March 17th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Nicki Minaj, Who Wore it Better
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Marlo Hampton attended the 6th Annual Fine Art + Fashion fundraising benefit at an Atlanta Neiman Marcus yesterday evening. For the occasion, she chose the same Oscar de la Renta Spring 2012 gown Nicki Minaj wore to the 2011 AMA’s.

Marlo kept it classic, completing her look with a pair of pointy-toed gold glitter pumps and a simple gold tone clutch. Nicki, as she often does, kept it funky with a pair of heelless Alexander McQueen Armour wedge sandals, and her signature pink wig.

The lace and emerald green silk taffeta ball gown was modeled on the runway with gold and green speckled heels and a lace choker.

I think Marlo looks great, but I like Nicki’s edgy shoe choice, I think it adds even more oomph to the already gorgeous gown. I also wish Marlo had put her hair in a sleek bun for this look. The styling is doing nothing for me. What do you think?

~ Jihan

34 Responses to “Who Wore it Better?: Marlo Hampton vs. Nicki Minaj in Oscar De La Renta Spring 2012”

1. Moorgsss says:

Nicki

2. Vikeejeah says:

Nicki. It might be her height but the gathers in the skirt give it more volume and the way she styled it added to the look while Marlow simply wore it and was quite blah…

3. xi zane says:

Marlo looks like a little girl playing dress up. It’s kinda boring on her. Even without the pink hair, Nicki would have smashed it. She looks like a grown as woman doing grown ass woman things.

4. TRUTH teller says:

IN GENERAL THE DRESS IS WEIRD

5. B. says:

It’s surprising on some level, I mean, I love Nicki for her costumes, but I think she wins this one in the “fashion” stakes. Much better shoe choice, her figure looks fantastic, and having the skirt pulled up a bit more at the front works a world of wonders.

6. Dionne says:

Nicki took this 1 Marlo! I agree with u jihan her shoe choice was much better! A pointed toe doesnt work for this it ages the dress. & i even prefer the pink wig over hers. Oan: is nicki holding up the skirt on the side? Because both the model & marlo’s dress fall to the ground

7. Fashion Roadkill says:

I think they both looked lovely in this dress. Props, to both ladies.

8. Vanessa says:

Although I love the classic look, Nicki Minah did put some life int o the dress with those shoes

9. befree says:

Marlo Win’s Hair: Even though I think it’s not right for the dress, it’s better than Nicki

Nicki Wins From the Neck Down

10. super28 says:

Of course Nicki ! Lookin good.

11. michelebeezit says:

I could have said so much, I will stick with #endtimes
    that is all

12. p says:

neither. i’m not feeling the dress and i can’t stand either one of them.

13. I don’t care too much for the dress, but I will have to say Nicki for two reasons: 1. she made it look more youthful and 2. where is Marlo wearing or trying on this dress, looks like a department store.

14. Brook says:

NIKKI IS GHETTO! SHE IS NOT CAPABLE OF LOOKING NICE, SO THE OTHER BLACK LADY WINS!

15. Neither! Nicki is doing too much, though her shoe choice is better. Marlo’s pointy toe shoes and gold clutch are a total fail.

16. aries says:

Nicki, the shoes did it!

17. mamareese says:

Nicki…all day. Marlo where did those shoes come in? I’m not a fan of her anyway she is an Old dusty mean girl……..But I do wish Nicki would kill all them colored wings. How dare you insult couture with them 15 dollar weaves! The horror……

18. Cee says:

@Brook you sound like a ignorant, racist! The other “black lady” name is clearly posted it’s MARLO you idiot! And Nicki is highly capable of looking presentable, you probably look a hot ass mess teehee thats the funny thing about it =) Both ladies are hot, Marlo gave me classy, and Nicky kept it edgy simple as that.

19. Ms. E says:

Not a fan of nicki’s style but she rocked it, the hair, necklace and shoes made it perfect.

20. DivaFabulosa says:

Nicki’s style is rather cartoonish so this type of dress fits her better. Her shoes are hot which is the only reason why I picked her. Otherwise, I would have said neither.

21. Dare I say Nicki!!!

22. chic therapy says:

they both rock it well in different ways

23. binks says:

They both look good, marlo rocked it in a practical way(though I wish she did a bit more with the hair and makeup) and Nicki made the look fin and edgy but still presentable

24. psc says:

The dress was ugly on the runway and even uglier on Marlo and Nicki

25. antiSOCIAL says:

I like Nicki from the neck down…

26. myra says:

burn that pepto wig

27. Shanon says:

ahh Nicki(although I am nottt a fan!) !! The dress is wearing Marlo but Nicki is killingg that dress, pink hair & all

28. mary says:

NICKI well done

29. MEME says:

The model wore it best.

30. MEME says:

I don’t like it on either one of them, the dress is too matronly for Nicki, on top of that, she is too short to wear a dress with that much volume, it makes her look like she’s drowning in the dress, plus that pink wig makes Nicki look foolish. Marlo, I just don’t like the dress on her either, it’s too matronly for her, and she’s older than Nicki.

Not even a fan of Nicki, but she STILL wins, to me, in this category….based on the shoes alone! I even think the pink wig works in this outfit. She def did give Life to the look.

32. whatevs says:

I’m shocked that I like it on both ladies…

33. Brook says:

CEE, I AM BLACK. SO I AM NOT RACIST. I THINK THAT NIKKI IS A DISGRACE TO OUR RACE. SHE RAPS ABOUT NEGATIVE THINGS ALL THE TIME. “THESE NAPPY HEADED HOES NEED A PERMATOR”. THOSE ARE HER LYRICS. SO DONT GIVE ME THAT RACIST BULL****. NIKKI MANAJ IS HOOD AND UNEDUCATED. I WAS TOO BUSY TYPING TO GO BACK AND LOOK FOR THE OTHER WOMANS NAME SO I DIDNT PUT IT, AND SOMEHOW, YOU THOUGHT THAT IT WAS A DIS? YOUR THE IGNORANT ONE CEE. MYOB!

34. loveit says:

1.. the dress is UGLY 2.. Nick needs to know when to tone down the ghettoness when it comes to fashions, true she looks better in the dress but the hair with this look…..Hell to the No!