January 30th, 2012
Awards, Beauty, Fashion, Hot or Hmm
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Happy Monday! Hope all your weekends were fabulous ;)

Awards show season is still very much in swing and a few (*sigh*) of our favorites were spotted at the celebrations and in their regular weekend round-a-bouts. Let’s take a look…

There she is…SAG Award winner for Best Actress, Viola Davis! I had actually changed the channel before her win, but in pics she looks great in a Marchesa dress, Jimmy Choo shoes, and a Judith Lieber clutch. Seriously, her mocha skin against the cream dress? Perfection!

The makeup…

I would have skipped the gold shadow or the under eye concealer as both together seem a bit much on camera (though I bet in person it looked lovely–darn cameras and their flash ruining good things). Her hair is LAYED though.

Octavia Spencer took home the SAG award for Best Supporting Actress for her role as sassy maid “Minnie Jackson” in “The Help”. Octavia looked absolutely stunning in this regal updo and glowing cheeks. Her acceptance speech about being able to give so many of our mothers, grandmothers, and great grandmothers a voice was quite touching (and made me change my mind slightly about being a little salty that Black women are receiving critical acclaim for roles as maids…in 2012).

She rocked this silver Tadashi gown! Perfect silhouette and the detailing is top notch without being showy. Brava!

Shaun Robinson looked great in this form-fitting fuchsia gown, but the hair kind of makes the whole look appear prom-ish.

Zoe Saldana sauntered down the red carpet in a Givenchy Haute Couture dress. I don’t know…I don’t hate it, but it sure does look like she’s wearing a wife beater underneath the bodice. A corset would have done both this look and Zoe more justice. I do love the dark nails paired with a white dress.

Hair and makeup?

Typical Zoe, but she knows what works for her and I love it ;)

I adore Sofia Vergara in this sweetheart neckline hot pink Marchesa gown. The dress shows off all of her awesome curves without being too revealing and the color just sizzles. HOT!

My girl Regina King looked so good in this Alberta Ferretti lilac dress. This color was made for her skin tone and the delicate ruffles are a great choice for her toned body. HOT!!!!

One of my favorite looks of the evening was Naya Rivera in this sequined Naeem Khan dress with a plunging neckline. There’s this suspense of “my goodness she looks hawt!” and “OMG is she gonna spill out???” about this dress. It’s so glamorous, so sexy, and so age-appropriate. HOT!

Simple hair and makeup complement the look.

Naya’s “Glee” co-star Amber Riley was also in attendance…

…showing that we can’t win them all. *sigh* I said JUST last week that Amber’s glam squad always has her dipped, but this pink sponge roller Grandma Myrtle hair is killing me softly. I can’t even front though because I had this SAME hairstyle in a first grade class picture…but that was 1987. Who did you shade, Amber? Apologize at once!

Grrr…can’t even say she made up for it with the dress. I’m always co-signing on anything with peplum on it, but what’s with the gigantic bow? Seriously Amber, you need to make amends with whoever it is you pissed off.

Then in non-awards show sightings…

Sherri Shepherd was spotted at Maksim Chmerkovskiy‘s Ballroom Birthday Bash in a cute animal print (look closely) lace halter dress. I love it! Normally ankle strap shoes worn with a midi dress like this can really shorten and widen the figure, but it all works on Sherri here. Go ‘head, girl.

Seriously, I want the Rachel Roy leopard trench dress Gabrielle Union wore to a charity event for Planned Parenthood (except in a V-neck version) ASAP. It’s practically perfect with this studded leather belt and mandarin collar. Great pairing with the black tights and suede pumps. Her hair is perfectly tousled and the chunky golden brown highlights are it. Go, Gabby! HOT!

Lala Anthony was spotted shopping it up in West Hollywood. She looks too cute in her army green jacket, slim cut jeans, and mid-length Chanel biker boots. She accessorized the look well with her bright pink gloss, half-up/half-down hair ‘do, and aviator sunglasses. What a way to look effortlessly stylish. I wonder if she’s wearing one of the lip glosses from her new makeup line…

And finally Kelly Rowland hit up a Barcadi event in Berlin in a navy blue Herve Leger dress. She no doubt looks hot in bodycon dresses quite like this, but I feel this particular style dress has been overdone and the underwhelming shoe choice doesn’t help it either.

But we know the beauty will almost always turn it with great hair and makeup! The camera’s flash is distorting it a bit, but I can still see a well-executed neutral yet glamorous makeup look. Curly hair also suits the singer very well.

That wraps it up! Which look is your favorite this week?

