January 19th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Week in Chic
This Week in Chic: Jay-Z, Gabrielle Union, Tracee Ellis Ross and More!
By Faith

This week was big in terms of style and both sexes worked it on the red carpet. From the Golden Globes Awards after parties to club re-openings and appearances all around the globe, celebrities brought their A game in the fashion department.

Check out some of the week’s hottest looks:

The Warner Bros. and InStyle Golden Globes After Party was full of chic looks from Tracee Ellis Ross’s gorgeous strapless cocktail dress to Laz Alonso who looked devilishly handsome in a black tux. New father, Jay-Z, looked dapper at the reopening of his 40/40 club, while Gabrielle Union and Adrienne and Chris Bosh looked fab at Dwyane Wade’s birthday celebration in Miami. I loved Adriana Lima’s white cutout dress, while Taboo from the Black Eyed Peas really nailed it while keeping it casual in New York City.

Who are your favorites this week?

Image Source: Ivan Nikolov/WENN.com and Getty

43 Responses to “This Week in Chic: Jay-Z, Gabrielle Union, Tracee Ellis Ross and More!”

1. Samantha says:

is it just me or did Ashanti and Gabrielle Union get dressed together?? There are a bit too many similarities in their dresses, both looked hot though

2. Kitty B. says:

Jay-Z. Taboo, Adrina, and Tracee Ellis Ross all my faves!!!

Ashanti looks great, but shes waaaaaaaaaaaay overdressed! She was attending a party for the re-opening of 40/40….not the Golden Globes, sighs

3. Kitty B. says:

Let me try again!

My girl Tracee Ellis never disappoints! Taboo looks great and so does Jessica Alba…

Ashanti looks wonderful as well, but this was a party for the grand re-opening of the 40/40 club, not the Oscars…shes waaaaaaay to overdressed, sighs

4. Courtney says:

Everyone looked amazing, although I think I would have preferred Ashanti’s hair pulled up.

5. Caribbelle says:

Tracee looks absolutely fabulous! I could have done without Adriana Lima or her dress.

6. Bre Bre says:

Kim Kardashian looks 2 sizes larger in those baggy clothes. Who styled her today?

7. T1K says:

Is Mrs. Bosh and Jessica Alba wearing the same shoes? Love those.

8. T1K says:

Oh and cute dress J.hud.

9. Tam says:

Dania looks very pretty

SELITA!!! Girl devastation at its best…I’m not even gonna go in on Ashanti or J-Hud and that hair……And Tracee is damn near always on point!

11. NikkiBellaRay says:

Gabby looks great hands down, Ashanti is beautiful but over the top for the occasion, Adriana Lima is stunning! Just gorgeous! Laz looks sooo handsome but timid.

12. michezluu says:

I like that Jay-Z finally looks like a grown up. I like Adrina Lima.

13. Brinks says:

Selita Ebanks is killing ‘em!

14. Crystal says:

Laz Alonso is all kinds of fine.

15. Brandon says:

I think everyone looks MAJOR!!!!!

16. sun.kissed says:

Everyone looks great for the most part. My favs have to be Selita, shutting down the game with Terrence J., Tracee, giving them grown up sexy, and Gabby in the plum number.

17. David says:

Fuck Terrence j gay ass nigger

18. KBS says:

Uh, um David, do you need a Xanax or something to help you relax?
    Anyway, Selita is killin em….beautiful. And Tracee as always looks good

19. Char says:

I absolutely cannot with JHud and her helmet. Between her and Kelly Rowland, I am always left wondering how much they pay their stylists and if I could possibly submit a bid. Such gorgeous, talented women whose teams repeatedly set them up for the epic FAIL. Bad wig at its worst!

20. aries says:

kim k pants r too big and too long. she need to take a break for real. selita looks beautiful and i always love tracee ellis ross.

21. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

TER and ooh, Laz…that’s my boo.

22. shelly says:

@ Char
    I TOTALLY AGREE, smh. She got too much money to be wearing those atrocious wigs, sigh.

I think this is one of the BEST looks I’ve seen on Gabby! She looks absolutely gorgeous…hair, face, dress, and shoes….YES.

Tracee Ellis Ross also looks very nice.

And I love Kimmy’s shirt. Nice to see her in pants every once in a while, lol.

