February 13th, 2012
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

20120213-231122.jpg

• We’re on day 5 of New York Fashion Week, and there are some pretty fab shows lined up today: 9-10AM Negarin, 9AM Jenny Packham, 10AM Carolina Herrera, 11AM Carlos Miele, 1PM Zang Toi, 1:30-2:30PM Emilio Cavallini, 2PM Donna Karan New York, 3PM Reem Acra, 4PM Yeohlee, 5PM Bibhu Mohapatra, 6PM Betsey Johnson, 6:30-7:30PM Leather Japan 2012, 7PM Prete & Bruno. (MBFW)

• Celebrity stylist June Ambrose dished about her boredom with the fashions she’s seen on the red carpet this awards season: “I’m expecting to see lots of color at the Grammys — a lot of rock star attitude, you know?… I’m actually going to be reporting on what the Grammys and Oscars are going to look like… The Globes were kind of like, so muted and safe, and I’m really hoping that the opulent femininity kind of returns again.” We’d have to agree on that, especially after all those wonderful Paris couture shows, it’s time for celebrities to bring it! (Styleite)

Sephora by OPI is set to release a six-shade capsule of nail polishes and nail tip designs they designed with none other than Betsey Johnson. One of the shades, “It’s My Pink,” is Betsey ‘s signature hot pink, scented newest fragrance Too Too. Catch the line in Sephora stores next month! (WWD)

• February 18th, Jennifer Lopez will launch her 18th (why so many?) and newest fragrance, Glowing, which the American Idol judge describes as “a soapy, clean scent,” and “kind of New York-y,” whatever that means. Intrigued? Glowing will be in stores this May. (People StyleWatch)

• If you missed it, take a look at Jennifer Hudson’s rousing tribute to the late Whitney Houston, who died suddenly this weekend. (Youtube)

14 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: June Ambrose Bored With Red Carpets, Jennifer Lopez to Launch Yet Another Fragrance, and Watch Jennifer Hudson’s Grammy Award Tribute to Whitney Houston”

1. cheeky says:

hmmm…i love J Hud but i was not in love with that tribute performance…

2. Gemini says:

I enjoyed the tribute performance. She created her own rendition of the song in a way.

3. Mona L says:

Neither was I BET awards better BRING it this June!!!!

4. Kishonda says:

I thought Jennifer did a wonderful job. I can’t think of anyone who could have done better short notice with such emotion. Rip Whitney.

5. Caribbelle says:

Kim Burrell and even Ledesi would have killed that tribute but Jennifer did a nice job. I’m not mad at Jennifer Lopez for dominating the fragrance industry, get in where you fit in!!

6. EntertainmentsFuture says:

Jen did a modest version of what she actually did for Whitney @ BET Honors. I can understand considering she was still visibly shaken and emotional. But I know she can RIP that song. @ Mona L I was saying the same thing, BET betta bring it and give Whitney the tribute she rightfully deserves. Not that ratchedness they did calling it a tribute to MJ.
    I need June’s Pink suit!!!

7. june ambrose is everything!!! I adore that look !!!!! that was not a tribute just ….nope!!!! she did look great though…they could’ve done more!!!!

8. Kitty B. says:

I dont see why so many ppl were so disappointed with the performance. I thought it was very fitting for the occasion considering Whitney’s passing happened a more then 24hrs before. It was simple, sweet and to the point for a somber atmosphere. And I have a lot of respect for Jennifer in doing this, I couldnt imagine getting a call that my idol passed (the who i based my career off of) and having to come sing a tribute to her. In my opinion WELL DONE!!

now I love me some Betsey, but her “Too-Too” fragrance is a No-No, I can’t

And wow did they photoshop the hell out of J. Lo

9. sun.kissed says:

I agree with Kitty B. Jennifer did a wonderful job and SANG that song. You can’t have high expectations for a tribute that was added 2 days before a show that had been in preparation for months. Stop complaining.

10. Shaniece says:

J hud did a great job she also looked more hippie than usual ?? or was it just me ?? The performance for the song was ok but due to the fact she was getting emotional, I think she cut the song really short considering she usually brings it.

11. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

That’s JLo?! Somebody was really heavy-handed with the Photoshop!

12. Shelly says:

I too want BET to go ALL OUT at their awards, and I’m sure they will. And I understand the emotion that J. Hud must have felt singing that song…but I couldn’t help noticing the horrible hair/lace-front she had on, smh. It was almost disrespectful.

13. Kahalia says:

Nah, that tribute was so UN-WHITNEY. Her style was all wrong for that. Shoulda had Nick watch the twins-Mariah coulda hit that high note outta the park. That would have brought those familar tingles to my spine. J.Hud is lovely but was just wrong for that. Her voice is too powerful and not soft or high enough, sorry. buh bye.

14. MelyB says:

Jennifer Hudson’s performance was great. She was trying to pay tribute to Whitney not out do Whitney and it was amazing to me that she was able to keep her composure and sing like that.

*I don’t understand the comments about her hair. I’m totally unfamiliar with wigs & lacefronts so what was so offensive about her hair? Where should I look to see what was so offensive?