February 27th, 2012
Celebrity Style, On the Scene
On the Scene: The 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party
By Faith

We gave you the scoop on the looks at the 84th Annual Academy Awards, but there were even more chic ensembles at the 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party.

From some of fashion’s hottest designers to a few stylish athletes and couples, both the ladies and gents worked it.

Zoe Saldana

Robin Thicke and Paula Patton

Jennifer Lopez
Sanaa Lathan

Serena Williams

Sofia Vergara

Venus Williams

Rosario Dawson

See the rest here:

My best-dressed picks go to Zoe Saldana in Marios Schwab and Jennifer Lopez shutting it down in Zuhair Murad yet again. I also loved Serena Williams and Rosario Dawson for their amazing use of brights, definitely standing out on the red carpet.

Who had your favorite looks?

Images: WENN.com and Getty

36 Responses to “On the Scene: The 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party”

1. mary says:

yes to rosario and venus!!!! is it me or should j lo give up the deeeeeeeeep v plunge front dresses???? her chest isnt really up for it anymore

2. NikkiBellaRay says:

Loving Sanaa and Venus!!!

3. Dannielle says:

I do not like Serena’s dress. The color is beautiful, but the dress is not cute to me. I don’t like Paula’s dress either.

Venus looks nice though and her legs look great

@mary…yes, I would love to see JLo in something other than plunging dresses

4. Sandra says:

Serena no bueno.

5. T1K says:

I like Paula’s dress, who is it by?? I’ve been looking for a feather dress like that for an upcoming event. I’m sure I can’t afford Paula’s one tough -_-

6. Alison says:

Venus looks great.. i have to say this is the best i have seen her.. sister on the other hand that dress is not working .. the color is not her color .. serena thats a fail. Paula always have this school girl thing about her .. time to grow up.

7. jamie says:

jlo support ur girls plz..

8. Kairi says:

Zoe, Sanaa, Serena and Rosario worked ALL of it! Love it!

9. Kahalia says:

I know what Rosario was trying to do with that dress. Color block a la Olivia Wilde in that Gucci jumper, or June Ambrose when she killed it in teal or even the blush and crimson on Rachel Roy. ..But here it falls flat. Something is not right. I think its the red and violet and turquoise combo. Think about just the red and turq, yep. The turq and violet yep. Even the red and violet. But all three were a fail. In this case colorblocking (or just wearing color) did not work out.

10. Taj says:

Jennifer Lopez, Regina King, and Sanaa Lathan were standouts for me.

11. Brandon says:

Serena Williams and Jennifer Lopez for the WINNNNNN!!!!

12. Crystal says:

@T1K…bebe had a cute dress similar.

Ok J.Lo…I love you with all my heart but you’re done the plunging neckline to death and it’s really not THAT flattering on you.
    OMGoodness Serena and Zoe…those dresses are ugly.
    Sanaa looks pretty but she looks like a bride.

13. whatevs says:

Both of the Williams ladies look great to me…

jlo stop already…u are not pulling off the Morticia look…

14. Jennifer says:

Serena looks great! The silhouette is balancing out those muscles wonderfully. And when has mustard ever not worked on darker skin?! O_O

Hey Venus girl!

Sophia’s my favorite, followed by J. Lo—though I do agree, she could stand to try another cut.

15. Dom says:

@ T1K I just saw a dress like it at BeBe last week. A bit pricy for their stuff, but cute.

16. MiDe says:

Love Rosario’s dress, although I’m not too sure about the color combo. I really like everyone’s makeup :)

17. Man, J Lo is all about those plunging neckline dresses! Remember the Versace jungle print dress in green that she’s known for? Well I think I love this one equally as much and I love Sofia Vergara as well. White is always classic in my eyes.

18. Candace says:

Regina King looks amazing. And while JLO is repeating the same look it still kills.

19. Vanessa says:

Everyone looked great. I loveit.

20. andie says:

Sanaa is best dressed. Zoe’s dress is off and I’m over J.Lo wearing the same dress. I also like Venus and Rosario’s dresses but not on them, sorry

21. KBS says:

Jenny and Sanaa for the win. Jlo is 42 with twins, take notes!

22. CG says:

I love Paula & Robin!!

23. Sharon says:

JLO KILLED IT!!!! *APPLAUSE*

24. JR says:

sofia and Jenny from the block!

25. Meme says:

WOW Venus’ dress is A-MAH-ZING!!!!!!:)
    Sanaa & JLo look real nice!
    Not really a fan of Paula Patton’s dress!

livingmemoir-ja.blogspot.com/

26. sun.kissed says:

Yes to everyone minus Zoe and Paula. Poor Paula never gets it right. I like Serena’s dress, but what’s with that side pony tail? Not cute.

27. Tiff says:

Serena has been giving major face as of late! Lovely color choice. Everyone looks great.

28. lanenabuena says:

Serena looks like a drag queen, she really picks the most unflattering outfits for her frame…. Paula Patton looks cute, Jlo looks beautiful her body is still amazing yes I would like to see her in something different but you can’t deny that she is stunning and that she still has a banging body, Sanaa Lathan wow! Her figure is amazing! She looks wonderful. Sofia Vergara que hermosa mami siempre estas muy bellosa! Muah!, Rosario Dawson preety face thumbs down for that dress…… =0(

29. binks says:

The Williams sisters for the win…everyone looks decent but more the same and did j-lo wear that dress before….

30. Abby says:

Paula Patton is just a happy lady, can’t blame anyone for that :-) and her dress was cute but I did not like the shoes. Save for the ugly color combination the silhouette of Rosario’s dress was awesome. Everyone looked pretty decent and who knew George Lucas had a black wife?

31. Fashionbum82 says:

Venus for the win!!!

32. Ej says:

JLO we get it…now please stop with the plunging V neck lines. Fashion is so much more!

33. peace craze says:

Serena looks ok the color is great , the fit is the problem

34. SlimB says:

Loveee Sanaa Lathan , she looks & is dressed the best to me.

35. JenG says:

I thought it was me, but some of you thought that dress was a no go for Serena too. She is dumpy in it to me.