February 21st, 2012
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• What’s a girl gotta do to get some free clothes up in here? Rapper Azealia Banks has charmed her way into the hearts of the fashion elite, performing at Karl Lagerfeld‘s Parisian home and working with Mugler Creative Director and Lady Gaga stylist, Nicola Formichetti. But that doesn’t necessarily mean the freebies are rolling in. When Fashionista asked Ms. Banks if she’s getting gifts from designers, she responded “Not as much as I would like!” Looks like Azealia Banks and I have the same problem! (Fashionista)

America’s Next Top Model is going international for their 18th cycle, pitting 7 up-and-coming American models against 7 Britain’s Next Top Model All-Stars. Will it be the picture of rachetness? Most likely. There are real tears falling down to my ears at the American girl saying “bring it, trick” to one of the British contestants in this video clip. The madness starts Wednesday, February 29th. I’ll be watching. Will you?  (The Cut)

• Also coming February 29th is Mary Katranzou’s Topshop collection. The date originally  given for the U.S. release was wrong. So, you have one more week to save your pennies before it drops!

• Welp. Rihanna did that “Birthday Cake” remix with Chris Brown after all. She’s also on Breezy’s remix for “Turn Up The Music.” (Hello Beautiful)

• Since it will be months before we plebes are able to see Tom Ford‘s Fall 2012 collection, we will imagine its hauteness through reviews written by various fashion critics. So far, we know that there’s lots of animal print, fur (we’re talking beaver, skunk, and alpaca), modern (but classic) menswear-inspired silhouettes, and plenty of red and black. So… I gather it’s pretty flawless? (Styleite)

~Jihan

10 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Azealia Banks Wants More Free Clothes, Take A Look At ANTM’s Cycle 18 Sneak Peek, and Tom Ford’s Fall 2012 Collection Sounds Amazing”

1. Bella says:

Azealia Banks needs to stop worrying about clothes and take her of that travesty on her head. She is giving me j.hud, Brandy, and
    Roman Zolanski x 100 with those terrible wigs chile

2. katie says:

*sigh* @ RhiRhi. I blame the culture for this normalizing brutality against women, that’s why he’s still here. JFC

3. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

The song was too vulgar for my taste, and I don’t think CB really matured or owned up to his issues at all. He still has to lash out at everyone who brings it up, when a person who has really learned something would ignore the comments and naysayers and control their temper. And Azealia honey, a little lesson in manners: when you stop asking or looking like you’re gonna ask, that’s when they’ll give you stuff. Nobody likes feeling put upon. Good gracious, this week just started and I’m feeling like a throwback to the 1920s!

4. Ms. Cheeks says:

Is it wrong for a man to hit a woman absolutely! I’m not saying Chris Brown is a saint but if Rihanna is able to forgive him and move on, why can’t other people also do the same. To constantly bring up someone’s past is not only a hinderance to that individual, but why remind someone of place that they are trying to move forward from? Chris is still young and has a lot of maturing to do, I will say that. However it is time to remove ourselves from February 2009 and move onward now.

And why is it that when Ryan O’Neal is interviewed no one ever brings up how he beat Farrach Fawcett. Instead they focus on the lack of a relationship that he had with his daugther Tatum.

Why would you want to be constanly reminded of when you use to be fat, or skinny or the odd man out?

5. Vanessa says:

SMH. Oh RihRih, Always a rebel. Can’t wait to see Tom Ford’s collection.

6. Dee says:

Interesting at Riri and Breezy. I know I should be focusing on the story itself but Tom Ford is so yummy. LOL!

7. Ronnie says:

Ms. Banks can spit and after N. Minage ill take her any way, any how. Riri and Chris can do what they want cus all they owe me is good music not their lives!

8. Katie says:

“why can’t other people also do the same.”
    Because we don’t own him anything? O_o

“And why is it that when Ryan O’Neal is interviewed no one ever brings up how he beat Farrach Fawcett.
    Because we’re not talking about him. That’s why, some people stay on topic.

” However it is time to remove ourselves from February 2009 and move onward now.”
    I’ll move on when I’m good and ready.

9. Whit says:

@Katie you sound like a two year old.

10. Hey! says:

We all know if Riri and CB werent famous and this happened the two would still be together. I am however excited for Ford’s collection.