February 27th, 2012
Accessories, Celebrity Style, Spring Wardrobe, Trend
5 Spring 2012 Trends: Mint, Pastels, Neon, and more!

Spring is fast approaching, and it’s high time to start getting ready for warm weather with a host of fun trends. From mint colors to pastel palettes and neon flourishes, we’ve got what’s hot for spring, plus how to wear it and where to buy it!

Mint

As seen at: Diane von Furstenberg, Tibi, Vera Wang.

From Left: Diane von Furstenberg, Vera Wang, Tibi

How to Wear it:

Add some flavor to your wardrobe with a few key minty pieces (yum!). Whether you rock a sweater like Kanye, or a full on dress like June Ambrose, you can’t go wrong:

Get it for under $100 here:

Neon:

As seen at: Peter Som, Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, Ruffian, Rodarte, Nanette Lepore.

From Left: Nanette Lepore, Rag & Bone, Peter Som

How to Wear it:

Color block with flair or throw a neon blazer over a black jumpsuit a la Lala. Though mixing with neutrals is surely safe, you truly have fun when you go neon on neon. Wear a bright pair of pants with a pink belt, or go the Nanette Lepore route mixing punchy green with bright orange.

Get it for under $100 here:

Pastels

As seen at: Prada, Preen, 3.1. Philip Lim, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Chloé.

From Left: Preen, Prada, 3.1 Phillip Lim

How to wear it:

Layer your pastels with spunk–don’t be afraid to look like a chic easter egg. If you’re more demure, pair a baby blue blazer with jeans like Dwyane Wade:

Get it for under $100 here:

Tangerine

As seen at: Vivienne Tam, Jill Stuart, Jenny Packham, Alexander McQueen, Charlotte Ronson.

From Left: Vivienne Tam, Jenny Packham, Jill Stuart

How to Wear it:

Don’t dilute this tone by pairing with other colors. Go bold in full on orange in a jumpsuit or a flirty dress:

Get it for under $100 here:

Peplums:

As seen at: Vera Wang, Thakoon, Jason Wu, Cushnie et Ochs, Givenchy.

From Left: Thakoon, Givenchy, Jason Wu

How to wear it:

There really is no wrong way! Purchase a dress fit with its own peplum, or take a cue from Kerry with a peplumed blazer. Bonus: this style helps conceal pudgy tummies. Win/win:

Get if for under $100 here:

Which trends will you be trying?
Smootches!
*Need beauty tips? Get your fix here.

25 Responses to “5 Spring 2012 Trends: Mint, Pastels, Neon, and more!”

1. Apple says:

I’m sure I will try all of the trends at least once this Spring. I love neon colors the most.

2. bougiehippie says:

Gaga called the mint!

3. Jen says:

Kerry Washington is perfection!

4. love! will be trying all of these.

5. mesa says:

I already own a few shirts thst have the pepulum look. I def wanna give the mint, pastels, a try. Oh and I just love tangerine this year, I have a blazer by h&m that I just love!,

6. NikkiBellaRay says:

I fell in love with the pastel pieces from the fall…but most def the mint and tangerine, a must do!

7. T1K says:

Have I mentioned how much I ADORE you Fashionbombdaily?!?

8. ShardeMonet says:

omg, yes to peplum, MINT GREEN , NEONS and pastels totally in love, with those steve maddens in mint green as well

9. Vanessa says:

I’m on the mint and the peplum trend. I didnt know about tangerine at all. The neon blocking seems pretty cool but I cant invest in something ill probably wear once…maybe I Should find a dress or something tho… Pastels are great every spring!

10. Danielle says:

Can’t wait! Brown skin in mint, tangerine, and pastels equals win, win, and WIN!

11. sun.kissed says:

I’ve been a neon girl for the past 3 years, but I’m dying to get some mint pieces into my wardrobe. I went on the hunt for June’s dress today and they only had a size 2! I have a few vintage peplums that I love and pull out from time to time and I just ordered a tangerine dress last week. Spring, here I come!

12. Meme says:

I have my pastels & tangerine ready for spring!

livingmemoir-ja.blogspot.com/

13. binks says:

Love it all except peplums I just can’t see it working on a curvy figure without adding bulk :(

14. Jaz says:

Everything except the peplum. I cant see it working on my very bottom heavy figure, I get the sense that it would make my hips bigger

15. mak says:

i’m really feeling the peplum. gotta get shopping!

16. krystel says:

Love it all

17. Tea Todd says:

I love all these trends. Will I wear them? I don’t think so. But I really love the orange dress Jennifer rocked. I will try that look for sure. The peplum shirt I will not be rocking, already have hips don’t need to add to them.

18. Lish says:

I love all the trends. I own a pair of mint stone washed jeans from Forever 21 I paired it with a white tank and a loose fitting zebra cardigan.

Today at work I went bright. I wore a bright teal pencil skirt. A white french cuff button up blouse and a HOT pink blazer…I’ve been having alot of fun lately!

19. Ayana says:

I love peplums! They make my h-frame look more curvy!

20. Laura says:

Have totally embraced the spring pastel colours and just loving them too!

x

Were are the men

22. ChiHou says:

I don’t think Solange can do any fashion wrong–get it girl! I can’t wait to incorporate mint and neons, those will be perfect for the “Haute” Houston weather.

23. tt says:

many of the looks are hott! solange definitely is more of a fashionista than her big sister.

24. Fashion News says:

I especially love mint green! It’s so amazing and refreshing!

25. chris says:

Does anyone know where to find a baby blue blazer like D Wade!?!