~Danielle

Images via Patrick Hoffmann/WENN.com

25 Responses to “Weekend Hot! or Hmm…: The 18th Annual SAG Awards, Lala Anthony, Kelly Rowland, and MORE!”

1. eden says:

Viola Davis is STUNNING. What a beautiful lady!
    - Eden aadebiyite

2. shan says:

Everyone in this post could do better imo

3. Marsha D says:

KELLLLYYYYYY! Gawn girl!
    Viola Davis looks amazing Buuuuuttttt……the stretch marks on the arms and Amber too….foundation is not just for the face :-/
    Shaun Robinson always looks great! Typical Zoe indeed…..

4. Mona L says:

I really want to be reincarnated at Sofia Vergara!

5. JR says:

Not really into any of these except Sophia and Regina. We need new urban entertainers, tired of seeing the same women over and over.

6. Jen says:

Not crazy about Kelly Rowlands bandage dress. weve already seen that way too many times before.

7. Mel says:

Everyone on the red carpet for the SAG Awards look nice, except for Amber’s hair. That hair style I actually wore in one of my grade school class pictures too O_O not good.

8. December Sidderwhite says:

Viola looks amazing! That smile, that dress, that body —- WUURRRKKKK! *snaps*

9. Fashionbum82 says:

Danielle you always have me floored with your commentary! i totally co-sign Ambers hair what was she thinking? Perhaps Grandma chic?

10. sun.kissed says:

Viola is giving it to them isn’t she? However, she could have covered up the stretchmarks on her arms–easy on the 15 lb weights!

11. Gemini says:

Style winner for me is Naya Rivera! Love, love her dress.

Congrats to Viola Davis for the win.

12. Vanessa says:

I would say Lala and Kelly looks are my favorite. I tend to love simple but done looks like that since they look beautiful without any effort. Miss Davis makeup looks just a bit too much for me, a bit clownish really. Everyone else look like dimes!

13. Danielle says:

@fashionbum82 haha! ;)

@Mel word to the pink roller class picture ‘dos! lol

14. Elena says:

LMAO at “pink sponge roller Grandma Myrtle hairstyle”! Viola, Regina and Sofia look amazing!

15. manny says:

I prefer kellys hair like this. Lmao @ zoes wife beater!

16. J_Key says:

Viola and Regina are my favorites from last night & I love LaLa’s look.

17. Shelly says:

OH MY GOSH! So I just realized that Naya Rivera was Little Richy’s girlfriend on Family Matters, lol. WOW!!!! She looks exactly the same! She has grown into a beautiful young lady, and looks absolutely gorgeous in that dress.

And PRAISE GAWD!!!! Regina finally got it right!

All the ladies at the SAG Awards look lovely (except for Amber and that hair). Everyone else in the post—I’ve seen better.

18. Kimmoy says:

Hey Danielle, do you know what color blush is Kelly wearing?

19. bougiehippie says:

Viola & Regina looks just smashing! However Racheal Zoe is clearly beefing with Zoe to but her in that workout top slash nightie.

20. Liza says:

Hi Danielle! Do you know where I can purchase Lala’s jacket? I’m in love! :)

21. I absolutely ADORE Viola Davis. And have a supreme girl crush on Sophia. :)

22. thethingonenehead says:

Viola’s smile? YES GOD!

Kellendria is GIVING it to you kids!

And Sherry looks so classy, like fresh said, serving extra arms and shoulders,but I say she WERK it!

23. Kahalia says:

I wish we could have gotten a close up on Regina here. I saw it somewhere and she was giving me life. She looked fab! The dress was the perfect soft compliment to her toned physique-Great call Danielle.

24. Danielle says:

@Kimmoy hey! it’s hard to tell because the flash distorted it, but a coral blush like NARS Taos can get you a similar look. If your skin tone is similar to Kelly’s though, I beg you to get to the drugstore and get Milani Red Vino Baked Blush or Black Radiance Artisan Baked Blush in Warmed Berry. These colors are more berry toned, but look gorgeous on dark skin. Dolce & Gabbana also makes great blush for brown skin. Their Sole blush (a bold orange that works well on darker skin) is absolutely beautiful. But just about every brand makes great blush—I would know—they’re ALL in my stash. smh. lol

@Liza hey! Not sure, but this Miss Sixty army trench is close enough: http://www.shopstyle.com/action/apiVisitRetailer?id=266773027&pid=uid6849-1077543-60

25. lola says:

Viola is damn near 50. She can have a few stretch marks here and there or do you guys want her to take the Hollywood route and knife up her body??? Btw, she looks better than most of you and she is old enough to be your mothers. SMH!