January 25th, 2012
Date Night, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Valentine’s Day Style Inspiration: What to Wear on a Date with Your Hubby

Theresa writes, “I’m a wife and a mom in her early 30s. My hubby and I are going on our first date alone in months. I want to look sexy without over doing it…any suggestions?”
Step out with your husband in a cute floral strapless number, like this Garvin sequined silk-chiffon mini dress by Diane von Furstenberg:

Sidle up to the Valentine’s ‘theme’ with a red wool coat you can wear all winter long. Accentuate your legs in metallic pumps, and bring it all together with a gold clutch:

Get a similar floral/red coat combo for less with these:

What do you think? Would you rock this?

12 Responses to “Valentine’s Day Style Inspiration: What to Wear on a Date with Your Hubby”

1. Edotwright says:

So seeing as how I live in Wisconsin where we have really bad winters i.e. snow storms every other week, in Feb, can you suggest something for V-day that’s relates more to my seasonal environment.

2. leslie says:

Love the DIANE VON FURSTENBERG dress. I wish, I could fit into something like that.

3. Latanya says:

Claire, you always KILL IT on the what to wear spreads. FAB

4. Claire says:

@Edotwright To make this cold weather proof, you can add some tights, layer a sweater under your coat, add some cold weather accessories (hat, scarf, gloves), and voila. Or you could just wear a long sleeved dress, like Emiliy B is wearing in the previous post (it’s red, and as I stated at the end of the post, perfect for Valentine’s day).

5. I think Edotwright you may need to add a boot. There are so many glorious boot to wear. I am in Southern California and I am going to San Francisco this weekend. I am so excited about having the opportunity to wear boots. I think you guys are so tired of cold weather everyone is already getting ready for spring. Think I will do a post on cold weather fashion. I can live vicariously through you North Easterners.

6. ladyshawann says:

Have a blast Theresa!

7. Dee says:

You put it together so well. Love it! Thank you!!!

8. Theresa says:

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT…Thanks Claire!! :)

9. Claire says:

@Theresa Yay! Doing these is literally like giving birth. Takes a bit of time, but it’s always rewarding when it actually works out.

10. I must admit, normally I do not look twice at style inspiration posts, but this one is soooooo on point. These shades of red are gorgeous! I can totally see myself in this…

11. lanenabuena says:

Claire your what to wear blogs are HOT HOT HOT!!! Me canta!! I love it. Those snake earrings are very sexy I need them in my life.

12. A-Danielle says: