nail polish brand Ciaté is set to release its caviar mani kit at Sephora this April, and it’s sure to take off like last year’s ubiquitous “crackle” trend. (Fashionista)
• Alexander Wang‘s SoHo flagship got the sunny-side up special yesterday morning, when it was egged by a mystery vandal. Could another disgruntled sweatshop employee be the culprit? Unfortunate as this incident is, Wang should count his blessings: at least it’s not another lawsuit! (Refinery 29)
• Kate Moss is the latest fashion notable to snag a cameo in one of the new AbFab episodes. The supermodel gives a moving performance, delivering all
her lines six words with the professionalism of a seasoned actress. (Styleite)