February 8th, 2012
Beyonce, Fashion News, Kanye West
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Our Lady Beysus re-emerged for a second time last night, looking hippy and more glorious than ever in a Monique Lhuillier sequined frock, Chanel purse, Gucci shoes, and jewelry by Lorraine Schwartz. (Beyonce Online)

Miu Miu is releasing a limited edition collection of 46 purses, inspired by each of the major fashion capitals of the world (New York, Paris, London, Milan). The ladylike bags come in a range of materials (from croco to glitter), and will be released during the Fashion Weeks of each city. (Fashionista)

Kanye West‘s people have confirmed that the rapper will be showing a second collection during Paris Fashion Week this season at 9:30pm on March 6th. If you remember, his fur-laden Spring 2012 collection was met with fewer positive reviews than the rapper expected. I wish him the best, but I’m a little scared we’re going to see linen and eyelet pieces when we should be seeing chunky knits and tweeds. (WWD)

• Walking in the Fall 2012 shows this season is Wilhelmina Models‘s own Fashionette, a glorious goddess standing at 5’10″ with a 22″ waist. Chanel Iman might be named after two fashion icons, but this girl Fashionette is fashion. Say what you want about black girls with “unique” names (I am one,) but I am loving this girl entirely right now. Just so you know, her full name is: Chablis Supreme Fashionette Morrison. You could only wish to have a name so chic. (Fashin)

Jenny Packham announced that she will (finally!) be releasing a lower-priced capsule collection to be available exclusively at Debenhams. No.1 Jenny Packham consists of 19 dresses (for day and evening), an accessories collection, and children’s wear. The capsule will be available at 128 Debenhams stores, none of which (unfortunately) exist in the United States. Prices range from £85 to £160 (or, $135 to $254). (Daily Mail)

~Jihan

33 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Beyonce Re-Emerges in Monique Lhuillier, Kanye West Confirmed to Show at Paris Fashion Week, and Jenny Packham Takes Her Brand to High Street”

1. My Response says:

Beyonce is looking really nice. Very sophiticated.

2. DarkEmpress says:

Beyonce looks even better than she did on Monday night. I think her blue sapphire jewellery may be a push present from Jay-Z. It compliments her beautifully. Love those Gucci shoes!

As for Fashionette. No thank you to that name! Its a little too ghetto fabulous for me!

3. Jihan says:

@DarkEmpress, I think you mean *just* fabulous. #flawless

4. Diamond says:

For some reason the Miu Miu bag screamed Tokyo to me.

5. Dom says:

Chablis Supreme Fashionette Morrison

Yeah, exotic. That’s the word that comes to mind. *coughing bs*

6. sun.kissed says:

I love Bey’s jewelry. I also think it may be a push present, considering it’s BLUE and everything. Julius is lookin’ a lil’ ragedy isn’t he?

7. McKenzie says:

LMAO!!! Is that really her name? Like for real real? Shame on her parents. Beyoncé looks great! And bring on Kanye’s collection, <3 him

8. dyshaun says:

Shame on her parents? Do we have to blog with kids everyday. Ugh.

9. Afrikka! says:

I’m lost yall talk about Fashionette’s name but not about Beyonce’s name? Id like to kno why one is ok and one isnt?

10. Frost says:

I love unique names but Fashionette? Erm. Chablis is really pretty though.

Jihan, your name doesn’t sound like one of those made up names, it sounds like a ethnic name. How do you say it?

11. Mckenzie says:

@dyshaun, I’m not sure what about my comment was so childish to you, but yes, shame on her parents for naming her after wine and a myriad of other things. That’s my opinion, you need not share it.

12. yes ma’am bey!!! no to beysus …a bit far fetched…. those blue nails …blue jewelry…and a baby name blue whew!!!!!

13. Marthe says:

Chablis (a kind of white wine) Supreme (means something like ‘flawless’ in French) Fashionette (I just don’t get it on that part) Morrison (seems quite normal to me) . Let me not get started on the name, even though I love long names. But GOD SHE IS BEAUTIFUL. Look at those eyes!

14. Shelly says:

So I’m totally liking the post-pregnant Beyonce better than the pre-pregnant one. She just looks and seems more down to earth, and more relaxed, refreshed. She seems like a real person, lol.

15. BougieHippie says:

looks like her mom…p.s. I love her but for 30 she looks 45….

16. rania says:

jihan you have an arabic name. it’s traditionally a name..unlike fashionette…

17. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

Man if she hadn’t become a model, life woulda been rough with that name. We have a lawyer at our firm who goes by C.L. Benson, she will NOT reveal what the C nor the L stands for, and she hasn’t since her sophomore year of college at Howard, when her business teacher suggested it. Chablis reminds me of the drag queen’s name in “Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil”.

18. Aurélie says:

Am I the only one who finds it weird that Beyonce is addressed as Beysus, she may be a talented performer but I wouldn’t even go as far as to give her that high a status smh!

19. I’m sorry but that name is giving me the giggles. Chablis though? That’s no different than Alize! :D

20. Siyam says:

That girl Fashionette is gorgeous ! Her eyes are amazing :) Bey is looking good and very happy. I do hope Kanye comes out with a more interesting line this time; the last one was rather dull. Like it was nice and kind of cool but nothing to get excited about

21. This is MESS says:

Bey looks AMAZING..SPANX plus being toned b4 getting pregnant plus getting that tummy & miss kitty sewed up tight right after pushing Baby Blu out is the BIZNESS.
    My hubby already knows..right after I push make sure u can afford to get me stiched, stapled, wrapped and stapled together right after lil Jr is delivered!

jihan is not unique,its one of those common ethnic name just depends on where you live.

23. Lea says:

Bey looks older that JLo after baby.

And Beysus +Jay-Hova…smh…those are things God does not like at all

24. J_Key says:

@Aurelie, NO you are not the only one that finds that weird. I personally find it kinda blasphemous. Yes she is a great entertainer but really I just can’t with that one.

25. Gemini says:

@Marthe

Morrison a normal name? What is a normal name? I feel sorry for many of our ppl who think English names are “normal”. What is a name? Ask yourselves that question. Some of us need to stop being so white washed and look within ourselves.

26. Vanessa says:

Bey look GORG. Looking foward to Ye’s show!

27. DivaFabulosa says:

Supreme Fashionetter, really? SMH, I have no comment on that name. Anyway, Beyonce’s dress if fab and I can’t wait for Kanye’s show. I hope he gets better reviews this time around.

28. Dameion says:

Fashionette is gonna slay the runways this season I feel it and for her name I love every bit and piece of it HMM she is sickening!

29. KOKO TROTS says:

She looks absolutely fabulous… However, Beysus? Really? That’s a bit much, No?

30. Jihan says:

Guys, I don’t think Beyoncé is *actually* on equal footing with Jesus Christ. I use Beysus in a satirical/sarcastic way, because she is so obsessed over and placed on a high pedestal it’s like she’s worshipped.

But… if it bothers yall that much, I won’t use it :)

31. Monica says:

Beyonce ain’t have that baby.. I’m not buying it.

32. Tia says:

Beysus to who???? SMDH

33. Paul says:

I was Chablis’s English teacher in high school. Let me tell you something. This girl has made an amazing turnaround. She was extremely undisciplined only a few years ago, but she changed her ways, chased her dream, and now she’s on her way to a great life . She came to visit a few days ago, and I was proud to see what a fine young woman she has become. Very Inspirational