March 11th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Ciara, Who Wore it Better
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

20120311-225906.jpg
Selita Ebanks had a fun holiday at Disneyworld with boyfriend Terrence J. For a day full of frolicking with Peter Pan and other fanciful characters, the model rocked the same $170 Citizens of Humanity Chloe high waisted shorts R&B singer Ciara recently wore on a trip to Barneys in Beverly Hills.

Both ladies paired the shorts with white tank tops, but while Cici completed her look with a black braided belt and Gianvito Rossi for Altuzarra sandals, Selita chose a pair of peachy lace-up flats for her ensemble.

The cotton denim high waisted five pocket cutoff shorts have a floral print, a frayed hem and mild distressing..

I think Selita’s model shape better suits the shorts, but she loses points with me for those shoes. They’re a little too orthopedic-looking for my taste….

What do you think? Who wore it better?

~Jihan

28 Responses to “Who Wore it Better?: Ciara vs. Selita Ebanks in Citizens of Humanity Chloe High Waisted Shorts”

1. sun.kissed says:

They basically wore them the same—blonde hair, white tank. If I had to pick I’d say Ciara wins with the shoes, however, Selita does wear the shorts themselves better. Hmmm, lets just say neither!

2. krystel says:

Cici wins but Selita wore hers’ in an appropriate way for disneyworld.

3. 5ucHUNNY says:

Hmmmm…CC looks a bit whoreish…maybe its the hair….im gonna go with Selita

4. Eмa says:

Ciaraa looks hoot

5. CSQUAD says:

Well For sure Ciara all the way

6. ChooseyLover says:

Cici and that’s only because of the legs.

7. Lex says:

Ciara to me! SN:I wonder if they rented the park out though bc I was just there yesterday and it’s ALWAYS ppl near that damn castle and it’s no one behind them.

8. j-marie says:

Ciara just looks more pulled together than Selita. Selita just looks like she’s going to get some milk at the grocery store. The shirt, the shoes, it’s just too plain.

9. Amused says:

None of them….why in the world would I pay 170 bucks for floral dazy dukes I had in the 4th grade? Let’s start buying clothes because they appeal to you and not because a name is attached to it.

10. Jennifer says:

I actually prefer Selita’s oxfords. They compliment the floral pattern. I think Ciara’s sandals are a bit harsh. They both look really cute though.

cute shorts, ugly shoes for both!

12. Clarah Lopez says:

ciara’s killer legs will always make short outfits look better

13. Marthe says:

Ciara’s body is just so hot she looks better in tight shorts then some others do. But I have to say Selita doesn’t look bad (except for the shoes) and very appropriate.

14. HavilandClarke says:

After Ciara no one should wear these shorts

15. clicky_heels says:

cici as always <3

16. Hot ass mess! I featured this picture a couple of weeks ago in my in my fashion critique post. Ciara can song and dance put her style is oh so country gal

Lol! I always click on the links in Jihans posts.

Cici get’s my vote by default. Selita’s shoes are straight fugly; like beige jazz shoes.

18. Vanessa says:

I like Celita, I think she looks way more cuter than Ciara.

19. Grace says:

Ciara’s body does the shorts more justice. Selita should probably burn that wig.

20. jen says:

those shorts just look like they were made for ciara!

21. mary says:

ciaras legs look thick and fine. but she need to tone down that hooker wig. selita looks fun and cute i dig miss selita

22. Bella says:

Ciara looks wack as usual. Definitely Selita!

23. BriNicole says:

They have these similar shorts inTarget for $17.99

24. p says:

neither. these shorts are ugly.

25. iSpeakTruth says:

Ciara wins she’s filling out tha shorts….Its funny 2 me how Ciara wear’s something n everybody just copies…I give Rihanna a week be4 she starts wearing floral shorts..Call me crazy if u want 2 but she started tha surge of hombre highlights in 04…as well as Making Thigh High boots n Daisy Dukes safe on tha red carpet(google it)..Ed Hardy..Rag n Bone..Emillio Pucci(since that cut out dress..n those thigh high boots she wore 2 lst yrs CelebBasketball game)I always look 2 see what. Ciara wears n I see her @ her best when she’s out n about I never look @ celebrities when they’re styled 4 events that’s not there style..Ciara can be a flop or whateva but tha Bish stay dressed :)

26. iSpeakTruth says:

Ciara starts so many trends n never gets credit 4 it….Floral is in this spring thanks Ciara..ill give Ri Ri a wk be4 she’s in a pair

27. iSpeakTruth says:

@HavilandClarke I couldn’t agree with u more…Citizen of Humanity’s Stock Just went up thanx 2 Ciara…She never gets tha credit 4 being a damn Good Dresser of Herself n not 4 being styled by some1 u can see she has taste n loves fashion