March 12th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm, Rihanna
Hot! or Hmm…: Rihanna’s New York Da Silvano Sheer Top and Timberlands

Rihanna caused the paps to go crazy the other night, as she made her way to dine at New York hot spot Da Silvano. The Talk that Talk singer donned a (NSFW) sheer knit top with baggy distressed jeans, topped off by Timberland boots:

Hmm…the shirt would have been better paired with fitted jeans, stiletto heels, and oh yes, a bra…

But that’s just my opinion. What do you think, Hot or Hmm…?

Posted In
49 comments

49 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Rihanna’s New York Da Silvano Sheer Top and Timberlands”

1. Mel says:

Crackhead chic smh. I can’t!

2. Vick says:

If u have to walk around covering your chest than maybe you shouldn’t wear it

3. KBS says:

Maybe she’s ovulating and theres a full moon or something? I don’t know what to make of this. I like each thing individually….the gold cuff too

4. Tia says:

Truth be told she has the body to do it, but the entire ensemble looks random.
    Timbs, baggies and a sheer top – really though – black pants high heeled shoes and attitude would have been enough.
    The covering of the boobies makes no sense – to wear an outfit like this you have to channel your inner grace jones or 90′s madoona trying to protect your modesty when you are completely exposed ruins whatever statement you were trying to make with the outfit choice. To me, Rihanna has fallen off of late, back in 2010 early 11 Rihanna would have killed this top and executed it with pizazz, right now she almost always looks a mess.

5. y says:

So she decided to wear it (clearly for attention) but covers her breast when the camera are around? I dont get it? She’s too pretty to be pulling these kinds of attention seeking stunts. SMH

6. My Response says:

The girl has gotten so trashy. Why hide and when you knew very well what you were doing. Such an attention whore these days.

7. Sandra says:

Money cannot buy you class. All that money and she wear a shirt that expose her breasts. I love Rriri but this time, she is wrong.

8. AD says:

Just no need for the chi-chis.

9. Vanessa says:

Lol. Wow. I actually like this look. It just looks so brave. Anyways with Rihrih doing the whole ‘whitetrash’ thing, I can appreciate the seperate she buys…That sweater is some fire ish tho.

10. mary says:

well u have to give it to her- her body is slam jammin. i like the heroin chic/white trash look. its something else other than uber glam all the time. if i was her i wouldnt have covered my boobs. once u put it out you need to leave it alll the way out and fully commit. after all they are just tits, if you dont have them then you’ve seen ‘em at some point. so get over it

11. Ayana says:

I love Rihanna but this is a hot mess!

What happened to the black hair? I think if the top layer shirt would’ve been like a couple inches longer then she would’ve had a hit.

13. Ifey says:

I love Rihanna buy I don’t love this outfit. The hair is killing me softly looks like a good conditioner would be the move. I agree with most comments the pieces look good but seperately. If you are bold enough to have the girls out then have the GIRLS out, no need to cover them up.

14. What has gotten into Rihanna lately! SMH

15. y says:

Having a great body doesnt mean you have to go around flashing your breast (or any other private parts). Yes, Rihanna has a great bod, as do many other women in this world therefore she doesnt get “walk around naked if ya wanna” pass from me.
    Call me ol’fashion (or classy) but this isnt cool …. to me. Just cause Rihanna has it on dont make it hott.

16. Jihan says:

I’m sad about the hair

17. bella says:

that dry ass wig..chile

18. My Response says:

@ y, you are right. There are countless women in the world that have amazing bodies and don’t go around flashing their boobs. she does it all the time but this time it’s overkill. The girl is pure trash.

19. Crystal says:

she didn’t get an indecent exposure citation?

20. Marthe says:

Girls with timberlands are the best, bra or not.

21. Marthe says:

Oh, and Claire, where to buy the top? I’m in LOVE! I would rock it WITH a black bra underneath!

22. Claire says:

@Marthe Haaa I knew that question was coming! I think it’s a knit bodysuit/top combo by Martin Margiela. I was able to find a 100% see through knit bodysuit by the brand, but not the top part…so the search is still on. Look out for it in Mail Bombs.

23. sun.kissed says:

No ma’am! I cannot cosign this look. Is it me or does that look like a white woman’s chest under that sweater? It’s time for a tan!

24. AB says:

This is actually kind of sad.

25. Nraw says:

@Crystal In New York it’s legal for women to be topless in public. She’s not breaking any laws.

That said, Im sure she knew full well the flashes from the cameras would leave her totally exposed so the covering up with her hands is disingenuous.

26. Dani says:

I agree, a fitted pant & stiletto would have made it POP. I dunno what the hell has been going on w/ her lately but she knew better! Not talking about the shirt b/c its hawt… I’m talkin about the rest of the fit. C’MON NOW RIH!!!!

27. medschool says:

Okay so here’s the thing, just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should do it. Does she have the body to pull this off?-yes but so do others. There’s a point when you have to value yourself and another thing that bothers me is shes walking around like that. I’m not a mother but I’m an aunty and if my nieces or nephews saw her that would piss me off.
    Also she looks like a hobo, her clash of sexy-borderline-slutty and hobo “chic” doesn’t work. She needs to hire another stylist b/c she doesn’t know what she’s doing.

28. Tiffany says:

She is trying WAY to hard!!!! WHAT THE F$*K is wrong with her HAIR! SERIOUSLY!! It looks all kinds of greasy!! And THOSE BOOTS!!!!

29. p says:

i think if she wore the top with other pieces then it could’ve worked. but with those beat up jeans and timbs-no.

30. Kahalia says:

Oh yes and here is the divide between, edgy and classless on the fashion bomb. The bombers who can get with a boobs out look and those of us that refuse to co-sign. I love that we have a venue to state our opinions on these kinda issues. And trust me Rihanna got issues…

31. iQgraphics says:

I can’t front… I wore something like this when I was her age to the club… ugh.. hindsight is about as useful as having eye in your arse.

32. candylicker says:

She still fly

33. lola says:

I think it is one of those shirts where the flash makes it more see through kinda like tights *kanye shrug*

34. Erin says:

I really like Rihanna, but this classless, tasteless, and sad.

35. binks says:

This chick is starting to get whack to me…sighs

36. Jinx Moneypenny says:

I think she’s dressing herself now, ’cause all of this is just… and the hair… girl.

37. Shawn says:

oh my…oh Rihanna

38. Briana says:

I like it

39. Kitana says:

Don’t likE Rih Rih, I almost never like what she wears but I’m likin this…

40. Georgia says:

To the club is one thing, but who sits and eats dinner with their titties on the table? (There’s no other way to say it.) I would not want to dine with her. It’s just…odd.

Boy, I remember when I couldn’t wait to see what she was wearing; it was all pretty fabulous. Now…it’s like she’s regressing.

41. Cherokee says:

It appears the shirt moved and showed Ri’s itty bitty titties (can I say that??). Now if it were my boobs, yall would be talking. LOL. While I am a fan of RiRi, she needs to fall back just a little bit and put all of that energy into her performances. I am just not feeling the look.

42. myra says:

A HO A$$ MESS.

43. Chaz says:

@Cherokee I agree I think the cropped shirt was suppose to cover the top of her breast leaving the underclevage/ bottom boobage exposed.

44. SAW says:

i think the timbs and jeans look cute together.. the top? ummmmmmm!

45. Nneka says:

I really think this girl is possessed by evil spirits

46. krystel says:

I love Rih she looks great. Timbs…hmm love it!!!

47. DunnaB says:

Lol.i like. Timbos and no bra. Si. It’s just a chill outfit. No heels or skinnys needed

48. MEME says: