March 4th, 2012
Fashion Week, Paris, Real Style
Real Style: Paris Fall 2012 Fashion Week

Paris Fashion Week is going full steam, and you know I’m on the scene!
Since I’ve been here, I’ve attended tons of great shows (Lanvin, Galliano, Kenzo), and have been snapping Real Style along the way!
Take a look at a bit of French fried fashion:

Every time I come to Paris, I have to say hey to my girl Fatou, Beauty Director of Ghubar Magazine and EIC of the French Black Beauty Blog, www.blackbeautybag.com. Street style photogs couldn’t get enough of her glorious crown, red lips, and effortlessly chic ensemble.

These two young ladies also represented for the cool hair crew, with shaved sides and jumbo plaited tresses. With hairstyles like those, you don’t need much else, though they still looked comfy and casual in bold knits and flats.

I spied Brooklyn based street style blogger Dapper Lou by the Vivienne Westwood Gold Label show, and had to take a picture. He lived up to his namesake in a moss green fedora, plaid suit, silk scarf, and dope two-toned shoes.

Also representing for the men was this young man clad entirely in vintage. He played with patterns and proportions in a salmon tunic and relaxed striped pants.

And lastly, we had these two young ladies, spied outside Lycée Henri IV after the Véronique Leroy show. They had a lot going on, boldly embracing sequins, leopard, patterned stockings, and bows. Not my style, but hey. It’s Fashion Week chic.

What do you think?

Posted In
15 comments

15 Responses to “Real Style: Paris Fall 2012 Fashion Week”

1. Jane says:

meh, I’ll pass.

2. sun.kissed says:

Hmmmm, they definitely do it different. Those last two are killing me softly.

3. jo jo says:

I understand the first two looks. They look like they took time and thought.

Not understanding the rest.
    Especially that last pic. Sequinced Uggs? O_o
    Not my style.

4. Sandra says:

I am going to pass also on the females. The guys got it hands down. If this is what real style is, I guess fashion is dead.

5. Amused says:

What in the hell? When did fashion become DELIBERATELY THROW ON ANYTHING? I must be getting old.

6. I love them all yes maam Pam!!!!

7. Gemini says:

Huh?

I am so tired of seeing cut-off denim shorts on ladies. That trend needs to die now.

8. Latanya says:

What is happening to fashion.?!? People are throwing on everything at once. Fashion does and should have a sense of rhyme and reason.

9. Marsha D says:

WTF is goin’ on in Paris??

10. llehsal says:

Sorry but no.

11. Christie says:

People need to start understanding that Fashion is variety . Just because YOU don’t like it doesn’t mean it isn’t Fashion … great designers like Jeremy Scott , Jean Michel De Castlebajac , Betsey Johnson and a few others play with sequins , prints and patterns like this ALL the time and are STILL successful … I may not be a fan of the outfits but EVERYONE has a style , that’s what sets us apart .. The braver you are in Fashion , the more recognition you will recieve . Lol

12. Marthe says:

Not everyone in Paris looks like this… (pointing to Marsha D) I actually like what they did, not my style at all either but it’s still fashion-fun! Why not? And my favourites are all the guys and the second picture of those two girls, that’s my style to the max!

13. Vanessa says:

Very different.

14. nino says:

had to comment….a mess! what the hellllllll

15. Nice pictures!! i like this variety of designer clothes