January 26th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Shopping, Solange Knowles

Solange Knowles DJ’ed at a private party for the launch of “True Love in Pictures” with the Sartorialist Scott Schuman and Garance Dore at Tiffany & Co. in NYC wearing a $626 By Malene Birger Rufe Faux Leopard Coat, a neon $1,660 Christopher Kane Pleated Dress and $592 Fendi Spring 2011 colorblock sandals:

She completed the vibrant look with a $325 CC Skye clutch (she first wore it back in 2009).
Her double-breasted, leopard-print faux-fur coat features a notched collar and on-seam hip pockets.

Her neon wool blend dress has a knife pleated skirt and an asymmetrical hem:

Her violet colorblock heels offer pops of orange and sunflower shades:

And her chic clutch has an oversized silhouette, emboldened by three large gold studs:

Hot! or Hmm…?

If you love it, get a similar look here:

This ensemble is #totesamaze

Spied @UpscaleHype

*Solange is just like us! She repeats! She first wore the CC Skye clutch 2 years ago during Fashion Week…

Including to a Tracy Reese show where we interviewed her about her outfit and general style:

Ah, the olden days.
She’s worn the Fendi sandals before as well:

Along with the coat, which she rocked with a multi patterned outfit for brunch in Brooklyn:

Way to mix and match while keeping your look fresh. Work it!

37 Responses to “Get the Look: Solange Knowles in By Malene Birger’s Rufe Faux Leopard Coat, Christopher Kane’s Neon Pleated Dress, Fendi Colorblock Sandals, and a CC Skye Pink Clutch”

1. Jihan says:

Can this chick please stop being so impeccable/flawless/fierce/etc?

2. michezluu says:

Solange looks hot as always. Love this girls style.

3. KBS says:

Perfect & effortless. L4L on that dress, por favor!

4. BeBe Jones says:

BEAUTIFUL!!! Always a drummer of her own beat and thats PRICELESS!!!

5. lolodoll says:

Hmmm for me. Not feeling the dress.

6. Nicole says:

This chis is a trend setter and Im taking notes!!!!…Werk Solanage!

7. Nicole says:

I slaughtered the girl name..Werk Solange!

8. Elena says:

This girl can do no wrong! Hot!

9. Crystal says:

I do like her style and I do like this look; however, her looks seem to age her a bit. I’m just waiting for her to throw on some jeans and some YSL’s with a cute sweater. Don’t jump all over me, I do love Solange’s looks. I’m just a little tired of the chic librarian look.

10. Trisha says:

I love solange. Her fashion is so refreshing. She is one of my style icons for sure. I love the yellow against her skin color, which is very close to my own, so I definitely might be rocking a yellow dress very soon.

11. Marsha D says:

I love that she repeats her stuff…….love it!

12. Love says:

I love me some Solo but for some reason this look didn’t do it for me. I love the colors and the print but something seems a bit…off. I think the person who said her looks sometimes age her is correct. As far as her hair is concerned, she looked her absolute BEST when she was rocking a short TWA! I would love to see her cut it all off again…but hey, that’s just a lil critique on an already fly chick!

13. Jennifer says:

I love solange and as of late, I think she has really been turning it out. Love the dress on her, as well as the color! However, I just feel like the hair or make up, sometimes both, can be a bit off :/ I wish she were more consistent like she is in the last pic…she set it off there!

14. Stephanie says:

Did she miss the memo? It’s winter time.

15. Tam says:

She looks good to me, so I’m giving her a HOT!!!

16. Love says:

Oh yeah, I haven’t said this in a while, but I LOVE this blog!

17. sun.kissed says:

I love the dress paired with the shoes, but I’m not feeling her bag with it. Looks like she had that one earlier and forgot the one that was meant for that outfit.

18. J_Key says:

I have to pass on this one. While I love her in the dress with the clutch, I just feel like the shoes and her hair and makeup just aren’t it.

19. Sasha says:

The way Solange mixes her colors is great. She never shies away from a bright or neon range, and that always make’s her outfits standouts.

20. Gemini says:

I like the dress. I have to agree with those who stated in the past that Solo comes off as being pretentious a lot of the times. I like her style. But I just don’t know how long she is going to continue to pretend that she is a DJ.

21. Diva says:

Solange…… you better do Ms. Gurl !!!!! DO IT !!!!
    She is the chick to watch, her taste is always on point.

22. Lainea says:

Solange is beautiful.

23. vanessa says:

I’m in love of this girl! She’s so stylish!!!!! I want to copy every look!!!

espantajasandfriends.blogspot.com

24. Kim says:

I love this look! I don’t have the nerve to wear yellow, purple,and pink together – I prefer a more neutral palette – but Solange really wears it well. I especially love the dress.

25. luxcheri says:

I absolutely love this look on her. It’s so bright and vibrant and she looks so fresh faced. She be slaying the game

26. Flyy Mee says:

Love the fact that she actually owns the clothes that we see her in! Stylist? What stylist?! lol

27. I love that she is honest about not going around buying up everything. She is so laid back and fun. I love her style so much.

28. endESQ says:

HOT!

29. Grace says:

I love her looks most of the time, including the ones above. However, they often looked a tad contrived/forced…

30. Very on-point! This girl is beyond GORG! Now, about that hair…
    All this money for clothes and shoes but no hair pick in sight! The ‘fro looks a bit disgruntled… I kid (but not really :)

31. Caribbelle says:

I love her and just how real she is. Impeccable!!

32. Ashlei says:

I love her and I need that dress in my closet, please, thanks. :)

xx
    Ashlei

33. rebecca says:

i love solanges natural hair… but i need her to get that shaped

34. Vonmiwi says:

Pretentious? Pretending to be a DJ?

While I can’t claim to actually know the woman, but how in the world could Solange be considered as being pretentious? I know we all don’t follow the same fashion circles, but Solange is one the hottest celebrity DJ’s around.

Most of you may not like her style, but that’s what being an individualist is all about…never giving one thought about the thoughts of others and it takes a very, very confident individual to do just that. To Be Themselves.

35. katie says:

“but Solange is one the hottest celebrity DJ’s around.”
    LAWLZ!

36. Na415 says:

Cute outfit, I like this look more without the coat.