March 17th, 2012
Date Night, Kanye West, Spring Wardrobe, Style Inspiration, What to Wear

It’s been a while since I’ve done a Style Inspiration…!
Fashion Month takes its toll and I simply don’t have time to answer every single e-mail. In most cases, however, a blazer, dark jeans, and a hot shoe can take you from a basketball game to date night. For this Style Inspiration, I included two of my favorite pieces this season: Helmut Lang’s Era Pointed Cuff Blazer, and Kanye West By Giuseppe Zanotti Beaded Sandals:

The two items are certainly splurges, but you can pair them endlessly with dark colored jeans or trousers, uplifted by a cool clutch:

And if you don’t have $5,810 (!) to spend on a pair of shoes (or $645 to spend on a blazer), you can mix and match with any haute heels or jackets. A blazer and jean combination is an easy wardrobe solution. See how Cassie, Evelyn Lozada, and more rocked the look in their own ways:

Ciara rocking a version of this look in 2009 with Louis Vuitton Spicy Sandals

And be inspired to create your own interpretation!
What do you think?

17 Responses to “Style Inspiration: Helmut Lang’s Era Pointed Cuff Blazer, Dark Jeans, and Kanye West By Giuseppe Zanotti Beaded Sandals”

1. p says:

this is a simple and chic outfit. i like it. and i like how everyone styled their oufits except june with her bug eye glasses, bunched up blazer, and clunky blue shoes.

2. Allison says:

why is cira toe hanging over her sandals.? i just hate that

3. Alissa says:

*Agrees with comment above*….toes hanging over shoes = tacky!

4. LOL @ Ciara’s toes holding on for dear life. Every shoe isn’t for everybody!

5. Liz says:

i love this style inspiration…

6. fash says:

Someone explain to me why that she is 5,000

7. Vick says:

Who shoes did ciara borrow? Her toes are damn near touching the ground smh

8. DivaFabulosa says:

She obviously borrowed those shoes, but why though? I know she has enough money to get a pair in her own size. Minus her ill fitting shoes, all the outfits are well put together. Giving me some ideas for the spring.

9. Elle says:

The fact that those shoes are $5,000………..

I know there is a market and demographic for luxury items like such, but the reality is that there are fare more people in this country who cannot afford (meaning not miss the $5k at all – not put it on a credit card, but literally drop the $5k and keep it moving without at all impacting their livelihood or incurring more debt) these shoes. I love Kanye and his creativity, and his ability to branch outside of his element and still create ‘success’. However the gap between the ‘haves’ and ‘have nots’ has grown so overt, so drastically disproportionate that it concerns me that Kanye (Jesus Walks, All Falls Down, Spaceship) and our culture at large accepts that this is okay. I wonder where the shoes are manufactured, and how much the workers who put all those pretty beads on those shoes are paid.

Very FEW people in this country (and the world) can afford a $5,000 pair of shoes. Most Americans make less than $5,000 a month, including probably most people that read this blog.

Claire- i absolutely love this blog, and read it faithfully. It’s just a pair of shoes, but it represents so much more to me.

many blessings to all.

10. Crystal says:

These are my favorite posts….they always inspire me. This is such a simple, classy and sexy look. The statement shoe sets it apart! Cassie is killin it!

11. Vanessa says:

Yep, you’re sure right Claire. A blazer and dark jeans are pretty much chic and appropriate everywhere. Hmmm, now you make me want to get a white blazer though.

12. Brenda says:

I do miss your Style Inspiration posts. I know you have been/and will continue to do BIG things, but hopefully you can find the time to do these posts more often. Your blog is the BEST!!!!

13. killinhoes says:

Claire – you KILT IT with how you put this look together. BRAVISSIMA!x

14. yusufswifee says:

okay ladies…I need to know who will be wearing the bustiers and blazers this season. I am sooooo tempted but have hestiated because I am a 36H….I have to know this. I know it has to fit properly, etc., etc, but after all that is it doable. Please respond….

15. yusufswifee says:

oh and this outfit is fab as usual, claire.

16. Latarsha says:

I love to wear blazers and jeans together.

17. Rebecca says:

I love how everyone loves this post but everyone was hating on Kim k cuz she wears jeans n blazers -_-

Anyhoooo great post Claire!!