And last but not least, I guess Chris Bosh’s wife is having their baby through a surrogate, sigh…

23. t-fal says:

Poor kim k. We’re similar in height and shape and wide leg high waist pants are NOT our friends. Dressing to your shape is key, cause i could easily see solange taking that same outfit, adding a pop of color and kill it!!

24. Dom says:

Dania R. looks beautiful. She takes top for me this week.

25. Gemini says:

I love Dania’s hair piece & Selita’s fur coat.

26. Bie says:

Tracee makes something so simple look so PHENOMENAL!!

27. SxyDread says:

I agree on J-Hud’s hair. either get a proper weave, or take that crap out and rock your own hair. it just looks ridiculous already. Tracee Ellis looks PURRDY!! I just love her style, it’s always something to admire. I actually really like Jessica Alba’s look, the B/W mix and cut of her suit are ver cute. Jay z is working that suit and so is Terrence J, I see you! Ashanti needs to go somewhere with that dress and Kim K. needs to just go away already.

28. Dobe says:

Selita AIN’T playin’! Love Dania, Gabrielle, and Tracee’s dresses.
    Laz looks good… besides looking like he has to poop, lol.

And are we gonna skip right over Jessica’s cool blazer?? Love it… and I need something similar.

29. B. says:

Oh my God, too many amazing looks, my brain is overloaded! I am dying over Jay Z, Selita Ebanks, Gabby Union, Jessica Alba and Adriana Lima’s makeup.

Also, I actually love Kim K’s high waisted pants. Who says everyone needs to look their tiniest all the time? She looks very chic and she certainly doesn’t look “big”. Plus, I’ll bet she looks amazing in profile.

30. Tracee Ellis, oh how I <3 thee. Let me count the ways… Selita … I see you! And J.Hud looks super!

31. Siobhan says:

I agree with everyone on JHud. I love her but I’ve been waiting since she has been out for her to get that together!!!! The only time I have seen it look decent is 1. In Dream Girls 2. The latest weight watchers commercial (she actually has a part!!!) *sigh We are gonna pray that 1 day your hair too will be laid to the Gods……

32. JR says:

A Lima looks great.

33. lanenabuena says:

Ms Hudson PLEASE GET A NEW HAIR STYLIST!!! ASAP,

34. HauteSense says:

Terrence and Selita shut it down!!!

35. Na415 says:

I love Gabrielle look111

36. Na415 says:

I love Gabrielle look!!!

37. Diva says:

Gabby ALWAYS plays it so safe & boring…. wake me when she wears high fashion.
    Selita is fabulous… she is a good look for Terrance J
    Jennifer enough with the mini dresses…. you are slim WE KNOW !!!! How bout you tone those legs up a bit ?
    Ohhhh Laz, hot dayum !
    Tracee does it again ! ELEGANTE !!!!!
    Ashanti please sit down !
    Chris Bosh…. no, no, no !!!

38. I drop a comment each individual time I like a guide on a website or if I have something to valuable to contribute to the conversation. It’s a result in the fire communicated in the article I browsed. And after reading this guide I had been really moved enough to drop a comment here

39. Kirk Kunzman says:

An interesting dialogue is worth comment. I think that you should write extra on this topic, it might not be a taboo topic however generally people are not sufficient to talk on such topics. To the next. Cheers

40. An impressive share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing a bit evaluation on this. And he the truth is purchased me breakfast because I discovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the deal with! However yeah Thnkx for spending the time to debate this, I really feel strongly about it and love studying extra on this topic. If doable, as you develop into experience, would you thoughts updating your weblog with extra particulars? It’s extremely useful for me. Large thumb up for this weblog put up!

41. A powerful share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing a bit evaluation on this. And he actually purchased me breakfast as a result of I discovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the deal with! However yeah Thnkx for spending the time to debate this, I really feel strongly about it and love studying extra on this topic. If doable, as you turn out to be experience, would you thoughts updating your weblog with extra particulars? It’s extremely useful for me. Large thumb up for this weblog put up!

42. Ralph Palagi says:

A formidable share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing just a little evaluation on this. And he in actual fact purchased me breakfast as a result of I discovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the deal with! However yeah Thnkx for spending the time to debate this, I really feel strongly about it and love studying extra on this topic. If doable, as you change into experience, would you thoughts updating your weblog with extra particulars? It’s extremely useful for me. Large thumb up for this weblog put up!

43. Once I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new feedback are added- checkbox and now every time a remark is added I get 4 emails with the identical comment. Is there any means you’ll be able to take away me from that service? Thanks!