• French lingerie label Etam had the best possible runway show ever with performances from disco divas Chaka Khan, Gloria Gaynor, Sister Sledge, The Pointer Sisters, Grace Jones, and a bevy of pink and green-dyed poodles for good measure. (The Cut)
• Victoria’s Secret, one of the most recognizable and widely-worn lingerie brands, released a high-end selection of bras and panties called the Victoria’s Secret Designer Collection, targeting those members of the bourgeoisie who won’t be seen in the same knickers as Ananda from around the way. Some pieces from the new collection graced the VS runway in November, masquerading as items from the main line. Think you’d like to shell out up to $158 for a bra? You can shop the designer collection now at Victoriassecret.com. (WWD)
• Andre 3000, Adrien Brody, and hottie biscotti Gabriel Garcia Bernal are the new faces for Gillette Fusion Pro-Glide styler– or, the men’s version of lady shaver ads you see cascading down from the top of this page. (Glamazons)
• Christian Louboutin headed back to court yesterday on the arm of Ms. Diane Von Furstenberg over the YSL red sole debacle. He presented his appeal, saying his signature, Chinese-red lacquered soles are iconic to his brand, and though YSL has been making monochromatic shoes since the 1970s, his trademark must be protected. The two could settle, but why do that when you can draw out these
boring exciting proceedings? (WWD)
• The only sort of wine you should be spilling on your Chanel tweed blazer is Chateau Rauzan-Segla, straight from the Chanel winery you didn’t know existed. The famed design house is selling the 2009 vintage for a hefty $129, complete with a label designed by Mr. Karl Lagerfeld. The wine is available for pre-order, if you’re interested in drinking something other than Franzia.