• The city of Houston, Texas is raising money to fund a
shrine monument to pop superstar Beyoncé Knowles.
CEO of Armdeonce Ventures, (one of the three companies masterminding the project) Marcus Mitchell said,“We wanted to construct, like, a massive hall so as the doors open, if you donated to the monument, you’ll have a separate nameplate. There will be clips of Beyonce with Destiny’s Child and wardrobe like a mini museum.” Finally, Beyoncé stans will have a gilded hall unto which they can bring burnt offerings and sacrifices to pay tribute to the most high priestess, our Lady Beysus. Amen. (PopCrush)
• In addition to their new pricing system, J.C. Penney is overhauling the whole shopping experience. The retailer plans to separate their store into little “shops” for each brand they carry. So, if you’re looking for a frock from L’Amour, their newest collaboration with designer Nanette Lepore , you would mosey on over to the L’Amour shop, instead of scouring the entire juniors section for the dress. J.C. Penney’s revamp is a lot more layered than we previously thought. Hopefully, all these changes will yield the results they desire. It would be a shame to go through all this trouble and experience little change in sales or worse– plummeting profits. (Fashionista)
• Halle Berry joins the ranks of celebrities stamping their names on collections they had little to no hand in designing. The actress has teamed up with German retailer Deichmann Shoes to create the ’5th Avenue by Halle Berry‘ collection. The 40-piece capsule features several low-heeled, comfortable looking sandals and wedges, perfect for those mothers on the go. The shoes are certainly ones you could wear down 5th avenue. Whether you would is a different question. (Hello Beautiful)
• Adriana Lima stars in Donna Karan‘s Spring 2012 campaign video, walking through the backstreets and forests of Haiti, the country where Hatians only exist when they’re in drum circles. (Beauty is Diverse)
• Halle Berry isn’t the only celebrity coming out with a shoe line. Wendy Williams will debut the fall 2012 collection for her new venture, Adorn, this week. For months, the talk show host and celebrity gossip goddess has kept this project under wraps, and she is finally opening up about her latest endeavor: “It’s one of the hardest things that I have had to keep from [my audience]. I haven’t had a secret as hard to keep since I was sworn to secrecy about being on ‘Dancing With the Stars.’” Keeping her larger-footed sisters in mind, the line’s size range will go all the way up to 12. Big feet gal, big up yaself! (WWD)
• Amber Rose was spotted out and about with her rapper boyfriend, Wiz Khalifa, sporting a very clean shaven head and a tribal face tattoo that may or may not be real. What do you think? (TMZ)