February 15th, 2012
Fashion News, Nicki Minaj
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

It ain’t over yet! We’ve still got two days of New York Fashion Week left before the madness moves to London. Here’s what’s up for today: 9AM Whitney Eve, 10AM Michael Kors 10:30-11:30AM Rochambeau, 11AM Nanette Lepore, 12PM Ports 1961, 1PM Joanna Mastroianni, 2-4PM Levi’s, 2PM J. Mendel, 2:30-3:30PM Suzanne Rae, 3PM Milly by Michelle Smith, STAGE 5PM Farah Angasana, 6PM Anna Sui, 6:30-7:30PM Nomia, 7PM Vivienne Tam, 8PM B Michael America

Nicki Minaj is Photoshopped to the gods on the cover of Vibe magazine’s March issue. (Necole Bitche)

Julissa Bermudez walked the runway for Betsey Johnson on Monday, slipping off her textured leopard-printed jacket with the greatest of ease. Work, Juju!

• Talk about the ill high street collaboration! Yesterday, J.Crew showed their Fall 2012 collection, which included footwear by none other than Manolo Blahnik. The two iconic brands will bring a range of simple pointy-toe pumps in a variety of colors and patterns (41 in all) to the masses next season, with prices starting at $595 and going up to $645, which is only slightly cheaper than a pair of mainline Manolos. Ready your credit cards, ladies! (WWD)

Viola Davis was spotted front row at Vera Wang‘s Fall 2012 show seated next to Anna Wintour, which I wager is a welcome alternative to last season’s most buzzed about coupling with Nicki Minaj. Seated to Ms. Davis’s right were her husband, Julius Tennon and our beloved André Leon Talley. It has happened on quite a few occasions that Ms. Wintour’s Fashion Week front row neighbors have gone on become Vouge covergirls. Does this mean that Viola Davis could be featured on the cover of a future issue of US Vouge? I hope so. If you remember, Nicki Minaj’s people are also hoping to snag a cover of the fashion bible as well. Dare we hope for two black covergirls in one year? (The Cut)

~Jihan

18 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Nicki Minaj Covers Vibe‘s March Issue, J.Crew Collaborates with Manolo Blahnik, And Viola Davis Sits Next to Anna Wintour at Vera Wang”

1. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

Please say YES to Viola, and NO to Nicki!

2. Nicole says:

Jesus Wept @ Nicki…that’s a person that i just dont get.

3. A-Danielle says:

Black women: the new fashion accessory

4. Dee says:

Manolo is collaborating with any mass market retailer is a shocker to me. Never thought he would.

5. Brandi says:

I give up hope that this chick will one day look decent. At least she got a wig without those stupid bangs…way past time for a hairstyle change!

6. Shalanda says:

I hope Davis gets the cover. A WOC that looks like a REAL WOC.

7. I wouldn’t go so far as to call Viola an accessory thats a big insult in my opinion. Anna doesn’t even look like she is chatting with her in the slightest anyway. Viola is a veteran actress and she has had a great year if anything i would expect that maybe she is guest with Andre’ either way, I hope she gets more covers she is beautiful and judging by the pictures they posted of her awhile ago she is a lovely person to photograph.

8. Dobe says:

It’s spelled “Vogue”, and it would be wonderful to see Ms. Viola on the cover. She’s deserving of it, as are many other Black women… but Nicki Minaj? Not so much.

9. Sandy says:

Never got the big hoopla about Anna Wintour….still trying to figure out why she’s even relevant. Why she’s looking so angry in that pic is beyond me, yes Anna black people exist. Self aggrandizing people urk me, you’re not that important.

10. Mel says:

And what exactly is a “real” WOC?

11. Fashionbum82 says:

@ Mel I believe WOC is Woman of Color but im not sure.

12. Mel says:

Okay then thanks:) but what makes her real as opposed to another WOC? I don’t understand.

13. MyfirstloveisParis says:

@ Sandy Why the assumption that Anna Wintour is displeased because she is sitting next a black woman? Viola isn’t looking to happy herself. Could it be that they are not enjoying the collection? Is it not possible that Anna is upset with the companion to her other side? Afterall, Anna is notoriously dour.

I’m irritated with people jumping to conclusions and making brash assumptions with absolutely nothing to substantiate them

14. Christie says:

If I ever EVER saw Nicki on the cover of Vogue , I would literally DIE . Color aside , can’t stand her or this image and message she portrays . Id rather the cover to be someone ….inspiring .

15. makeeasweet says:

whats a REAL women of color???.people are such idiots

16. Jihan says:

@Sandy: How is the EIC of the world’s most iconic fashion magazine, the most powerful woman in fashion, and 69th most powerful woman in the world *not* relevant?

17. Indigo says:

I see Viola Davis is making her rounds O_o I agree with Sandy,something about this picture urks me…but hey that’s the fake,kiss,kiss world. You have to be seen with the queen of mean,if you know what I mean. She “made it” I hope they don’t Michael Clarke Duncan her.

18. Sandy says:

It’s just my opinion that i just don’t find her that relevant…