Fashion Bomb TV
Subscribe to our mailing list
• Who better than veteran model Naomi Campbell to close the Roberto Cavalli Fall 2012 show? The 41-year old model showed those youngin’s how it’s done in a sparkling eggplant gown with plunging neckline.
“If there was an Oscar for world’s greatest model,” said Cavalli, “then I would give it to Naomi Campbell, no question.” What? Not recent Harvard graduate and seasoned actress Tyra Banks? (Telegraph)
• Duchess of sensible footwear Kate Middleton is looking to diversify her shoe game. She will chose from six sketches made by aspiring shoe designers at University of Leicester, and choose a winning pair to wear at the Queen’s Diamond jubilee. Some of these shoes are a little wacky, even for me, but I’ll bet KMidd will choose the least ostentatious pair.(Daily Mail)
• A few lucky fashion insiders got to take a sneak peek at the Met Costume Institute’s Elsa Schiaparelli/ Miuccia Prada retrospective during Milan Fashion Week. While she’s flattered to be sharing an exhibit with such a legendary designer, Prada is still a bit confused as to why they’re being honored together. “When I think of her, I think of the past,” she said. Yeah, I’ll have to agree– it is a little random. Either way, I can’t wait to see the exhibit! (Daily Mail)
• Jewelry company Dannijo is branching out and creating “jewelry for your feet” with their newest shoe collection, a collaboration with footwear brand Matt Bernson. The five-piece range will include everything from booties to mary janes– all with a generous sprinkling of glitter. The collection will be available on the Matt Bernson and Dannijo websites, and also on shopbop. Will you be buying? (WWD)
• Could Christopher Kane be going to Dior? Fashion writer Suzy Menkes seems to think so. In a piece for The New York Times, Menkes decries the fashion rumor mill exacerbated by Twitter, but then goes on to bring up some juicy gossip of her own. “But what if — as the rumor mill claims — Mr. Kane has been put up for the Dior job? There will be yet another round of musical chairs,” she says. All I know, is Dior better make some decisions soon! (NYT)
All images on www.the-fashion-bomb.com and www.fashionbombdaily.com are readily available on the internet and believe to be in public domain. Images posted are believed to be published according to the U.S Copyright Fair Use Act(title 17, U.S. Code.). Copyright ® 2006-2015 The Fashion Bomb LLC. ® 2006-2015 All text herein is property of the author and may not be copied or reproduced without explicit permission.