February 29th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Christian Louboutin, Hot or Hmm, Rihanna
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Rihanna left a London hotel this week wearing quite the experimental outfit. The “Birthday Cake” singer opted for an all-denim ensemble, with a pair of spiked shorts layered over a button down tied around her waist. She finished off her look with yet another denim button down shirt, fitted cap, and Christian Louboutin Sea.nn Girl thigh high boots.

The outfit is creative, to say the least. I understand her desire to try something different, but perhaps the look would have been better executed had she chosen a different color shirt to layer under those shorts. Anything to avoid the three-piece Texas Tuxedo look she’s rocking here.

What do you think?

~Jihan

*Riri was seen in the same boots a few weeks ago, when she debuted her new blonde hair:

When did she wear ‘em best?

Posted In
33 comments

33 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm… Rihanna’s London Denim Button Down Blouse, Spiked Shorts, and Christian Louboutin Sea.nn Girl Thigh High Boots”

1. Aisha says:

I think a lot of us have been thinking it and no one has said anything. Sometimes Rihanna just wakes up and reaches in the dark for her clothes then pushes it off as amazing. I’m not feeling this even a little bit and I honestly think she is somewhere laughing and the people who will copy this outfit.

2. love says:

I don’t like the boots. And I think in the first pic her bff Melissa is dressed better. Rih gets a big azz hmmmmm but as usual her body looks great!!

3. MEKA says:

This what happens when you do lines of coke.

4. Kitty B. says:

O_o

As always at least her makeup is great!

5. Nakia P says:

Please someone call her old stylist back

6. jo jo says:

Not a fan of the boots (is it just me or do they look like they come with built in phone cases)… and am I the only one wondering how she’d be able to sit in those spikey shorts?

I’m usually a fan of Rih’s looks, but these are kinda frumpy

7. Marthe says:

That woman next to her, i don’t know her but GOD SHE IS FABULOUS. I love that outfit so much!

8. anon says:

I prefer Melissa’s outfit.

lol@ Texas Tuxedo! In Texas most people refer to it as a Canadian tuxedo hahaha.

9. Dana says:

Tramp-ISH!

10. Bella says:

I FUCKING LOVE IT !!!!

11. Vanessa says:

I’m feelin the woman next to her. I’m justnot going to pay Rih any mind. She’s doin this mess on purpose.

12. Jennifer says:

It has become abundantly clear that Rihanna is no longer interested in being a fashion icon.

13. Ayana says:

I like the boots with the oversized sweater best.

14. Star says:

Melissa looks bomb ! you should do a interview with her ! “breaking into fashion” even though I know she’s Rihannas bff it would still be nice to hear her outlook on fashion and the industry being a woman of color.

15. Chiga M says:

She got that omg I went to bathroom and accidentally the shirt tucked inside the shorts look. She can own it, but not average chicks.

16. sun.kissed says:

I like it from the waist up.

17. binks says:

Girl stop…seriously stop it with these ridiculous looks

18. Mekajahstarfly says:

Keep tryin Rhi Rhi ….one of these days you might tap into some real creativity. You got too much access to fashion n money to be looking like that. But once u become a stoner u start to dress like one.

19. Honey chile…. she looks a hot steaming mess! All of these pieces would look better if they were worn separately.

20. katie says:

I don’t know about her doing drugs, but it would explain a lot.

21. B. says:

Love it. She looks amazing. No way would I ever wear it because it would look atrocious on the ordinary person, but she’s not trying to be ordinary, she’s a celebrity, she’s trying to stand out.

I love the edgy approach she’s taking and the inspiration she is clearly garnering from British punk.

22. That outfit with the orange top is amazing to me. I think the boots are alright and I love the spiked shorts with the denim top. I must say, thought, I don’t get the shirt under the shorts thing that she did.

23. vonne says:

I like the pieces separately. A few years back, during the ‘Good Girl Gone Bad’ period, Rihanna’s dress sense was top notch but nowadays she just looks disheveled.

24. Mads says:

The only other people I can think of in London that dress like this frequent dark alleys in Kings Cross or Soho. Lady of the night is not a good look.

25. haha, Melissa does wear nice stuff. Her best friend and assistant. I’m not sure i’m not feeling what she has been rocking lately. It works for her though.

26. Shanita says:

Nope

27. i just can’t get past her hair. it’s awful. and her styling makes her hair look that much worse.

can’t say i like any of these looks, not even a little bit. she used to be edgy now she just looks trashy.

28. Mona L says:

Hot Hot Hot!!!!!!

29. Ashley says:

She said 3 piece Texas tuxedo!!!! I’m over here DYING!!! lolololol.

30. Now to the Left Coast says:

I just don’t think she cares anymore.

31. Carri says:

I usually love when she pulls out the rocker style. Did you see her in that Love Child shirt from Lyric Culture? It was fantastic, I’m just not sure what she’s doing with those spiked shorts…