February 1st, 2012
Celebrity Style, Fashion, Hot or Hmm
Hot! or Hmm..: Isabel Marant High Top Sneakers

Alicia Keys was recently spied at the airport in a $760 pair of Isabel Marant Willow High Top sneakers:

The singer is a huge fan of the shoes, and has been snapped wearing them in a blue, red, and white colorway to take in a Knicks game.

Tracee Ellis Ross also has opted for the sneakers for casual excursions:

And Beyonce wore them in her Love on Top video:

The high-top, multi-colored suede sneakers have a 3 inch hidden wedge heel and velcro strap details.

I personally never wear sneakers outside of the gym, so I must admit a slight bias against them. Aside from their clunky design, they seem unwieldy. I’m sure they’re comfortable, but cute? Not sure.

What do you think, do you like Isabel Marant High Top Sneaks?

If you love, get ‘em, plus a few options for less here:

52 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm..: Isabel Marant High Top Sneakers”

1. T1K says:

Not a fan.

2. laura fashionably blessed says:

the best sneaker of the year for sure too bad they sold out almost immediately when they came out..i tried to buy them in october no such luck..tear….i couldnt cave to the extortionists on ebay..they r the ones that got away

3. libby says:

not of fan of this sneaker but i love Sam Edelman’s fashion sneaker !

4. binks says:

Not cute…heels and sneakers doesn’t mesh it is one or the other

5. Mari says:

their ugly and thick legged girls like Bey and Alicia should stay away..it cuts their leg and makes them look stubby. Ewww UGLY for all women…

6. Truth Teller says:

I LIKE THE ONE B HAS ONE THE BEST BUT THERE ARE SO OVERPRICED!!

7. Bella says:

I like them!! They look good on Beyonce. Alicia Keys has serious cankles it looks so awkward on her. :O

8. Kitana says:

I love them. My sis has these, but I have the Aldo knock offs and they’re just as fun…….

9. I couldn’t vote, I needed something in the middle.

10. I like them! I wish I could buy a pair!

11. Mec says:

Love them

12. Chelsey says:

They have a 3 inch hidden wedge in them! How could you not love them!

13. sun.kissed says:

I like them, but everything isn’t for everybody. Alicia’s legs are wayyy too thick for this kind of shoe.

14. Grace says:

They’re horrid. I realize the novelty lies in the fact that they’re somewhat unsightly yet exclusive due to the price but c’mon son!

15. Vee says:

i am not a fan. i guess the idea of sneaker heels is attractive

16. fuhleash says:

hot as hell. if only i could afford these smh

17. Ninjo says:

they look best on B

18. ?!@#$%^&* says:

They are not cute! And they do nothing for a woman’s body. Blah.

19. supa says:

they look like rejects lol

20. lanenabuena says:

There ugly

21. jUICElOVE says:

I love these…there is a cheaper version at asos.com

22. jUICElOVE says:

^^^correction karmaloop

23. Miss Moore says:

I’m gonna pass on these. They are overpriced and not so cute close- up; I don’t care who is wearing them. Maybe because I’m already tall, but I don’t see the point of a wedged/ heeled sneaker.

24. Abby says:

These shoes are fugly! Although I do fancy the way Tracee Ellis paired them with a green parka…C’est chic!

25. Lily says:

Not a fan too, but on Beyoncé it looks nice.

26. E says:

Not a fan!! They are way to bulky. Not cute……….. The whole velcro strap thing was just not doing anything for me

27. Melissa says:

Aldo has replica’s like Bey’s on sale now. I have a pair and love them!

28. loverly says:

I don’t really see how they’re anymore clunky or unwieldy than the huge wedges and platforms that everyone’s wearing now. These appeal to the reformed tomboy in me– you mean I get to wear sneakers and *still* get a little bit of height??? They’re certainly tricky to wear though. I wouldn’t buy them or any of the cheaper replicas just because they’re sure to be a trend and right now, the best inexpensive versions (Ash) are still too much money to spend on something that will be out of style in a few months.

29. Mona L says:

They are about to be played out real soon!

30. Well, bloggers and fashionistas seem to think otherwise, because they aren’t found anywhere. I don’t think the trend will last very long though. I wouldn’t want the other versions because you know that they are copies…i think with other shoes you can get away with but not these.

31. Crystal says:

These have been out for years, they come in different versions every year. they just blew up in the states once the celebrities started wearing them (like everything else) so they will die out soon over here. they are not cute and way over priced. if i saw these shoes in a shoe store for $20 i would not buy them. But since we’ve all seen them on celebrities, we all want them and are will to pay $800. just sayin.

32. Indigo says:

Alicia Keys wore them best… Tracy looks Tacky.

33. Christian says:

SO HOT! I want a pair so bad (and have for a long time). I might have to gift them to myself for my birthday.

34. GARBAGE! THROW THEM UGLY THINGS IN THE TRASH :)

35. SoSad says:

I’m not really a tennis shoe person either, but I love them. Wouldn’t wear them to the gym of course.

36. vanessa says:

I’m a superfan!!!!! I love Isabel Marant’s sneakers!!!!!

37. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

I am dying for these pairs. Was searching over the internet over the weekend for the “Authentic” pair but they were all sold out. My girl I follow on http://www.wheredidugetthat.com, brought her pair on iOffer. Not bad for the price

38. dyshaun says:

VERY HOT!!! Love fashion sneaks.

39. Na415 says:

I love this shoes in the burgundy color, But I am into wearing different styles. One day I’ll be flats, the next I’ll be in heels, sneakers, etc, I like to changes things up…

40. Brittany says:

Those shoes are awful.

41. Truth Teller says:

I WILL BE GETTING THE ALDO VERSION THANX’S LADIES!

42. Desi says:

Alicia wears them like a true hood jawn…ugh. Isabel Marant is genius. Great innovative style…this is from a woman who isnt even a sneaker fan.dope is dope #salute to the true fashionistas #versatile ;)

43. liz says:

Not sure why every one hates them…they look better than some crazy thick heeled shoes i see a lot of these so-called fashionistas wearing!

44. The shoe doesn’t fit to alicia keys outift but it looks great with beyonce.
    love them

45. Jason says:

Bought them , luv them. The best shoes I’ve Ever owned.

46. Jason says:

Luv them , just bought them. The best shoe I’ve ever owned.

47. RELL says:

JUST PURCHASE THE STEVE MADDEN ONES, AND LOVE THEM AND IM A SNEAKER FREAK SO A WEDGE HEEL ON A SNEAKER….LOVE IT, GOT TO SAY I LIKE THE KNOCK OFFS BETTER THEN THE ISABEL MARANT VERSION, I HATE THAAAAAAT FATT TONGUE

48. Sure sure, the Isabel Marant Sneakers looks fine to me.

49. Sneaker Isabel Marant offrent une qualité supérieure et types vairous.