/* analytics code */
• Nicki Minaj and house music king David Guetta are set to release their music video for “Turn Me On” this Tuesday, but for now, the two give us a little amuse bouche of sorts with this sneak peek.
In the clip, Minaj brandishes a hatchet, and Guetta sports some strange head contraption. Either way, it’s an interesting 48 seconds. (Global Grind)
• CFDA president Diane Von Furstenberg is urging her fellow designers to make sure the models walking in their shows this upcoming fashion week are at least 16 years old. The designer said, “Any model walking in the Diane Von Furstenberg runway will have shown i.d. prior to the show,” and encourages other designers to take the same precautions. While I agree that Ms. Von Furstenberg’s proposal is a step in the right direction, it’s still a little problematic that teenagers are being used to shill clothes to grown women. I guess that’s just the nature of the beast? (ELLE UK)
• We were all swooning over Jean Paul Gaultier‘s ode to Amy Winehouse for his spring 2012 haute couture show, but not everyone was feeling it. Mitch Winehouse, father of the late singer, took to Twitter to voice his disdain for the collection: “We don’t support the Jean Paul Gaultier collection. It’s in bad taste. Mitch.” The still-mourning father told the Sun “We’re still grieving for her loss, and we’ve had a difficult week with the six-month anniversary of Amy’s death. To see her image lifted wholesale to sell clothes was a wrench we were not expecting, or consulted on.” Fair enough, Mr. Winehouse. (WWD)
• You should be reading Roberto Cavalli‘s blog. He’s no Kanye West, but I can assure you, in his writing you will find a treasure trove of gems. Consider his observations about the Paris couture shows: “Too bad the music was not more engaging. I really wanted to dance, even if it would not have been so easy in such a crowd!” Roberto, I would have totally danced with you. Wanna bring me to some couture shows this summer? (Roberto Cavalli blog)
• Celebrities and fashion glitterati stepped out to the 10th annual Sidaction Gala to benefit AIDS research last night in Paris. Amongst the guests was the inimitable Grace Jones, fresh and fabulous from her recent performance at the Etam runway show. I would ask if her outfit is Hot! or Hmm…, but since it’s Grace, her look is an automatic haute in my book! (WWD)
• Joanna Lumley and Jennifer Saunders are the faces for Alexis Bittar‘s newest campaign. Since I can never get enough of the Absolutely Fabulous duo, check out this behind the scenes look at the shoot. Please note the hilarious background music as well: “FASHION. JAZZERCISE. LIP GLOSS.” I die. (Vogue UK)