January 23rd, 2012
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Heidi Klum and Seal are separating after seven years of marriage. While TMZ seems to think the couple split over Seal’s scary black man temper, the couple claims that the spark between them has started to fizzle: “While we have enjoyed seven very loving, loyal and happy years of marriage, after much soul-searching we have decided to separate. We have had the deepest respect for one another throughout our relationship and continue to love each other very much, but we have grown apart. This is an amicable process and protecting the well-being of our children remains our top priority, especially during this time of transition.We thank our family, friends, and fans for their kind words of support. And for our children’s sake, we appreciate you respecting our privacy” Sad! They definitely seemed so strong for a Hollywood couple! (People)

Fashion’s Night Out is happening in September after all. For the fourth year, free booze and hors d’oeurves will be distributed at various stores you don’t usually go in to. Thursday, September 6th (the first day of the next Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week) is the big night. Will you be going out? Or will you avoid the madness? (Styleite)

Bernard Willhelm sent his models down the runway for his men’s collection with bandanas reading “I love black cock.” Good to know the ‘ol mandingo fantasy has its place everywhere, including ready-to-wear shows! (Fashionista)

• Project Runway Season 4 winner Christian Siriano is teaming up with Nordstrom for a bridal collection. The young designer tweeted the first image from the collection, and now I know what I won’t be wearing to my wedding. The dress will retail for $2,375. Would you rock it? (Glamour)

Alessandra Ambrosio is five months pregnant, but still skinny and pretty enough to walk the runway for Colcci this weekend during Sao Paulo Fashion Week. (Fashionista)

• Public Relations firm KCD is launching digitalfashionshows.com, a site expected to give editors and buyers much needed relief during the hectic show season. The website will broadcast pre-taped fashion shows during fashion week for those whose show schedules are so packed, they can’t make it to the real thing. Prabal Gurung‘s ICB collection will be the first shows to hit the site come February 15. But don’t get too excited, unfashionable plebes. You and your dusty Ugg slippers won’t have access to any of the shows without an invite and a password.  (WWD)

~Jihan

23 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Heidi Klum and Seal Separate, Bernard Willhelm’s Racy Men’s Show Bandanas, and KCD to Launch Digital Fashion Show Platform”

1. Kitty B. says:

Heidi and Seal, my opinion, i dont believe them, i think this is publicity stunt, he has an album which drops tomorrow!!! What better way to make sales then to make a story like this….

I’ve attended FNO every yr since it started and I will be there this year once again :)

Dont like wedding dress…i would never!

And yes thats what a REAL pregnant woman looks like **wink**

2. Kay says:

If this is true, I’m deeply sadden by their split (after 7yrs of marriage). It seems these celebrities take marriage as a joke.Hang in there Heidi and Seal!

3. ninjo says:

Christian Siriano needs to stop. That dress is not even worthy to have his name on it. Step it up please. Don’t go all commercial on us.

4. kaliente says:

It makes me sick when ppl say “oh we grew apart” that just sounds so riiculous for a married couple to say. Does my husband get on my nerves?YES! Could we grow apart? SURE, if we allowed that to happen! marriage takes work and putting God first I know thats them but it just saddens me that ppl just opt for divorce or whatever. I really hope that they reconcile. I take my vows very serious..for better or worse….

5. Bernard Willhelm << How the hell does that tie into his line?? I want to know that for one!

Two it shockes me that most of these couples give up when things get a little boring. THey have 4 kids, and they are saying they grew apart? How does that happen? It's called working it out, and making it work. But you know what thats not my place to say. I just think marriage is taken so lightly these days.

6. Jules says:

well its time heidi, he is one scary black men

7. kaliente says:

exactly @ Elle

8. Muah says:

Alexandra looks fab!!!

Seal and Heidi splitting – whatever. Bigger problems in the world.

9. Muah says:

Alessandra*

10. Marthe says:

urgh @ Bernard Willhelm.

11. Mona L says:

Are you sure thats not Christian Siriano for Davids Bridal? GTFOH!

12. sun.kissed says:

I would hope Heidi and Seal wouldn’t stoop so low and make this a pub stunt—that wouldn’t be cool. That bridal dress is horrid, Christian quit playing.

13. Crystal says:

Heidi and Seal should’ve kept that statement to themselves. They look childish and immature. I agree 100% @kaliente.

So he’s a “scary” black man? Michelle Obama described as “angry”..can they find any other adjectives for black people

15. vanessa says:

Oh! Seal and Heidi, they’re one of my favourite couples!!!! But i don’t understand the reasons of the split but…another famous couple with ridiculous reasons…

espantajasandfriends.blogspot.com

16. Indigo says:

People do outgrown each other… People change,there for their feelings change too. Sometimes it’s for the better, and sometimes it’s for the worse. We don’t know what goes on behind closed doors. I am happy it’s an amicable split : )

17. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

That wedding dress looks like something I came up with my freshman year of undergrad…right before I realized I needed to be on the business side of fashion, not the creative side.

18. andie says:

“the spark started to fizzle” really??! smh
    I pray my pennies multiply so I can get to NY for fashion week..I definitely lost in the location lottery of life
    The Bernard story has to be a joke…I’ve seen some stupid stuff in fashion but this takes the cake!
    That CANNOT be Christian’s dress! I wouldn’t pay $2.00 for that
    Yay for Alessandra! I hope whenever I do get prego I can look this cute

19. Apple says:

I’ll pass on that wedding dress.

20. B. says:

To be honest, I think that the Heidi and Seal split seems totally reasonable. I know people are likely to be critical of them anyway because they’re in the public eye, but when people have careers that require them to be apart from each other a lot (for her these days usually at the TV studio filming or making appearances at events and for him at the recording studio or making appearances and this week he’s coming to Australia to be a mentor on the Australian version of The Voice) it is almost inevitable that a couple will grow apart.

My friend’s parents got divorced after many years of marriage because, with both of them as specialist doctors, they were required to work such long hours and were never at home together and simply they grew apart as a couple and fell out of love. It’s very sad, very real, and it happens.

21. Topaz says:

Heidi and Seal were in previous relationships which ended in divorce or permanent separation. If they couldn’t handle it then, they certainly couldn’t handle it now. Somebody got issues….or both, which should have been dealt with before having all those babies.

22. The parties must have been living apart from one another for a period amounting to four out of the previous five years before the application is made.