March 19th, 2012
Beyonce, Celebrity Style
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

The Eagle has landed! Beyoncé was spotted yesterday evening arriving at the Greenwich hotel to have dinner with First Lady Michelle Obama. For her night out, she slipped on a $1,545 Victoria Beckham 3/4 Sleeve Sheath Dress, $1,985 Lanvin Swarovski Crystal Eagle necklace, and a pair of $1,265 Nicholas Kirkwood Satin and Navy Glitter pumps.

Her Victoria Beckham frock is impeccably tailored, and features a V-neckline and patch pockets in the front.

Her Lanvin necklace is made a burnished silver-tinted brass, with a blinged-out Swarovski crystal eagle spreading its wings.

Her Nicholas Kirkwood pumps are made of satin  and navy glitter bands, criss crossing over the instep. The bands partially obscure a black grosgrain rosette.

I’m a slave for sheath dresses and Lanvin jewelry, so I am a fan of this look. However, I think she could have added a pop of color to make the outfit more exciting. A touch of yellow or hot pink wouldn’t have hurt!

Like her ‘fit? Get her look (and some more affordable options) here:

~Jihan

40 Responses to “Splurge: Beyoncé’s Greenwich Hotel Victoria Beckham 3/4 Sleeve Sheath Dress, Lanvin Swarovski Crystal Eagle Necklace, and Nicholas Kirkwood Satin and Glitter Sandals”

1. Marsha D says:

Love this….love that dress! I love some good damn tailoring.

2. Mimi says:

She looks tired in the second to last pic. She might need another face tightening. The ear/face connection always gives away plastic surgery

3. Vanessa says:

I love it. I think it was appropriate for the event she was attending.

4. KIMBERLY says:

Wow, $4,795 for an outfit with only 3 pieces it must be nice that will never be me on my budget. LOL

5. BK says:

She looks super chic! Love it! And of course she looks tired. She has a 2 month old baby at home!

6. Lakesha says:

That blue is amazing! You never disappoint when it comes to bringing us the latest…and you find every single piece and break it completely down for us. Thank you!!!

7. Lakesha says:

Dang Mimi you’re all on Bey with the face thing…

8. Loving the fit!!!!! She looks nice…i am feeling the pony as well!!!!

9. p says:

wow, for once i love something beyonce’s wearing! i think this an appropriate and sophisticated outfit to wear to dinner with the first lady. the dress fits her beautifully and i love the necklaces.

10. Gemini says:

The outfit is ZZzzz…Sorry not a fan. These pieces are not worth amost $5000 no way!

11. Sarah says:

very well put together!!! she looks great!!

12. dyshaun says:

LOVE BEY!

13. Erin says:

Beyonce looks great. Her skin just glows.
    @ Mimi to bad that her face has always looked like that due to her huge ears, bitter black women are something, I tell ya.

14. Crystal says:

I love the necklace but it’s throwing me off with that conservative dress. VB dresses look good on everybody! If I could get my hands on one good black one…I’m good!

15. BlkRose says:

I love the color of the dress. Very nice,

16. YoungL says:

That necklace looks like it came out the dipset valut #jimjones..

17. The outfit is great for the occasion, but she needs to lose the eagle necklace. It’s better fit for a more casual outfit, like a Knick’s game.

18. Dannielle says:

Bey really looks like a mom, she just exudes a glow that screams “I am a mother!” Looks good on her!

19. WOW @ the comments on her face. Somebody is pressed.

Anyway, I like most of Victoria Beckham’s pieces so this is a win. I like the necklaces too, but I do agree with Jihan. A small pop of color would’ve really made this look!

20. Miss Moore says:

Appropriate for the event but it’s a little boring especially for the pricetag. Everyone that has ever worn one of Victoria’s dresses looks good, the tailoring on them is impeccable. Side bar: Miss Tina’s face is sooo snatched, she looks scary

21. Cynthia says:

I thought this was clean and impeccably polished. Very fitting for the event. But Beyonce, you’re still young my love. As Jihan said, a pop of color would have elevated this look. Mrs. Obama had on a more sexed up dress. No bueno.

22. whatevs says:

lmao…if she had added color…then you bitter chicks would been yelling…Beyonce just can’t ever get it right…doesn’t she know less is more…

23. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Love her make-up! She still has the pre/post baby glow! She looks so tired here and her dress is a bit of matronly but she looks nice!

24. mahoganyb says:

She looks pretty and modest.

25. Cynthia says:

But fyi….I must add that the exposed zipper in the back made up for the lack of color pop. Love it.

26. sarah says:

The pressed commenter about her face, needs to go take a walk and release their tension.
    Anyhoo I’m not a fan of the tailoring of the dress.
    But she looks sophisticated and radiant.

27. Siyam says:

It was dinner with the First Lady, not a red carpet walk at the MTV Awards. Demure is okay when you’re going to dinner with political heads.

28. Anika says:

IDC IDC IDC. Queen Bey slayed this outfit into oblivion. That beat face. That sickening ponytail. Effortless and chic.

29. Fashionably Late says:

Completely disagree with the suggestion to add a pop of color, especially yellow or pink- that would totally have clashed. Beyonce doesn’t always get it right but she is perfection here- stately and gorgeous.

30. Kitana says:

She looks so elegant here! I would’ve saved the winged necklace for a different, more casual occasion but it works.

31. terysa says:

Hi Jihan,

I definitely have a similar look for less, ‘Cappuccino’. Featuring a boat neckline and a V back without the exposed zipper ($117.99).

Here is the link, if interested:

32. Tee says:

Why is her face so shiny? Beyonce’s style is so bland! Hot pieces here and there but just like any other with no sense of style..never seem to pull it off quite right. And that dress looks cheap, especially with that exposed zipper in the back! (PET PEEVE) She could have got something like that out of H&M for $29 girl bye! These wanna be designers charging all that money for $14 worth of material! LOL

33. Tee says:

Oh but those shoes are hot…and she is playing the color blue ALLLL the WAYYYYYYY OUT! So corny and attention seeking! Ugggh I do not like this bimbo

34. I think “Less is More”, and Beyonce nailed it 3/4′s of the way. I wish she would’ve either left the eagle necklace, or worn it so that it laid on her chest instead of leaving it to hang below the neckline. But she looks nice and simple non the less.

35. krystel says:

Hmm @ the price but bey look great. Beautiful skin..just glowing. H&M always has dresses like these that look just as great.

36. Shawn says:

Werq’n that dress!

37. Sabrina says:

That skin is flawless!

38. RHONYC says:

@ Mimi

no grease love, but if you notice her 1st post-birth evening out pic her eyes have been looking tired like that.

i think it’s called the ol’ 2AM baby feedings face. (ahhh, i remember it well, lol).

anyway, congrats to Bey for being a ‘snatch-back Queen’. her figure looks ferosh!

god bless the power of breastfeeding. works like a charm every time! ;-)

39. Renita says:

But why am I getting so much life from this outfit? Good grief! I bet she smells like angelic dreams and endless heavens!

40. Tanisha says: