February 28th, 2012
Fashion News, Naomi Campbell
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

20120228-114326.jpg
• Who better than veteran model Naomi Campbell to close the Roberto Cavalli Fall 2012 show? The 41-year old model showed those youngin’s how it’s done in a sparkling eggplant gown with plunging neckline.

If there was an Oscar for world’s greatest model,” said Cavalli, “then I would give it to Naomi Campbell, no question.” What? Not recent Harvard graduate and seasoned actress Tyra Banks? (Telegraph)

• Duchess of sensible footwear Kate Middleton is looking to diversify her shoe game. She will chose from six sketches made by aspiring shoe designers at University of Leicester, and choose a winning pair to wear at the Queen’s Diamond jubilee. Some of these shoes are a little wacky, even for me, but I’ll bet KMidd will choose the least ostentatious pair.(Daily Mail)

• A few lucky fashion insiders got to take a sneak peek at the Met Costume Institute’s Elsa Schiaparelli/ Miuccia Prada retrospective during Milan Fashion Week. While she’s flattered to be sharing an exhibit with such a legendary designer, Prada is still a bit confused as to why they’re being honored together. “When I think of her, I think of the past,” she said. Yeah, I’ll have to agree– it is a little random. Either way, I can’t wait to see the exhibit! (Daily Mail)

• Jewelry company Dannijo is branching out and creating “jewelry for your feet” with their newest shoe collection, a collaboration with footwear brand Matt Bernson. The five-piece range will include everything from booties to mary janes– all with a generous sprinkling of glitter. The collection will be available on the Matt Bernson and Dannijo websites, and also on shopbop. Will you be buying? (WWD)

• Could Christopher Kane be going to Dior? Fashion writer Suzy Menkes seems to think so. In a piece for The New York Times, Menkes decries the fashion rumor mill exacerbated by Twitter, but then goes on to bring up some juicy gossip of her own. “But what if — as the rumor mill claims — Mr. Kane has been put up for the Dior job? There will be yet another round of musical chairs,” she says. All I know, is Dior better make some decisions soon! (NYT)

~Jihan

10 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Naomi Campbell Closes Roberto Cavalli Fall 2012, A Sneak Peek at The Schiaparelli-Prada Exhibit, and Christopher Kane to Dior?”

1. say what you want about that Naomi…she is it!
    The fashion world lives for her antics.

2. mi manning says:

I…think… it may be time for Naomi to retire! Black is crackin’ right now!

3. Ms Lady says:

Yes ma’am, Naomi is a model’s model!! She is the world’s best… and can still do it, and in sample size no less.

4. noirmuse says:

In my opinion, Naomi still has the best walk!

5. Anika says:

He’s right though, Naomi is still killing it in shows and spreads. Tyra couldn’t maintain hence her quitting.

6. The HPDL says:

someone always has to try to find something bad to say… nothing abiut naomi is cracking she is flawless…. she may crack somebody in the head with her cell phone lol but nevertheless shes gorgeous

7. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

Naomi does not crack. Sincerely, her #1 stan. *Now duck, because a bejeweled cell phone is comin for ya!*

8. Christie says:

This is a rumor … I have Women’s Wear Daily , Christopher Kane is NOT going to be at the helm of Dior .

9. Jihan says:

@Christie, yes as I mentioned in the post it is indeed a rumor, and today Kane denied it… after this post was pubbed.

10. Dede says:

I did hear some rumors about a 60th aavrneisnry celebration (in Versailles?) . and then Valentino’s 45th. Maybe, hopefully, a revival of couture spirit? I could write ages about the blah blah couture never died spiel, but will save you from my ramblings.