January 25th, 2012
Ethnic Models, Snapshot
Snapshot: Joan Smalls for GQ February 2012

Joan Smalls for GQ February 2012. The ’22′ year old model wears a Louis Vuitton jacket, Oye bikini bottoms, and heels by Manolo Blahnik.

Snapshot is a section showcasing ad campaigns, pictures, and editorials featuring men and women of color. No words, just an image. Enjoy..and discuss!
Source: GQ

Posted In
27 comments

27 Responses to “Snapshot: Joan Smalls for GQ February 2012”

1. harlemlonestar says:

Hot!

2. leslie says:

Very beautiful woman……..I can say that as a woman.

3. rania says:

why is 22 in quotes

4. ummmmm says:

That woman is HOT!!!!

5. Ashley says:

ohhh Joan if I wasn’t straight GIRL!!!

6. sun.kissed says:

Wait a minute Joan! Don’t you go from Super Model to T and A on me.

7. Marsha D says:

Go ‘head girl!!

8. Lady Luck says:

WOW!

9. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Wow!!!

10. Dannielle says:

She looks great! I hate her shoes though. They look cheap??

11. Miss Understood says:

Claire, why is “22″ in quotes? LMAO! #dead

12. fash says:

I was shocked to see they would lie about her age like that, it makes her look bad cause ppl are going to say she looks old for a 23 yr old.
    She is like 27 I dont see why they make models lie so much

13. fash says:

*22 and then they place her next to jourdan dunn and expect ppl to believe that they are the same age.smh. none the less she is beautiful, had to add that.

14. Grace says:

Yes Ma’am! (Although it is a tad “low brow” for her). I think I’ll be 22 today as well ;-)

15. Briana says:

Yummy

16. hehe says:

Yea she look nice but she’s no 22, she looks close to 30+.

17. Mel says:

She’s so pretty.

18. Dom says:

She’s so freaking pretty! She def looks like she’s late 20′s though.

19. misha says:

LMAO @ 22 being in quotes. She does look older than 22 though but she’s still stunning!!

20. I love Joan! But this pic makes me go hmmmmm. I prefer high fashion instead of high h*$! Woops!

21. lanenabuena says:

Beautiful girl, agree on the shoes they do look cheap, very Charlotte Russe….

22. Ej says:

sexy, werk!!!

23. Ash says:

Everyone in the industry knows Joan is 27 and should be 28 this year. Rather than lieing about age how about just omitting entirely from the article. The industry love to put age and modeling in the same category; Dont understand why you cant just be a fabulous model. Age not being a factor.

24. Katy says:

I’m so tired of hearing about Joan’s age. Can’t she be celebrated for her accomplishments in the industry?Always trying to knock down women of color. Why isn’t it an issue when caucasian girls are older than their industry given age, ex. Gisele Bundchen and others. Come on, it gets tiring to hear the same old issue. Who would know her real age, people who’s worked with her in the industry or others who have some type of issue,aka haters and people who cheer for other models and knock others down? I highly doubt she is 27, makeup makes a difference… Why is it okay for veterans to continue modeling instead of passing the baton to new comers who can be role models to others? Why must their be an emphasis on age? Beauty comes in all ages. I guess it’s okay for models to be viewed highly when they have eating disorders but if there is someone who’s not in a specific age category they end up getting hounded.

25. Paul says:

It look like people are so blind, I have seen Ms. Smalls without make up and she look so young. She is a beautiful and a gorgeous lady. Here is not about age, its about what Ms. Joan can do. There are a lot of haters around.