March 19th, 2012
Beauty, Celebrity Style, Nails, Spring Wardrobe, Trend
5 Fun Spring 2012 Nail Colors: Electric Blue, Mint, Pastels, and More!

Want to exude chic down to your fingernails?
Hop onto some of the hottest nail colors, as seen on a few of our fave Fashion Bomb celebs. This year’s shape seems to be longer and pointier, sort of like a super sexy talon:

But whether you choose to keep your nails short and square or long and pointed, we’ve got the top colors for you to dip into.
1. Electric Blue:

When Jay-Z and Beyonce gave birth to their first child Blue Ivy, they also unwittingly ushered in a new nail trend. Beyonce’s bright Baker Street Electric Blue nail color, worn in honor of her newborn, has been spied on several stars, including Angela Simmons.

Get the look here:

2. Mint

Mint is hot for clothes–and for your fingernails. Dip your toes and nails in the hue and keep it poppin.

Get the look here:

3. Pastels

Pepper your pointers with a series of shades in chic pastels. Take a cue from Azealia Banks with pale purple, or keep it super soft with pastel pink or blue.

4. Ravishing Red

Traditional red is still hot for Spring 2012, in full on coats, or uplifted by half moon manicures:

As with any other color, have fun!
Get the look here:

5. Stark White

Can’t be bothered with all those confusing colors? Bright white goes with everything and is perfect for spring. If straight up white nails are too boring, take a cue from Cassie and add a fun design on one or two digits:

Get the look here:

Did we miss anything? And what nail color will you try?

36 Responses to “5 Fun Spring 2012 Nail Colors: Electric Blue, Mint, Pastels, and More!”

1. Apple says:

Currently wearing green in honor of St. Patricks’s Day and I love how it looks on my hands. Cobalt is my favorite color so I wear it often. Love this post!!

2. taffie says:

Its gon take a while 4 me 2 rock these pointer nails, ey just remind me of claws!!colors r great tho,

3. Nicole says:

My dislike for pointed nails is at an all time high.

4. Ms. VixoN says:

I LITERALLY WEAR THESE COLORS ALL YEAR LONG. I LIVE FOR FUN COLORS LIKE THESE. I’M ALSO SO EXCITED FOR S/S 2012, NEED THOSE NEON FAVES THAT GET US NOTICED ESPECIALLY ON MY TOES! Ha!

CURRENTLY HAVING A PASTEL PINK MOMENT ( Rockin FIJI by ESSIE) #So Girly :-)

5. KimberlyLove says:

I’m loving the mint and pink, I may just do both!!

6. yusufswifee says:

would like to try the pointy nails….going to start with oval….

7. I just did a video on this topic and I basically mentioned all of the colors that you did. Great minds think alike!

8. dyshaun says:

Emerald greens and navy blues!

9. Juice love says:

Currently rocking mint green stilettos!

10. Gigi says:

I’ve changed the shape of my nails from squoval to more of a round shape with minimum point. It’s still not stiletto nails but pointy enough. Honestly, after all these years, I’m still getting used to the new shape, but I’ve been told that they look hot so I think I’m gonna go with that ;-)

11. essie says:

Someone please tell me who the chick with the awful yaki weave and even more awful makeup is, why she showing up everywhere? Damn the nails–there is nothing forgivable about that photo…

12. Natasha says:

LOVE LOVE THIS POST! Cassie is just hot

13. Not this Banks girl again, does she ever take a normal photo?

14. The Antifash says:

I am a part of the claw nailz bellz (well sort of, mine are a bit rounded) and I usually go dark. My younger brother calls them evil gal nails lol. I have tried the cookie monster blue (love it) and a cool navy/gold half moon. I am looking to venture into the pastel’s this coming spring.

Can I just say that I really live for Cassie’s face & nails? Super gorg!

15. Crystal says:

I’m wearing mint green now but will go for a polish change tomorrow. It’s just not appropriate in a work environment but all of my meetings are via phone this week so I could get away with it. People were rocking blue before Blue Ivy. IJS!

16. fashion roadkill says:

I love all the nail colors……..they are to die for.

17. Totally digging this post! Love painting my nails in a variety of colours. I currently have square nails. Hoping to have them pointed soon!!
    Check my blog for more details on my obsession with nail polish

18. binks says:

Love the colors not a fan of the pointy nails

19. aj_wright says:

I’m rocking Tiffany blue <3

20. Jinx Moneypenny says:

Definitely interested in trying the mint.

21. Mocha says:

I rock any nail color any time of year so this is nothing new to me, I am like a nail polish fanatic! lol I will say I love red/orange right about now

22. Alexis says:

I would totally have to agree with Mocha.

23. mesa says:

Taking notes I loooove nail polish and these Colors!

24. Wow what a vibrant paint colors. would like to try green on long and square nails.

25. Not feeling the pointy nail. I love the pastels and bright polishes.

26. localceleb says:

I don’t know if I can do the pointers.. they look dangerous for others and myself!

27. I am over the exaggerated pointy look!!!! The colors are dope!!! I am currently trying to decide what colors I shall rock this spring and summer…

28. Dom says:

I’ve been on mint for at least two years now when I saw Queen Latifah with it. Last summer I picked up a pastel yellow and I’m wearing that on my toes. I did mint this past friday and had it off in time for work Monday. Gotta keep it professional!

29. andie says:

I’m currently wearing a short pointed neon orange/pink look. Ill be trying mint and nude soon. I LOVE the all white on Amber but not to sure how it will look with my dark skin hmmm

30. iQgraphics says:

Ms Banks
    A Mess

31. Antoinette says:

I’ll be rocking these colors, minus the pointed nails. The celebs can keep that trend.

32. p says:

i’ve been rocking long and round nails for about 3 years now since i first saw the look on rihanna. i think it’s a very sexy and feminine look. and i LOVE blue polish. i usually wear opi dating a royal but after i saw the stunning blue beyonce had on i got that polish too. it’s by nails inc and it’s called baker street. it’s a bright neon standout blue. it’s gorgeous.

33. I always love Rihanna’s nails! Electric blue, one of my favourite colors!

34. lissette says:

I love the rounder semi pointed long nails they are so feminine.

35. karina says:

I love your page!

I just bought a mint nail color by Sally Hansen today. I’m wearing it on my nails and the color is so adorable :D