February 29th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Shopping, Solange Knowles
By Faith

From Jamaica to her hometown of Houston: Solange Knowles never stops! She was spotted lending her DJ skills to the opening of the Miu Miu store at The Galleria in Houston. For the occasion, it was only fitting she rock pieces from the brand, including a $2,350 Printed Silk Faille Mini Dress and $595 Taffeta Point Toe Bow Pumps:

Her dress features an allover lightning bolt print, a bow at the bodice, and side pockets.

Her blue taffeta pumps boast a point toe silhouette, 4″ skinny heels and bow detailing.

In case you’re wondering how Solange came up with this interesting pattern combination, check out the look on the Resort 2012 runway.

I love it! This is pure Solange: bold and feminine. I definitely need these shoes for Spring.

Are you feeling her look?

*If you must have it, get it here.

Images: CultureMap Houston

46 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Solange Knowles’s Houston Miu Miu Store Opening Miu Miu Printed Silk Faille Mini Dress and Gingham Taffeta Point Toe Bow Pumps”

1. BLKROSE says:

rarely ever impressed by Ms. Solange. I’m glad that she has found her own sense of style, but she just doesn’t catch my eye .I’ve been around her enough to know that she is not that amazing.

2. Fieldsofdreamz says:

She looks amazing and very tanned

3. Tamara says:

Yes very tan. She looks great.

4. Style says:

she looks cute and often does (her new style, not the old one), but if you notice from the Miu Miu ad she copied – her style isn’t as unique as all the Solo fans may think. she didn’t invent color-blocking and wasn’t the first to mix patterns or rock an Afro or tie a headwrap.

5. Mekajahstarfly says:

Solange is always refreshly different…. I give her props for doing her own sh$@. The outfit was right for the event…Im really loving the box braids circa. 1995…style is an art not following a trend.

I’ve never seen her look so BROWN. The second pic looks more like her skin tone. Weird.

7. that tan is banging….as she nails it once,again….hand clap for SOLO!!!!

8. Jihan says:

WOW! she looks AMAZING. I am so enamored with that tan, I need to take a trip to the motherland ASAP! My people are calling me!

9. She looks great! I like the mix of patterns and it looks like she’s glowing.

10. Sha_Ri_ta says:

Solange is beautiful.

11. Her hair is hot! The outfit is hmmm.. I wish she would have made it her own and didn’t copy the ad. I love her music though!

12. vonne says:

Beautiful tan and cute dress.

13. Bella says:

She looks amazing. Loving her tan. She just got back from Jamaica I think

14. Hannah F. says:

I do love the tan on Ms. Solo, however, I’m not so sure with the pairing. I loved the dress and shoes separately, but I’m surprised she didn’t add her own spin. I personally am on the fence with her 1993 box braids- I kinda hate it and love it all at the same time. Try again Solo!

15. Marsha D says:

All that time she spent in Jamaica is responsible for that beautiful tan! Go girl!! Luv u Solo!

16. Chimee says:

I love the look and Im in Houston hate that I missed this event!

17. Tolu says:

She looks great..

18. Loving Solange Knowles here. She is selling me the braids again. I need to put mine back in..

On the other hand, I am loving that bronze tan of hers from her recent trip to JA.. dammnnn she be looking FLYYY!!

The outfit is chic too!! This woman does no WRONG!! Love her sense of style mehnnnn

19. Asha says:

Love the tan, love the braids on her….the whole look is WERKING!

20. makeeasweet says:

She got a nice tan from her vacation.watch when her skin goes back to her normal complexion,people are going to accuse her of bleaching her skin.idiots already do that with her sister beyonce and other celebrities that are light brown.

21. JaneBMore says:

She looks cute, but I wouldn’t consider it a showstopper. I’ve seen her rock more creative looks – and I guess I’m not much of a fashionista because $2300 for that dress seems kind of silly.

22. Mona L says:

I’m more jealous of her tan than anything else

23. I had to prep at this tanned gal again I love solange!!!!

24. Nubia says:

It has to be great to do nothing all day every day and still be placed on a pedestal. She is a natural hair icon and more times then none she is wearing some variation of additional hair in her natural hair. She is photo EVERYWHERE and paid to model expensive garments. I am so over the Knowles sisters. I am glad they have had their time in the spot light, but now it should be time for other talented artist to be noticed and please stop making this young lady the be all to end all as a natural hair icon .. it was her nitch to be in the spot light since she couldn’t do it in the singing arena…. and now folks have grabbed hold and refused to let go!! Its time folks let it GO

25. Gemini says:

Love the tan, outfit & shoes!

26. Melissa says:

Great look so inspired

27. Bella says:

Nubia if it was that easy to have hot new stars there would be one. The Knowles family obviously have star quality. Stop hating. You don’t have to look at her pics or listen to Beyonce’s music. Sheesh.

28. Vanessa says:

Great mix of prints!

29. sun.kissed says:

Loves it, she looks fab! So what if she took her look straight from the add, don’t act like you’ve never done it, naysayers!

30. Shanita says:

Thank you Sol!, I am now officially READY to hit the beach for summerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Ju look good gurl!

31. Tam says:

Well Nubia, you sure had a nice tall glass of your “Bitter” punch today. Gessh!!

32. Jennifer says:

Completely off-topic, but the contrast between Solange and the other people in the photo is all kinds of amazing.

33. whatevs says:

Awww Nubia…it must be very sad in your little miserable head…sitting around all day mad about someone who doesn’t even know you exist…having the power to not click or click…but don’t have the will to
    not punish yourself…i can only imagine how this carries over into your everyday “victim” life…sigh…ladies, do betta…

her tan is beautiful.. I LOVE IT GO SOLANGE!!!

35. BLKROSE says:

Attack Nubia because she doesn’t like the boho/vintage/afrocentric looks of Solange. Plenty of people are not impressed by what this lady wears, especially with those horrible braids. Not everyone is going to find beyonce’s little siser style fly. Solange is loud, annoying, and is quick to go off. If you know her personally you would not give her the time of day. when she walks in a room, I swear people roll their eyes.

36. Dobe says:

LOL @ Nubia and BLKROSE! I thought we were observing the outfit… but ok.

37. Cherokee says:

Solange can do no wrong. Love her style.

38. Jessica says:

She does it once again!! I f’in love me some Solange. I’m so glad that she has her own limelight now.

39. Dash! says:

@Style It’s now always about who’s the first to wear it, it’s how you wear it. I believe that’s why her fans love her so much because anything she wears she wears it with confidence and style.

40. Essejaye says:

Wow, SHE LOOKS AMAZING! Love the individuality of this chick. Hair I’m soo feeling (throwback lol) and the tan i’m so jealous. She is absolutely glowing! go de gyal!!!

41. katie says:

I like the outfit, but she stole from the ad. If that’s the case, why are we featuring her? I mean really?

42. Porsche says:

She literally has never looked better and I am not a fan of hers.

Her skins looks amazing and her style a little less forced. She needs to move to J.A and only come back to for events!

43. krystel says:

She gotta tan ..huh.

44. Dannywms says:

Go ahead girl I like that dress on you it makes you look sexy and pretty

45. nopsWhinano says:

It is not usually recommended to start utilizing shoe lifts with out prior consultation having a doctor who specializes within this region, or a minimum of together with your personal general doctor
    shoe lifts

46. nopsWhinano says:

You do not need to suffer with leg discrepancies or pay hundreds of dollars for unique shoes whenever you choose shoe lifts insoles
    shoe lifts