January 24th, 2012
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Sonya from Mississippi

Today’s Fashion Bombshell is Sonya Bee from Mississippi:

The owner of Sonya Bee’s boutique screams, “I LOVE FASHION AND I NEVER TRY TOO HARD WHEN IT COMES TO AN OUTFIT…”

“…I’M LIKE A MODERN DAY HIPPIE WITH A SPLASH OF HOLLYWOOD GLAMOUR..”

“…I’M IN LOVE WITH BODYCON DRESSES AT THE MOMENT..I NEVER MATCH AND I WOULD DOUBLE KISS THE PERSON WHO INVENTED LEGGINGS LOL..”

“I really don’t care about the price of labels because looking good means you feel good whether it’s in a blazer that you got from a thrift store for $3 or a pair of $1200 Alexander McQueen heels.”

” I would say that my style is sexy yet very classy,evolving,unpredictable and constantly changing because of my love of experimenting and trying new ideas.”

“I ALSO LOVE TRIBAL PRINT AND ANYTHING SPARKLY.”

“I WOULD BE HONORED TO BECOME A CERTIFIED FASHION BOMBSHELL =)”

Ok! You’re a gorgeous young lady. My only critique would be to try not to lean too hard on tight garments. Of course the pieces you chose look great, but you could vary it up with maxi skirts or even an A-line dress and still look bomb!
What do you ladies think?

If you like Sonya’s look, shop it up at her online store, sonyabee.bigcartel.com.
Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 2-6 picture(s) to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted may be featured on Facebook or Twitter. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game!

Posted In
135 comments

135 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Sonya from Mississippi”

1. NicoleS says:

Ehh! She has on basic party girl clothes. Pretty girl nontheless. Just needs more ‘looks’.

2. Jazz says:

I really would have liked to her see everyday wardrobe, this is just club wear. That red dress is FAB though.

3. MissRich.com says:

Bombshell, idk, but cute none the less, nice dresses tho! ^_^

4. iQgraphics says:

Beauty bombshell, Yes! Fashion bombshell, No.

5. KJ says:

Beautiful girl, but those outfits are not the move! Seriously, that pink dress looks like coogi *gags*. Hair looks nice too…
    Beauty bombshell—>YES
    Fashion bombshell–>NOOO

6. MzIndie says:

I am in love with that red dress. I like that she plays with brights but still she is stuck in party mode. Can we see what you wear to work,school, shopping.,etc, etc…. Pretty girl though and that pink lipstick looks great on u

7. Marsha D says:

Very video vixen but hey if it works for you my dear carry on. I see where she’s going with it though…..

8. Dom says:

She’s gorgeous, and I like her use of color. Not a fan of all her looks but love the yellow dress.

Also, her body is siiiiiiick!

9. Loni says:

This isn’t fashion. Everything she has on came from your biggest advertiser CLUBBOUTIQUE.COM

10. ashley says:

everything she is wearing is a knockoff of some designer Soo…bombshell No !!!

11. MissRich.com says:

I agree with Loni…. looks like she shops at the websites to the right of this post. -__-

12. Jules says:

nah nah she looks like a diva not bombshell

13. Stephie says:

Pretty girl… and I have to agree with *Marsha D* its video vixon for sure. There was nothing unique about it. I’m from Detroit and her looks are a typical friday night club gear.

14. Calidream says:

The red dress (although we could not see a full shot of it) look great! Everything else sorry looks typical and does not look like there is that much though into it. I agree with Claire try switching it up a little we all like to show off a great figure but add some variety to your look. bodycon dresses are not the only dresses to flatter ones curves. Who knows maybe she sent in more pictures and these were the ones that were choosen. Overall she is cute but not so much creative even when going out for a night on the town.

15. Bella says:

cute girl but this is not inspiring. it’s various bodycon dresses from celebboutique

16. Keidra says:

Pretty does not equal fashion! Anyone can be pretty, but it takes style and edge to create unique fashion! Like they said, very video viven-ish.

17. SONYA BEE says:

thanks everyone for the feedback. I love it whether it’s good or bad =) If you would like to share any tips please feel free to email me at sonya.beesboutique@gmail.com and checkout my website SONYABEE.BIGCARTEL.COM =) xoxo Sonya Bee

18. kat says:

Very pretty,very nice shape- but overall, it’s not my taste so I can’t really judge. So I didn’t vote on this one. I actually really like the pink outfit but the yellow and white dresses in particular are just way too tight. Also, I would have liked to see her in some of the “tribal” prints that she says she likes.

19. justsaying says:

I would of love to see versatility with her. Such a beautiful face with much more to offer in style such as elegance and classic piece. I think if she inspired to wear body con dress, i think there are so many different ways to style these pieces.

20. Latanya says:

Pretty but not bombshell worthy.

@Claire. How do you chose the bombshell of the day? Do you feature everyone that submits or do you randomly pick from all the submissions on a daily basis?

This is a serious question with no shade toward today’s beauiful bombshell. xoxo

21. Lainea says:

Very pretty.

22. Bre Bre says:

She is cute. But their is a difference between fashion and style. And it’s okay because she’s from Mississippi so you can’t expect much…

23. TT says:

While it’s not my taste..I have to say that she has a great attitude. Too many people get so defensive upon the slightest hint of criticism (constructive, of course). I would say Sonya to add more jeans/pants, blazers and nice tops to your wardrobe. We know you can wear the hell out of a dress…but layering pieces can be just as glamorous.

