• In “you whylin’” news, a 27 year-old Ohio woman tried to hire a hit man to kill any person over the age of 14 seen wearing fur. No, you read that correctly. Merdeith Marie Lowell, probable P.E.T.A supporter and definite crazy person, put out an advertisement on Facebook searching for an executioner.
Her post was immediately picked up by an FBI agent, and her plan was subsequently foiled. She offered $850 for the job, money which could have bought a very nice fur stole. (Jezebel)
• Glee star Amber Riley has always been confident about her weight, but chronic stomach pains caused by an unhealthy diet made her rethink her eating: “I decided I was going to make a change and eat healthier,” she said, remarking that fast foods “were attacking my stomach.” If you’ve noticed, the actress has been rocking a trimmer figure; “I’ve dropped two dress sizes!”, she told People. Good for her! (Daily Mail)
• Are you wearing skinny jeans? Are you still alive? Count your lucky stars, then. A medical report say that your too-tight skinny jeans can cause nerve problems, abdominal discomfort and (gasp!) blood clots in the legs. How can one avoid certain death by denim? Wear jeans that fit. (Jezebel)
• Effective today, Raf Simons has left Jil Sander as creative director of the brand. Fashion insiders are now speculating he could be next in line at Dior. The intrigue mounts. (Fashionista)
• Mary Katrantzou has designed an Easter Egg for the Fabergé Easter Egg Hunt in London. You can bid on the giant floral-embellished egg, which will be on display at the Mayfair Hotel for 40 days and 40 nights. Proceeds will go to one of the several charities the Egg Hunt supports, including Action for Children and Elephant Family. I wonder if the egg has a treat in it; like, I don’t know, a dress from Katrantzou’s Fall 2012 collection, maybe? (Incentive Travel)
• The Lifestyle Mirror goes into Margherita Macapani Missoni‘s apartment, to chat about her sartorial proclivities. Both are fabulous. (Lifestyle Mirror)