January 24th, 2012
Beauty
5 Spring 2012 Beauty Trends You Can Rock Right Now
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Though we’re only a month into winter, aren’t you already tired of it and pining for spring? Just me? Oh.

Anyway, if you want to inject a little spring 2012 into your beauty game, here are 5 trends you can rock right now:

1. Mint nail polish.

Pastels are back once again (though truth be told, they never really left). Mint is pushing forward to be the hot nail color next season, but you can get a head start on the goes-with-all-our-brown skin tones hue.

Polishes to try:

2. Orange lipstick.

Pantone earlier declared tangerine as the color of the year for 2012. The vivid shade takes guts to pull off, but can brighten the complexion and is a hot alternative to red.

Orange lipsticks to try: MAC Lady Danger, Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense #30, Black Opal True Color Lipstick in Tropica, Milani Color Perfect Lipstick in Mango Mambo

3. Vibrant blush.

Shades of pink, coral, and orange are on trend for S/S ’12 and perfect because bolder colors look stunning on brown cheeks.

Bold blush shades to try: Milani Baked Blush in Red Vino, Black Radiance Artisan Baked Blush in Warm Berry, Bobbi Brown Blush in Apricot, NARS Blush in Mata Hari

4. Bronzed, luminous skin.

Can’t go on vacay? Look like you did with a luminous bronzed look. You can mix a touch of liquid luminizer in your foundation for an all over glow or dust a deep shade of powder bronzer along the perimeter of the face and the hollows of the cheeks.

Bronzers to try: Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzer in Bali Brown, Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder in #8 Ebony Bronze, MAC Bronzing Drops, NARS Multiple Bronzer

5. Strong brows.

Bolder brows are back again! If your brows aren’t quite there, you can fill them in with brow powder or a pencil using light, feathery, hair-like strokes. Be mindful not to overdo it—the look is Jourdan Dunn not Groucho Marx. Use a brow bone highlight (cream concealer 1-2 shades lighter than your skin tone or a sheer shadow) to really make your arches stand out.

Which spring beauty trends are you itching to try?

~Danielle

Posted In
30 comments

30 Responses to “5 Spring 2012 Beauty Trends You Can Rock Right Now”

1. cydnii says:

GREAT IDEAS!!

2. Cara says:

Orange lipstick, bold cheeks, and the strong brows!

3. loverly says:

I’ve got my MAC Lady Danger waiting! Never wore it last summer because it’s just so bright I get nervous about rocking it.

4. Eva’s brows look amazing! I wonder how they filled them in, or with what product.

5. candylicker says:

Oh, Niki doesnt have her butt pads in today…
    hmmm

6. T1K says:

I have MAC’s “morange” (I think that’s the name) and I love it and have been rocking it since fall… But I live in Miami ^__^

7. Latanya says:

Vibrant blush and bronzed skin. I’m sick of winter already, lol.

8. Dom says:

I’ve been on mint polish for the last two years. Last year I was into the pastel yellow. Really looking forward to spring.

9. Joanne_ says:

you can never go wrong with vibrant blush! =)

10. MissRich.com says:

love this post, becuz these are my everyday looks

11. Dee says:

Love this post!!!

12. shan says:

I love the look after eva’s pic. Coral blushes and soft lips are definitely a plus for me. Not keen on Nicki’s bright pink.

13. luxcheri says:

Brows will definitely be in effect as well as bright blush and bright lips

14. maro says:

hey Danielle! Great post :D

I am in love with the hair on that lovely model with the vibrant blush, even though it might not be a part of this post.

And I was on your blog the other day *your hair is LAID* yes GOD!

Let’s have a moment for Danielle’ hair!

15. binks says:

Love the vibrant blush look so simple but effortless and chic I like all the suggestions minus ylthe orange lips orange isn’t my color :(

16. Danielle says:

thanks, everyone!

@maro LMAOOOOOO! Thanks :)

17. Ramona says:

I love all the blush choices, but which one would you should suggest for darker skin? Say in a Jessica White skin tone ;) Thanks!

18. Cookie says:

Love the strong brows! I think thicker brows make you look younger! I hate Michelle O’s brows. They are too thin! Makes her look kind of wicked! Still love the first lady though!

19. Ramona says:

I love all the blush choices, but what do you reccommend for someone with dark skin? Thanks

20. Danielle says:

@Ramona hey! actually all the blushes I mentioned in the post work on dark skin. The darker the skin, the brighter the blush…even if it looks scary in the pan, it will look GORGEOUS on the cheeks. ;)

21. Black Bettie says:

i love this post.. i’ve been doing all 5 of these for a long time, so thanks for letting me know i’m already killing the game!! for the dark skinned girls, like myself, if you’re too scared to do orange lipstick, try Revlon’s Super Lustrous lip gloss in Firecracker. it’s orange, but not so pigmented like lipstick and it’s a great way to test your courage. Also for the coral-y/orange blush, try Nars blush in Taj Mahal. I wear it almost every day and you can use it for eyeshadow/highlighting, etc.. and that MAC brow gel in Show Off used with MAC eye brow pencil in Spiked are game changers. they lighten black brows for a different look and it helps when you don’t have time to get your brows done!

22. d. broussard says:

All you need: MAC in morange and lady danger.

23. Crystal says:

i have on mint polish right now! thank you @Black Bettie, i’m going to try Firecracker.

24. Santana-Marie says:

I wore the mint polish last year and I love it… I will be putting it back on very soon! Love love the coral blush I have to try that!

25. Vera says:

The mint polish I must say is great. I had a party to go to and I threw it on not really thinking about it and I was complimented all night.

26. MsKroberts says:

Great Post, thanks Danielle! I am looking for the perfect red and coral-ly/orange lipstick. And I tried the luminous/bronze look not too long ago and my daughter said my face looked greasy! #fail i’ll have to try to do better!

27. Brenda says:

How about Illmasqua’s blush in Excite. I’ve tried it at Sephora several times and get so many compliments in and out of the store. Now just waiting for Sephora’s next sale. I heard it’s in April…..

28. Msyenckopowa says:

I have my “So Chaud” MAC lipstick ready! Yay!

29. Miss Moore says:

What sunglasses are those on the model under the bronzer label? Just curious

30. Mona L says:

I’m all about whats going on in these looks right now!!! yess yess and yessss