24. Brinks says:

As she displays, short and tight isn’t always right. I blame Love & Hip Hop and Basketball Wives. People look to glorified whores, ex strippers, and high class prostitutes for style cues.

25. anonymous says:

I first want to say that this girl is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!

And if this were for a beauty bombshell (as someone earlier stated) or a party look bombshell, she would get tens across the board.

But as far as a fashion bombshell, I would have like to see some more looks. I bet that she would still look gorgeous in a tailored suit, or some cute slacks and button down top. Just wish we could have seen that.

26. Pretty girl. I like the red Jessica Rabbit-esque dress and I like that she’s a thick girl who enjoys her shape (which is nice, btw) but I would have liked to have seen more variety in her wardrobe choices.

However, we all go through phases with our style and if she’s all about bodycon dresses at the moment then so be it.

27. Ni says:

I absolutely love Sonya B!! She’s the best and I love her clothing!! GOOOOO SONYA BBBBBB!!

28. Kandis says:

Yes @TT she does have a great attitude, she seems really pleasant. No need to discuss the outfits though.

29. La says:

Really BRE BRE. Really laughing at the ignorance of your comment… Once again people are so quick to want to say crazy crap like what BRE said, but I’m sorry I’m glad every state have their own idenity… If we all followed fashion from LA, New York, Miami etc how does that show individuality and creativeness? I’m glad she has her own look, and many like it some hate it, however to point out you shouldn’t expect much because of where she’s from
    Is really stupid… Its different to give constructive opinions but to be a hater
    Is another!! Go Sonya, continue doing YOU! That’s what makes you special!

30. African Mami says:

My question is: Is you breathing right, fa real?! Coz lawwwd knows that body con is sucking up on your lungs!

No ma’m. This is not fashion, just basic club wear, nonetheless bomb body, pretty chick.

31. ENvied IVY says:

HOUTE!!! I love her style! Does she have a blog or tumblr?

32. hmmmm says:

“Is you breathing right, fa real”. WOW.

Are you using the the English language right?

Fashion/style is objective. To each their own.

33. Sheena says:

@brinks i was thinking the same thing expect i say blame the kardashians… but even they got over this look.lol… but she does look fabulous. very gorg girl!

34. COCO says:

that orange yellow dress is wayyy to tight… bodycon crazy.. pretty girl like everyone says tho and hair is fab

35. Nicole says:

Pretty Girl…I would assume her style works for her if so thumbs up!

36. Caligirllivinin says:

WHoAAA….. there are some hateful people out there. Fashion is each person’s individual expression of their personality, she is hot chick and she looks hot in her fashion! She’ll inspire someone else to just do them, just as GaGa, just as Madonna, just as Alexander McQueen did. Keep doing you girl, I LOVE IT!! And your body is killin em, whose your trainer??

37. Court says:

Pretty girl. As someone stated above her looks are very video vixenesque.

38. I always love when my clients are doing well. Get it girl, you look HAUTE!!!! http://www.Kellymonicahair.blogspot.com

39. I love when my clients are doing good. Get it girl, you look HAUTE!!! — Kellymonicahair.blogspot.com

40. KG says:

Good style, Great Attitude! Go girl!

41. Quetta Dee says:

She looks Great && obviously takes constructive criticism well!! && if u got it FLAUNT IT BEW!!!

42. Tricia says:

WELL SHE IS DEF A FASHIONISTA, U GUYS ARE ONLY GETTING A GLIMPSE OF MAYBE JUST CLUB PICS. THE STATE SHE’S FROM IS OFFENSIVE, I LIVE IN MS AND HAVE LIVED IN OTHER STATES THAT AREN’T ON OUR LEVEL. SHE’S A REALLY SWEET GIRL THAT IS EXTREMELY DOWN TO EARTH. ALSO THE KNOCK OFF COMMENT YEA RIGHT, NOT EVEN! SHE A BOMBSHELL TO ME SORRY!

43. shan says:

I think I’m just anti club clothes. Like I’m content going to the club in an oversized sweater and heels.

44. KisE says:

nothing about her screams “modern day hippie” at all..basic club gear, none the less she’s gorgeous and her body is amazing…

45. Micah says:

Pretty girl, looks are very typical and like everyone said “video vixen-ish”. None of her looks seem like they were thrifted like she claims. Seems like she found one website and stuck with it. That red dress is bomb though!

46. jace says:

“try not to lean too hard”
    i’m throwing my head back, laughing so hard at that!

47. CandiceJ says:

Congrats SB! Ignorance is BLISS! The hometeam is proud in all of ur adventures.. Glad you keep your same attitude no matter what! Good things come to those that stay humble! :) great look you are truely a fashion bombshell and beauty bombshell of course! Make sure you guys check out SONYABEE.BIGCARTEL.COM!!!

48. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

For some people, life is a party…I say do you.

49. cremebellacreme says:

<3 all the dresses!

50. LawyerChic says:

I didn’t know what to expect when I saw MS, NOT bc I think they lack style, but because I haven’t been exposed to style from that region. I think she looks very well put together, and like she says she loves her bodycon so I don’t knock her for that. Plus she pulls it off in a good way. She has the bod for it & nothing looks ill-fitting.