March 9th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Mail Bombs

Happy Friday folks!
I decided to take a few more days in Paris to soak in the sights and do a bit of vintage shopping.
Before I hit the streets, I made a little bit of time for Mail Bombs. #Leggo
Nalaika screams, “WHERE CAN I FIND THESE SHORTS?”

“…OR SOMETHING SIMILAR! THIS IS DEF SOMETHING I WOULD WANT IN MY CLOSET FOR SPRING/SUMMER!! HEELPP!!”

Ok, ok!! Solange posed in Rwanda in a pair of Chloe Sevigny x Opening Ceremony shorts from their Spring 2011 collection. We weren’t able to find a picture of the shorts, but if you look closely, you can see that the shorts have the same print as a Chloe Sevigny x Opening Ceremony cardigan Solange wore in April 2011:

All that to say that Solange’s exact shorts are currently unavailable, though you can get a similar look with these high waisted pieces:

Wanda says, “ I fell in love with the skirt Lala’s wearing on the cover of Latina Magazine.”

“I live in sunny Florida and we start wearing pastel colors as early as March …I would love to find out more about her skirt and if I can get it for less.”
Apparently Lala was styled in a pair of $228 Rebel shorts by Nanette Lepore, shown below in tangerine:

Need the look for less? These options have a similar essence:

If the above alternatives won’t do, contact the team at Nanette Lepore here to check on the status of Lala’s exact look.
Joann writes, “Where can I find pants like the ones Marlo wore at her birthday?”

“…She’s really tall like me and they are long and cute!! Please help.”
Everybody knows Marlo only rocks with the best! According to realitytvfashion.com, the socialite slipped on a pair of Oscar de la Renta pants for her chic soirée. I couldn’t find the look online, but you can of course get a black sequined pant for around $200. Try these on for size:

Dana says, “I was wondering if you could find the designer of that gorgeous orange pantsuit Estelle wore on the Rip the Runway red carpet, or where I could find a cheaper version.”

” I would love to wear that to work!”
Not sure where Estelle got her pieces, but you can put a similar look together with these:

Andre says, “I’ve been trying to find this tank top everywhere.”

“…He has a shirt with the same logo. It’s hot…can u help me?
Yep! The D on Chris’s tank stands for Diamond Supply Company (the same brand that made Jay-Z’s Clippers vs. Nets game hat). Chris posed in a now sold out Un-Polo Tank in heather gray:

Though the tank is unavailable on the Diamond Supply site, you can get it on Ebay! Buy it now for $75 here.

Ashley writes, “Could you help me find the jacket that Tabatha was wearing while in Vegas 2 weeks ago or something similar?”

Get a similar hi-lo tailored look with this $158 Alita Tailcoat from All Saints:

If worn open, you can achieve a similar effect. Get the tailcoat here.

Now for some unsolved Mail Bombs!
Amanda says, “I saw these pictures of Cassie with a bomb jacket on Twitter…”

“.. I think it’s adidas, but do you know where I can purchase it? Thanks!!!!”
Hey, my guess would be Adidas, too, though it doesn’t seem as if Cassie’s jacket is an ‘official’ release. Therefore, I’m not sure where you can buy, but hopefully someone out there in cyberspace does.

Shatonia says, “I LIKE THIS SHIRT AMBER ROSE HAS ON.”

“WHERE CAN I GET IT?”
Hey! Not sure. Leave a comment if you are.
Rell writes, “I was wondering if you knew where I could purchase the shirt that Fabulous has on in the picture attached?”

Dunno! If you do, let me know.
Lastly, Trisha says, “I would like an opinion on a subject. I’m 25-years-old and wanted to know if you think thats too old to rock Hello Kitty?”

“Should I be leaving all cartoonish stuff out of my wardrobe? I saw a really cute Hello Kitty purse, but I dont want to look childish for having it.”
My gut reaction is that 25 is definitely too old to wear cartoon garb. Perhaps you can go wild with Hello Kitty makeup cases or flourishes at home, but cartoon-wear should probably stop when you’re a teenager. That said, there are ways to make Hello Kitty ‘grown up.’ Perhaps wear a Kitty shirt under a blazer with dark skinny jeans. Or, take a cue from Kimora in a diamond dipped Hello Kitty necklace:

It really depends on what and how you wear your pieces. But I’m thinking anything aside from a t-shirt or some blinged out jewelry would skew a bit juvenile. What do you think?
That does it for today! I’m about to hit up a few shops to add a few key Parisian pieces to my wardrobe.
Have fantastic weekends, stay tuned for Style Inspirations and What to Wear posts next week!
Smootches!

