March 5th, 2012
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• On March 13thVogue Italia Editor-in-Chief Franca Sozzani will be made a knight in the French Legion of Honor, the highest accolade a civilian can be afforded. If you remember, Anna Wintour received this same award last year. Congratulations to Ms. Sozzani! (WWD)

• Oh wow, is that ethereal/angelic goddess Nyasha Matonhodze modeling for Madewell‘s spring 2012 lookbook? How do they expect to sell clothes when I’m too busy looking at her flawless face? (Lucky)

Willow Smith has some really, um, understanding parents. Though the ‘Whip My Hair’ singer has none left to toss to and fro, she’s still having fun with her coif. She debuted a neon green dye job yesterday via Instagram. I actually think it’s kind of cool… what do you think? (Daily Mail)

• Speaking of green coifs, Pharrell Williams debuted a low fade tinted green at Lanvin’s recent runway show. He accented the look with a $470 Jeanne Lanvin t-shirt, leather shorts, and a blinging neck piece. Um, I think it’s kinda hot. (Fashion Bomb’s Twitter)

• Are any designers staying at their respective labels this year? The newest addition to this ongoing game of fashion musical chairs is Maxime Simoens, who is leaving Leonard. As with any exiting designer, rumors are already swirling that Mr. Simoens is in talks with Dior. (WWD)

• Homeland security recently busted a criminal ring that was trying to sell over $325million dollars in counterfeit goods throughout the US. The New York Times says the organization had its roots in (where else) China, with warehouses operating in Newark and Roselle, New Jersey. Faux UGG boots were some of the main items seized, in addition to counterfeit handbags from Gucci, Coach, Burberry, and Louis Vuitton, as well as Nike sneakers. (NYT)

~Jihan

9 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Franca Sozzani to Receive French Legion of Honor, Willow Smith and Pharrell Dye Their Hair Green, and Homeland Security Dismantles Major Counterfeiting Ring”

1. Shanita says:

Dang! They done got the hustle man!

2. Alexis says:

Franca is scary looking…

3. Hahaha @shanita!!!! I am rolling over here…. I love willows hair but I think they take it to fast with her sometimes…what will be left to do during her teenage yrs?

4. sun.kissed says:

Two green dye jobs in one day!? I can’t!

5. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

What are the odds, on those green dye jobs? I think Willow is a cutie.

6. Nessa B says:

I think Willow is a model in the making

7. Clarah Lopez says:

Its too much for that little girl. I understand that her parents want her to be young and independent but, really? or is no one paying her enough attention at home. hmmm?

8. katie says:

I’m sorry, but I just can’t with Willow. I’m sorry, but this is too much. I not gossip, so I not going say what I’ve heard about her and her parents, so I’ll just leave it alone. But a lot of things are making sense. I feel sorry for this girl.

9. shannonUncool says:

Willow hair is a fun! lol .. @NESSA B , I agree with you on that!
    And I like Pharrell outfit!