February 11th, 2012
Fashion
Snapshot: Whitney Houston ca. 1985

Whitney Houston on the cover of her self titled album, March 1985. RIP Whitney.
Snapshot is a section showcasing ad campaigns, pictures, and editorials featuring men and women of color. No words, just an image. Enjoy..and discuss!

Posted In
41 comments

41 Responses to “Snapshot: Whitney Houston ca. 1985”

1. Rio says:

Ms. Whitney Houston, musical icon, may she R.I.P :-( She looks absolutely stunning in this pic.

2. PG says:

I am so hurt to hear about the passing of Whitney Elizabeth Houston. She is ICONIC in so many ways, and has influenced many artists that are out today (i.e. Beyonce Knowles). She was human just like the rest of us, and had issues. However, she gave us beautiful music and voice that will live on Eternally. RIP Whitney, I will miss you!!!

3. A-Danielle says:

I hope you can now find your peace Whitney.

4. EntertainmentsFuture says:

My heart Truly hurts. I dont care what demons she was battling. She is the reason why we have artists we have today.

5. ddswwet says:

Gorgeous. smh crazy she’s soo young. RIP

6. Ay says:

RIP Whitney. We will always love you!!

7. AmazinRee says:

R.I.P. Ms Whitney Houston. Unbelievable. Your legacy will live on. I love you beautiful!

8. Yakini says:

That was always one of my favorite of her album cover art.
    R.I.P. Whitney. Sending my prayers to her mom, Bobbi Kristina, and the rest of her family.

9. Tracy says:

This is just too sad! I never felt this way before when any celebrity has passed way. I’m heartbroken to hear about this.

10. R.I.P Whitney you will be missed thank you for your beautiful voice.

11. Mocha says:

I will miss her dearly!! I loved her songs and although I never met her she had a major impact on me throughout my life!! I eill always remember her in Cinderella and The Preacher’s Wife!! The Grammys will NOT be the same ;(

12. Tisha says:

Heaven has another Angel, RIP Whitney

13. Gemini says:

One of the most extraodinary vocalist of our time. #R.I.PWhitneyHouston

14. Empress says:

BEAUTIFUL! She was a true legend. My condolences to her family especially Bobbi Kristina!
    I had to log off Twitter, the ignorant comments about drug addiction/death made me sick! Not to mention Fox News and their ignorance!….R I P …W H I T N E Y

15. Diamond says:

This is extremely sad. Whitney, love always. RIP

16. Tiredofthebs says:

RIP Ms. Houston I will always love u, thx for ur gifts! Xoxo

17. Amanda E. says:

Whitney’s voice is one that will ALWAYS be in style. The best vocalist of all time has sung her last song…R.I.P.

18. Kishonda says:

So so sad. My childhood soundtrack. There will NEVER be another Whitney Houston. Rest Whitney we love you. God bless.

19. cmbrown827 says:

RIP Whitney. She is clearly the best vocalist of our time!! I loved so many of her songs growing up!!

20. AB says:

The QUEEN!

21. Ch.Successful says:

RIP Whitney . You were the best, I loved ur songs <3!

22. binks says:

RIP Whitney your voice and your presence will always be remembered in music…you will always be one hard act to follow

23. Tiara says:

I feel so sad. I used to listen to her music when i was young and even pretend i was her in my pyamas, before i went to sleep. Looking at this photo I can cry because she looked so fresh and innocent. So classy.

24. whatevs says:

You will be greatly missed. Luv ya Whitney.

25. autumnbreeze says:

My heart is hurting…So many try to copy you but no one can come close or ever will come close to the beautiful voice that we have come to love. I will miss you Whitney. God bless and rest your soul. And may God bless your family \o/

26. aries says:

RIP Whitney Houston. my heart goes out to her mother and daughter and i am sure bobby brown is hurting, too and so many of her family and loved ones. this is so sad. her music reminds me of my childhood. her music touch so many people, it made you feel happy or feel love. it is not much music out now, that makes u feel like that. i will remember her and her pretty smile and beautiful performances.

27. trouble says:

RIP Whitney, you are the best singer. I promise I remember you in my hearts forever.

28. allthingsfab says:

R.I.P so sad..

29. DivaFabulosa says:

Wow, what a shock to hear of her passing. I hope in time her daughter will heal from this tragedy. She is soo young and has to live the rest of her life without her mom.

30. Mads says:

Like many others I was weaned on early Whitney. Many tried to steal her crown but none were able. An amazing voice and someone who was famous for an actual reason (I mean you Kim K).

31. still in disbelief smh!!!! I found out while at my homecoming step show last night ….

32. jenn says:

Rest in peace beautiful Whitney..you were and always will be a beautiful human being with a beautiful heart and voice. Poor Bobbi :(

33. Such a Gorgeous pic of WH!! May she RIP!! We will always love you!! Such a dammn shame lost another legend!!

34. NikkiBellaRay says:

Gorgeous! This one really hurts, Whitney Houston has touched so many lives through her music including mine R.I.P Whitney one of the world’s number one leading lady we will always love you!

35. JAE says:

Rest in peace Miss Houston ! Cinderella’s godmother of our generation…. a beautiful beautiful woman with an even more beautiful voice . Such a tragedy but let us remember her legacy & continue to pray for her daughter , her mother , Ray J , Bobby , Dionne Warwick , Aretha , Clive Davis & everyone else who was close to her .

36. Mona L says:

This is how I will always remember her!

37. Madpet says:

I still can’t believe she’s gone. :-( R.I.P.

38. cyd says:

REST IN HEAVEN WHITNEY! (tear) No One will ever compare and her music will forever live on

39. Indigo says:

I remember when this album came out… My childhood soundtrack. I would look at the cover and day dream I was Whitney singing…

40. Jinx Moneypenny says:

This is still my favourite picture of her, ever. Saddened.

41. vonne says:

Absolutely stunning! R.I.P Whitney!