29 Responses to “Mail Bombs: Solange’s Rwanda Opening Ceremony x Chloe Sevigny High Waisted Shorts, Lala Anthony’s Latina Magazine Nanette Lepore Rebel Shorts, and Chris Brown’s “D” Diamond Supply Co Tank”

1. mary says:

solonge is just lookin like Matthew in all these pics. Cassies jacket is everything. I LOVE how Tabitha does black, and i love miss Marlo’s style yes hunty..

2. REL says:

I think Amber’s shirt is KTZ (Kokon to Zai). I recognize that print from a pair of their leggings :) Happy Friday guys xoxo

3. Liz says:

Cassie’s jacket looks like its from the Addidas x Jeremy Scott collab. I know they had a jacket with similar cut out detailing but it was in black & white.

4. T1K says:

Are they (Chris B and Co) wearing pink lipgloss??

5. katie says:

Wow, I love Solange’s outfit, but I want the shorts in skirt form.

6. Savage says:

T1K…LMAO!!! It does look like they shared a tube of Lip Smackers…Anyway…Tabitha is a one BAD WOMAN…period..

7. sun.kissed says:

Never thought I’d see the day when someone requested a look from Tabitha. I had to look twice.

8. Dom says:

Solo’s shorts are too cute! I love that all the mail bombs were so classy this week.

I agree on the hello kitty gear. Get the makeup brushes or a compact, but dont actually wear it if you want to look like an adult.

9. Jazz says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE Marlo, not her antics, but the bish is FAB

10. Solo is look soooo modelesque these days!!!! She is really playing the part!!!!

No maam no hello kitty purse!!! A small custom pendant or something

11. like_really_ray says:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS to Tabitha & Cassie. That is all.

12. NAIJA VIX says:

LALA’s makeup is BEAT !!!!! *snaps fingers*

13. Mrs windy City says:

In regards to the Hello Kitty purse… I have seen grown women here in the Chi rocking it. I mean grown grown women… Personally I would take off the big white hello kitty tag and rock it, if I was you.

But as far as shirts and other noticable items… no

14. I love me some Hello Kitty! Cassie’s jacket is fab!

15. Just found it, her jacket is Jeremy Scott….

16. Shana Medika says:

Amber Rose is wearing stripes & fleur de lis button down / Kokon to Zai (KTZ)

17. TRUTH TELLER says:

Cassie IS WORKING THE HELL OUT OF HER OUTFITS! RHIANNA NEEDS TO HIRE CASSIE STYLISH!

18. Jules says:

love dat shirt that amber rose is wearing, love it

19. p says:

yea, i think obvious hello kitty on grown women looks childish. cassie looks ridiculous in that outfit. i can’t get over that stupid haircut she’s rocking. i think she should just shave it bald. that might be a better look.

20. Alissa says:

I hate to say this, because I absolutely love her style, but I hate when Solange wears her hair natural, she reminds me of Orlando Jones.

21. Ashley says:

@sun.kissed I LOVE Tabatha!! I knew I had to have this jacket when I saw her in Vegas!! She wears all black well!

Thanks Claire!!

22. Wanda says:

Thank you.. I am looking into it now :)

23. Grace says:

I can imagine w/legs like Solange’s, it’s difficult to keep them covered but those look more like underwear than shorts. And, I’d have to agree w/the above poster re: her hair. I always wanna give her a hot oil treatment and a good two strand twist-out.

24. binks says:

Lol at some of the comments. But I agree with Ms. Windy City the hello bag looks cute minus the white hello Kitty tag just remove it, it isn’t an everyday bag but a good fun weekend one. To me Kimora’s hello Kitty necklace is a bit much it looks like she is wearing her daughters’ jewelry

25. Veve says:

I must say, I am and always will be a Hello Kitty lover. And I WILL be rocking her till my day comes.
    All I would advice anyone on Hello Kitty is: do not wear the fakes things. You’re old enough to buy ONLY the official licensed apparel.
    And second, try to look for real leather or otherwise coton/jersey bags. They are much more durable and tough then the ones made of ‘hard plastic’ (what I always think it’s made of).
    That being said, give your old Kitty things to your little girl or cousin, I think you will find that they will be very happy indeed. And don’t break the bank on those Hello Kitty diamonds. Your man (or woman, whatever) can do that for you!

rack city

27. shannonUncool says:

I go mad for Solonge style ! I try my BEST to get as close to her style as I can! She is beautiful !! she is a FASHIONISTA! <3

28. shannonUncool says:

Cassie ‘s Adidas Jacket is EVERYTHING !!