/* analytics code */
• Beyoncé stans won’t have to wait too long to see their beloved diva on the big screen.
Glee producer Ryan Murphy is working on a movie, One Hit Wonders, in which the “Single Ladies” singer will star alongside BFF Gwyneth Paltrow. Naturally, Ms. Knowles will not be playing the one hit wonder. (ELLE)
• Well, if you were going to mosey on over to Topshop after work today and casually purchase a few pieces from the Mary Katrantzou collaboration, don’t bother. It’s already sold out. Even with a limit of 1 item per customer, nearly 20 minutes after the store opened, the vast majority of the clothes were gone. So much for that! (Racked)
• Now you can buy those pearly Kanye West x Giuseppe Zanotti pumps you’ve been coveting since Yeezy’s debut runway show last October. Parisian boutique Colette has them in stores, but they are not yet available online. Think you’ll buy? (Styleite)
• Was Raf Simons fired from Jil Sander? WWD writer Bridget Foley says the designer was “unceremoniously dumped” from the label, presumably to make way for Jil Sander (the person’s) imminent return. While we don’t know this is truly the case, New York Times writer Cathy Horyn says the company never really wanted to let Simons go: “It’s not that we wanted to change designers. Raf has done a really good job. He’s one of three or four top designers in the world… it was a strategic issue to return to the culture of the brand.” Whatever happened, there’s no doubt that people are waiting to see what Simons will do next. Maybe he can help a brotha out, and serve as creative director for Kanye West (the label)? If last season’s collection is any indication, Yeezy’s line could use some direction from an actual designer. (The Cut)
• Watch W contributing fashion editor Giovanna Battaglia at work, sifting through beautiful clothes and accessories, making everyone even more jealous of her awesome job. The editrix dishes about how she went from modeling to styling, marking a run-in with Anna Dello Russo at a club as her big break with Italian Vogue. (W Magazine)