February 11th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Rihanna, Who Wore it Better

Rihanna has taken to repeating several pieces from her deep wardrobe, including a $280 pair of Bathing Ape Puzzle Camo 6 Pocket Pants:

She was spied a few days ago wearing the low rise trousers with Adidas sneakers, a cropped $35 Thunderbird Hotel Las Vegas Screen Tee Shirt, and a matching camo hat. She first wore the pants in 2010 with black ankle booties, a close fit white tank, and a denim jacket.

The cotton bottoms are a creative alternative to denim on casual days.
I’m not the biggest fan of the pants, though her 2010 outfit speaks to the fashionista in me. I think I prefer her slick boots and how her jacket and glasses pull everything together. Her 2012 ensemble seems very reminiscent of Rihanna’s style when she first started, no?
What do you think?

Spied @TheFashionFiend

21 Responses to “When Did She Wear It Better? Rihanna in A Bathing Ape Puzzle Camo 6 Pocket Pants”

Black tee day

2. sun.kissed says:

I like both looks! Way to switch it up!

3. lolodoll11 says:

Def the look with the adidas although the pant and hat are a bit too much together. Pants alone…great look.

4. Cherokee says:

@ sun.kissed, I concur. I love how versatile Rihanna is and switching up her looks using what she already has. I so <3 this chick.

5. NikkiBellaRay says:

Both looks are pretty fly.

6. Grace says:

Are you ppl serious?! As if 100s of ppl don’t walk around in camo pants, tees, heels and/or sneakers but when Rihanna does it, its super stylish and chic?! I love camo pants but I’m not a fan of these, something about the colors seem off…

7. mesa says:

I like the black tee better. And I’m so mad that people kiss this girls a$$ when it comes to fashion, she has been looking so “average” lately. These fashion bombs dress better than she does lately. It’s like did she go from being one of the best fashionistas to this. Rihanna doesn’t look good in everything.

8. Twerk says:

WHERE THE F*CK IS MARIEL?!?

9. AmazinRee says:

Denim jacket most def

10. V says:

Rihanna has not sense of style w/o her stylist. she looks a hot diggity mess

11. lolodoll11 says:

@ Grace. Hilarious but sooo true.

12. Juliet says:

I love that she is not afraid to wear something twice that she likes. They are both cute looks, very different.

13. DivaFabulosa says:

I don’t like either, not a fan of army fatigue on others who are not in the army. I honestly never thought I would see Rihanna repeat an article of clothing.

14. MB says:

i don’t understand.

15. andie says:

Everyone keeps asking where is Rhianna’s stylist but I think yall are forgetting she likes to change her look. She’s done the high fashion thing, the rocker, the retro, and now she’s relaxed. That’s personally why I love her she wears what SHE wants when and how SHE wants! And does it well. I see people in this look too sometimes it works and others, not so much. Bottom line she can wear almost anything and look great!

16. andie says:

*Rihanna

17. Dash! says:

Definetly the first time she wore them with the jean jacket I remember when I first seen the look I wanted those BAPE pants so bad!

18. Vanessa says:

You can clearly see that in 2010 it was a time when she cared more about being more stylish and chic and a trendsetter so she wore it as such, hence I cosign that look. 2012 her style is way more laid back and comfortable and how she wore the pants reflect that…

19. The transformation of Rih Rih. U can definetly see that she was wwwaaayyy more polished 2 years ago compared with now. Her hair is never on point anymore.

20. Mona L says:

Hate it or Love it Rihanna is gonna be on top!

21. I prefer the ensemble with the hat. I firmly believe that you have to be in a certain vibe to wear your clothes. Its kind of like acting you have to own it you have to feel it, be it. Those pants have such a strong force. I believe Rihanna was feeling the force.

Another job well done Rih.